Windows 10: bootable usb

Discus and support bootable usb in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I checked the partition style of my hard disk in the disk management tool and its GPT , and i want to install an os from a usb drive , ive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Zmnakohama, Nov 7, 2020.

1. bootable usb

I checked the partition style of my hard disk in the disk management tool and its GPT ,

and i want to install an os from a usb drive ,

ive downloaded rufus portable and plugged my usb ,and the partition scheme option only shows MBR. the question is : would that be a problem ? and if yes , can i convert usb partition to become GPT ? to match the hdd partition style

question 2 : lets say all of that is solved , can i convert the usb back to what it was before ? i mean back to MBR and be used as a normal usb

extra info if it helps : the usb drive partition style is MBR. bootable usb e2c7acda-11cb-441a-bf74-5e54a5ed3d2f?upload=true.png

:)

Zmnakohama, Nov 7, 2020
  2. Agility Win User

Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Nov 7, 2020
  3. Chewy Win User
    Ipod bootable drive?

I want to know if I can make my ipod a usb bootable drive.. will it mess up my ipod? I need to flash my video card back to normal.. Neros bootable cd gave me an error. I used a step by step guide, but thats another story.

Chewy, Nov 7, 2020
  4. Solaris17 Win User

bootable usb

Multi-bootable USB

We didnt use ISOs, we had to convert them to .imgPTN when we were using them. But we graduated from easy2boot when we could get all the tools we needed on 10.

Thats a whole other issue. If you cant see the USB at all during boot then you wont make any headway getting easy2boot working.

I can try and post the document later when I have some time.

Solaris17, Nov 7, 2020
Thema:

bootable usb

1. bootable usb - Similar Threads - bootable usb

2. How can I create a Windows 10 bootable USB installer on Mac?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I create a Windows 10 bootable USB installer on Mac?: Hey everyone! I'm currently facing a bit of a challenge and could really use some guidance. I've recently needed to create a Windows 10 bootable USB installer, but there's a twist—I need to do it from my Mac. I understand that the process might be a bit different compared to...
  3. How can I create a Windows 10 bootable USB installer on Mac?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I create a Windows 10 bootable USB installer on Mac?: Hey everyone! I'm currently facing a bit of a challenge and could really use some guidance. I've recently needed to create a Windows 10 bootable USB installer, but there's a twist—I need to do it from my Mac. I understand that the process might be a bit different compared to...
  4. How can I create a Windows 10 bootable USB installer on Mac?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Win 11 Creating a bootable usb stick Error Code 0X8007007Bx0xA001B

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 Creating a bootable usb stick Error Code 0X8007007Bx0xA001B: Hello, my old win 7 PC died a death. My old external Hard Drive backup failed too. so I just purchased a new Win11 one. I want to ensure that I can re-boot it if anything goes wrong, a bootable USB stick seems the obvious answer. I have tried with several different large...
  6. Win 11 Creating a bootable usb stick Error Code 0X8007007Bx0xA001B

Win 11 Creating a bootable usb stick Error Code 0X8007007Bx0xA001B: Hello, my old win 7 PC died a death. My old external Hard Drive backup failed too. so I just purchased a new Win11 one. I want to ensure that I can re-boot it if anything goes wrong, a bootable USB stick seems the obvious answer. I have tried with several different large...
  7. Windows USB won’t creat a bootable drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows USB won’t creat a bootable drive: Yes before you ask yes Secure boot, and TPM 2.0 is enabled. I get to the first restart after starting to download and my pc will boot back into the USB. Yes I’ve also moved my boot drives around but when I disconnect the usb my pc it will either boot strait into the bios with...
  8. Windows USB won’t creat a bootable drive

Windows USB won’t creat a bootable drive: Yes before you ask yes Secure boot, and TPM 2.0 is enabled. I get to the first restart after starting to download and my pc will boot back into the USB. Yes I’ve also moved my boot drives around but when I disconnect the usb my pc it will either boot strait into the bios with...
  9. Windows 7 bootable usb not working on my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 bootable usb not working on my laptop: I recently made a windows 7 bootable usb for my windows 10 pre-installed Dell laptop. But every time I go to boot from the usb, it shows the windows 7 "starting windows" animation startup for a second, then everything goes black and windows 10 starts up. My laptop is a dell...
  10. Windows 7 bootable usb not working on my laptop

Windows 7 bootable usb not working on my laptop: I recently made a windows 7 bootable usb for my windows 10 pre-installed Dell laptop. But every time I go to boot from the usb, it shows the windows 7 "starting windows" animation startup for a second, then everything goes black and windows 10 starts up. My laptop is a dell...