Windows 10: Bootcamp and RAM usage for System PTE

Discus and support Bootcamp and RAM usage for System PTE in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] From time to time, Windows uses up all available RAM on my Macbook Pro and brings it to its knees until a restart. Memory management at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/codingclosure, Sep 9, 2020.

1. Bootcamp and RAM usage for System PTE

/u/codingclosure, Sep 9, 2020

2. Unknown Constant RAM Usage

Hi,

To explore more on RAM usage by processes and see in-depth I advise you to open the Resource monitor, please follow the below steps.

Step 1 :

Open Task Manager

Step 2:

Click on Performance

Step 3:

At the bottom click on Open Resource Monitor

Step 4:

Under Resource Monitor windows click on Memory

Step 5:

Click on Working Set to list the top process utilizing the more RAM and then evaluate RAM usage.

Regards

Shuaib

Independent Advisor

MohammedShuaib1986, Sep 9, 2020
  3. BenCage Win User
    SYSTEM PTE MISUSE

This was already attempted. I get the HP logo then a SYSTEM PTE MISUSE error.

BenCage, Sep 9, 2020
  4. GBCrosby Win User

Bootcamp and RAM usage for System PTE

System and compressed memory high disk usage during file copy

Thank you Amarjeet_Paul.

I spent many more hours than I had hoped this past week reading and trying others' suggestions from this community on how to reduce high RAM usage due to ntoskrnl.exe. The "System and compressed memory" process remained the top consumer of RAM, using 500-900MB,
    among all other processes running. I deemed it to be the likely culprit in making my computer use frustratingly sluggish. After completing your
    third step, steps 1. & 2. provided no improvement in my case, the "System and compressed memory" process RAM usage has plummeted from the top of the Task Manager Process list to the bottom, running at a remarkable 0.1MB! That's a whole lot less than
    1% of the targeted process' gluttony. You're hired! Ps. I'll be keeping an eye on the process' use as I get back to normal operations, and be back if it floats to high in the list. Or if the registry fix you suggested has compromised use in any way. Please
    explain in simple terms what the insertion of your registry modification is doing.

Thanks again.

Geoff

GBCrosby, Sep 9, 2020
Thema:

Bootcamp and RAM usage for System PTE

1. Bootcamp and RAM usage for System PTE - Similar Threads - Bootcamp RAM usage

2. RAM Usage 100% on 32GB System Idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RAM Usage 100% on 32GB System Idle: Over the past couple of weeks, My ram has slowly begun to creep up on me. My specs are below:Ryzen 7800x3dRTX 4070 MSI Gaming X TrioAsus B650 E-F Gaming32GB 5400mhz Corsair RGB Pro1TB Boot NVME1TB SSD1TB HDDWindows 11 ProThe ram usage usually increases the longer the system...
  3. RAM Usage 100% on 32GB System Idle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RAM Usage 100% on 32GB System Idle: Over the past couple of weeks, My ram has slowly begun to creep up on me. My specs are below:Ryzen 7800x3dRTX 4070 MSI Gaming X TrioAsus B650 E-F Gaming32GB 5400mhz Corsair RGB Pro1TB Boot NVME1TB SSD1TB HDDWindows 11 ProThe ram usage usually increases the longer the system...
  4. **** is with this usage? System is on idle and RAM usage is 98% with the only notable...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    **** is with this usage? System is on idle and RAM usage is 98% with the only notable...: For some reason, I can't upload the image but here is the linkScreenshot LinkIt's a 16GB RAM laptop, on idle. How and why is it on 98% usage with just telemetry? Usually it sits around 35% on idle. Even docker+wsl combo doesn't cross 65% mark. Can someone tell me how to turn...
  5. **** is with this usage? System is on idle and RAM usage is 98% with the only notable...

**** is with this usage? System is on idle and RAM usage is 98% with the only notable...: For some reason, I can't upload the image but here is the linkScreenshot LinkIt's a 16GB RAM laptop, on idle. How and why is it on 98% usage with just telemetry? Usually it sits around 35% on idle. Even docker+wsl combo doesn't cross 65% mark. Can someone tell me how to turn...
  6. RAM usage

RAM usage: There is something I don't understand, why do different services and processes make a difference in RAM usage and affect the RAM usage of each other. Firstly, the windows widgets was taking up too much of RAM and it was of no use to me, so I disabled it from the registry....
  7. Hight RAM usage 'NT kernel & system'

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hight RAM usage 'NT kernel & system': Recently, I got an issue with high ram usage for no reason, so I open task manager to see what is the problem and nothing... After I close the tasks manager, the ram usage goes up again. So after many tries opening tasks manager, for a split second, I saw "NT kernel & system"...
  8. RAM usage

RAM usage: Hi I have 2 gb RAM and I am trying to run an app which recommends 4gb RAM so I set the virtual memory or the paging files to 2.5gb and I don't know if this enough or even would help so please I need an expert to answer...
  9. What is SYSTEM PTE? Why it took so much RAM ? [Answer]

What is SYSTEM PTE? Why it took so much RAM ? [Answer]: I'm exploring a new computer built with an Asus ROG motherboard and noticed a large amount of RAM usage. Based on advice from this forum I used RAMMap to determine exactly what was eating up so much RAM. The only thing it could tell me is that "SYSTEM PTE" was allocated over...
  10. SYSTEM PTE MISSUSED

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SYSTEM PTE MISSUSED: pls need help. my system installed the recently download update and since then the system has shown twice a blue screen with this on it. STOP CODE system PTE MISUSED. pls what does it mean and how can it be resolved. is a Dell system i5...