Windows 10: Bootcamp large space

Discus and support Bootcamp large space in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I just installed windows on my mac, and allocated 100 gb of memory into it. However, the system states that it's using 204 gb as system files to ensure... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Shqxin, Jun 21, 2020.

1. Shqxin Win User

Bootcamp large space

I just installed windows on my mac, and allocated 100 gb of memory into it. However, the system states that it's using 204 gb as system files to ensure that windows will work. I feel like this is a glitch or bug. How do I fix this? And no, it's not a visual glitch because I can't install anything because I'm practically out of space.

:)

Shqxin, Jun 21, 2020

2. Files & Folders View as medium or large Icons

To assist you better, we would suggest that you try to follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Once you are viewing a folder, right click an empty space within the File Explorer window and select View from the dialogue menu, then choose Large or any icon you wanted to use. Alternatively, you can use the following shortcut keys on the keyboard to
      change your View settings:
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 1 Extra Large
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 2 Large icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 3 Medium Icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 4 Small Icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 5 List
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 6 Details
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 7 Tiles
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 8 Content
    3. Once you have the view set, you can make it the default view for

every folder.

4. Click Apply, then click OK.

Update us on the result.

Marivel Man, Jun 21, 2020
  3. RadeRad Win User
    Observations: Win10 and Apple Bootcamp

Hello!

Let me prefix my journey by stating that I really like the small and powerful form factor
    of the Mac MINI. It's an i7 processor that just FLIES, in a footprint no bigger than my desk phone. OS-X, however, leaves a ton to be desired, which is why I like my Windows operating system.

WIN 10

I have given up on hoping to get Win10 to function on my Mac MINI Bootcamp partition.
    Win10 is incompatible with the original Bootcamp support drivers,
    which is why you will slowly lose things like sound, Wi-Fi and USB devices which worked perfectly prior to the Win10 upgrade. Sure, these basic system components might work fine for a couple of months following the Win8.1 to Win10 upgrade, but as Win10 updates
    get pushed, you will gradually lose them, and there is no way to get them back. Bootcamp with a WIn10 ISO does not work; I know, I tried.

SOLUTION

Apple folk -- Stay on Windows 8.1 until Apple updates Bootcamp support to accommodate Win10. Apple Bootcamp drivers DO support Win 8.1, and Win 8.1 takes up a lot less Bootcamp disk space than Win10! If your Windows 10 build has you in
    a rage (like mine did), before you delete your partition, get your Win8.1 ISO build (see steps).

STEPS TO INSTALL Win8.1 on Apple Mac Mini Bootcamp

• Make sure you have your Win8.1 product key and a large USB flash drive
    • On any PC that has a working Windows partition and network access, download the Windows 8.1 64bit ISO image. This site has the link to the executable: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/windows-8/create-reset-refresh-media
    • Install the image to the USB flash drive (DOES NOT WORK TO USB Hard Drive)
    • On the Apple bootcamp, select the options to download the Bootcamp drivers and to install "Windows 7 or newer" from the menu. The Win7 link does not work (discontinued).
    • Bootcamp download will take a while (10-30 minutes depending on your network)
    • Adjust your Windows partition when the window pops up
    • Select the Bootcamp partition and select the FORMAT icon (this will reformat that space for the Win8.1 OS).
    • Sit back and let it fly.
    • After the install and you are at your Windows desktop screen, go into the USB Flash Drive folder called "Bootcamp" and run the SETUP.EXE file. This will install the Bootcamp switch and all the underlying Apple drivers onto your PC.
    • 140+ Win8.1 updates later...

I am HAPPILY up and running; WIndows 8.1 on my Mac Mini. Sound, network, USB drives, plus Office 2013 connected to my Outlook.com account. Oh, and note: Once I authenticated my Outlook.com account, all my contacts, mail and calendar got synced with Win8.1!

BTW: The OUTLOOK.COM PASSWORD to sync with Outlook 2013 can be found HERE: Sign in to your Microsoft account <--BOOK MARK THIS SITE!!! You will need if for anything that syncs to Outlook.com!

Good luck!

Rade

RadeRad, Jun 21, 2020
  4. Bootcamp large space

File Explorer not showing Extra large icons

Hi,

The icons might be set to appear in medium or small icons. For you to get extra large icons, follow these steps:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Right-click in an empty space and navigate to View > Extra large icons.

Let us know how it goes so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jun 21, 2020
Thema:

Bootcamp large space

1. Bootcamp large space - Similar Threads - Bootcamp large space

2. Mysterious files taking up large space in drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mysterious files taking up large space in drive: Hi, I recently found out that one of my drives nearly ran out of storage. I was very surprised because I was very sure that I did not intentionally put many files in the drive. Windows11 tells me that there are 587GB of "Other" files first snapshot below, but when I clicked...
  3. DCFWinService taking up large cpu space

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DCFWinService taking up large cpu space: DCFWinService was taking up around 30% of my CPU Intel Core i3 8130U and this started happening ever since I downloaded Windows 10 October 2020 20h2. I would try end the task but after a while it would just pop back up. I also tried upgrading to the newer build 19042.906...
  4. Large window disks space.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Large window disks space.: Does anyone know why is my windows folder takes up 44 GB? Even winSXS folder takes up 8.6 GB? I've already tried disk clean up, defragment, window update troubleshoot but nothing much change....
  5. Large spaces on taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Large spaces on taskbar: [ATTACH] This is a screenshot from one of the WindowsCentral YouTube channel. Here, on the right most taskbar, the icons are nicely and cleanly spaced. whereas, on my laptop, they're kinda closer. how do I get those icon spaces ?...
  6. Bootcamp

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bootcamp: I downloaded Windows and set everything up from my 2019 Macbook Pro. Now I try to go back to Mac, I cannot find the Boot camp icon in the arrow sign and this is very bad for me since I have work to finish on that mac. So can someone please respond asap...
  7. Bootcamp

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Bootcamp: I would like to be able to find the serial number for my windows 10 running from Apple Bootcamp. Any assistance would be appreciated. I need it to download a program called Multism....
  8. Monitor Usable Space is Too Large for Screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor Usable Space is Too Large for Screen: Something happened about a month ago where the usable area of the screen is not all visible. For instance, when a desktop item is updated the icon for it will appear in the upper left corner of the screen...but only the right half will be visible. It appears that the monitor...
  9. Large space between icons on bottom toolbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Large space between icons on bottom toolbar: Instead of the icons being right next to each other on my bottom toolbar, there is about a one inch gap between them; anyway to get them to be right next to each other, the way they always have been? thanks! 7019
  10. No Free Space, OEM Partition too Large?

in Windows 10 Support
    No Free Space, OEM Partition too Large?: I recently did what I thought was a clean install of windows 10. I now have no room at all left on the laptop to install anything, I am down to 400mb of free space. I am not sure what the problem is. I thought a clean install would free up more space. Any suggestions? The...