Windows 10: bootcamp not showing anywhere stuck on windows

Discus and support bootcamp not showing anywhere stuck on windows in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; there should be a bootcamp icon in the notification but later this day when I opened my mac and booted in windows to play valorant-- theres no bootcamp... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PsycheWuz, Aug 17, 2020.

1. PsycheWuz Win User

bootcamp not showing anywhere stuck on windows

there should be a bootcamp icon in the notification but later this day when I opened my mac and booted in windows to play valorant-- theres no bootcamp icon and i cant go back to mac os

:)

PsycheWuz, Aug 17, 2020
  2. .mirage Win User

Bootcamp Windows 10 keeps showing ACPI_BIOS_ERROR.

Recently got bootcamp for Windows 10 on my Macbook Pro running Catalina 10.15. Bootcamp successfully installed and launched. Left it to idle for a bit and when I came back it had shut down my Macbook. Turning it back on I saw the Windows Logo, then the
    loading wheel suddenly stopped and then took me to a blue screen, showing the error code "ACPI_BIOS_ERROR". Then it restarted, with the same thing happening. I waited for several restarts, but the same thing happened each time. MacOS still runs fine, it's
    just the bootcamp Win10 that isn't working. Any suggestions?

.mirage, Aug 17, 2020
  3. Bootcamp Drivers install, windows 7

Alright I am still having an issue with installing Bootcamp.

First I solved the "boot camp x64 is unsupported"

1. Right click computer
    2. Select manage
    3. Select Local Users and Groups
    4. Select Users Folder
    5. Double click administrator
    6. Uncheck Account is disabled
    7. Apply
    8. Log off, then log on as Admin.

Now I have a new Issue with getting the following message during Boot Camp install

"A system restart is pending. Complete the restart and then retry this installation."

Solution : http://pc-mac-linux.blogspot.com/2008/11/restart-pending-with-bootcamp-drivers.html

My only problem is after I follow the steps in that solution, which involve :
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager and delete or rename the PendingFileRenameOperations

In Regedit I go to that specific address and this value date is always coming back into the PendingFileNameOperations registery file:

Value Data: \??\C:\Windows\NV37603704.TMP\nvsvc.ini

Everytime I start bootcamp I have to install a nvidia driver off the start, usually there are always restarts with nvidia drivers, could this be why it always says there is a pending restart?

If i could figure out why that Value data keeps coming back, i can fix it and finally install the bootcamp drivers.

Thanks guys

Edit: I have confirmed that it must be the bootcamp installation itself that is causing the Value data, I have deleted the value in the reg file, restarted, checked the registery, no PendingFileNameOperations, then i tried installing Bootcamp64 again, Nvidia installed a driver, then it went back to boot camp, then The restart is pending message came back. So I checked the registery again, and the Value data is back. How do I fix this when bootcamp itself is causing it?

Noobcomputermaker, Aug 17, 2020
  4. Kantastic Win User

Bootcamp Partition Size

Hi folks, I'm trying to install Windows via Bootcamp on my Mac Mini, but run into a problem where I can't seem to divide the space equally between two partitions. 77GB is as much as I can partition for Bootcamp, which is odd since I have so much free space. I've attached a screenshot to show the issue. I've tried Googling but can't seem to find a solution. Any help is appreciated!

*91788-3d9d16629ca1abb04204d15dd58fbc2e.jpg*

Kantastic, Aug 17, 2020
Thema:

1. bootcamp not showing anywhere stuck on windows - Similar Threads - bootcamp showing anywhere

2. HDD Caddy not showing anywhere in windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDD Caddy not showing anywhere in windows 10: I bought a laptop with only HDD in it. Since it is slow I replaced HDD with SSD and DVD disk with HDD in a caddy. Now my PC isn't detecting HDD in it. Previous it disappeared if I restart 2-3 times it showed again. Now it is not showing at all....
  3. HDD Caddy not showing anywhere in windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDD Caddy not showing anywhere in windows 10: I bought a laptop with only HDD in it. Since it is slow I replaced HDD with SSD and DVD disk with HDD in a caddy. Now my PC isn't detecting HDD in it. Previous it disappeared if I restart 2-3 times it showed again. Now it is not showing at all....
  4. HDD Caddy not showing anywhere in windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Bluetooth not showing up anywhere

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth not showing up anywhere: I googled and tried a lot of different things, I even found an old post with someone having a similar issue. I tried what someone recommended for that person to try. Basically, I used to play PES with my cousin using my ps4 controllers, today I try to do that and I noticed...
  6. MICROPHONE Won't show up anywhere

MICROPHONE Won't show up anywhere: About a week ago my microphone stopped showing up anywhere, I checked all cables multiple times and nothing was loose. I also just got this microphone 2 months ago. I thought I had messed up settings or downloaded some weird USB software so I used a restore point from that 10...
  7. Headset not showing up anywhere.

Headset not showing up anywhere.: I have recently bought a new headset and connected it in to the headphone + microphone jacks, but it doesn't show up as a device. It doesn't show up as a disabled device either, it is nowhere to be found. It still plays sound, it's just that the microphone doesn't show up...
  8. Headphones not showing anywhere

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Headphones not showing anywhere: I connected my headphones, they are working like the audio is fine but its not showing anywhere, not in the device manager nor in discord or anything. Why is that? i want to record my voice but it's not showing in other audio softwares too like audacity submitted by...
  9. HardDrive not showing up anywhere

HardDrive not showing up anywhere: I just installed windows onto my new ssd but my harddrive doesnt show up anywhere. ive checked the BIOS its not there and ive checked the Disc Management and its still not there please help asap...
  10. Bootcamp Windows 10 keeps showing ACPI_BIOS_ERROR.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bootcamp Windows 10 keeps showing ACPI_BIOS_ERROR.: Recently got bootcamp for Windows 10 on my Macbook Pro running Catalina 10.15. Bootcamp successfully installed and launched. Left it to idle for a bit and when I came back it had shut down my Macbook. Turning it back on I saw the Windows Logo, then the loading wheel suddenly...