Windows 10: Bootcamp Windows 10 Activation a mess.

Discus and support Bootcamp Windows 10 Activation a mess. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I've got a Mac Mini with a 1TB hdd with Yosemite and Windows 10 activated. Anyway the HDD was slowing down quite a bit, a common Mac problem so I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by BillyBob, Sep 7, 2015.

1. BillyBob Win User

Bootcamp Windows 10 Activation a mess.

I've got a Mac Mini with a 1TB hdd with Yosemite and Windows 10 activated. Anyway the HDD was slowing down quite a bit, a common Mac problem so I thought why not get a new SSD to speed things up a bit.
    So I installed the new SSD, downloaded Yosemite and Windows 10 ISO to install in Boot camp via a USB installer. Yosemite installed just fine, a few probs with Windows 10 but eventually it too was a nice clean install. My machine was running like a Jet, so it should it's a CoreI7 with 8GB ram and a new SSD.

Booted into Windows 10 the next morning I noticed a water mark on the screen to Activate Windows 10, so I did, but I thought it was all automatic. So they sent me a code and it activated, a few hours later, unactivated. I thought blow this I'll ring Microsoft, what a 40 minute nightmare (gotta love those Indians), was told all I have to do is buy a new Key, I yelled a little, I told him it was activated, so it should have activated on the new HDD, he told me it was illegal to dual boot on the Mac, I yelled again.
    He asked for my key for Windows 8 which I gave him and knew it wouldn't work, which it didn't. In the end and after much pain I just gave up.
    So for now I've put the old HDD back in, and it's activated, when I get my strength back, I'll ring up MS again and try to get this sorted.
    Anybody got any clues, I tried putting a backup of Windows 10 on the new HDD, it just crashed, that's why I'm back on the old HDD.

Oh, I've now extracted the Windows 10 key on my old HDD, should that work on the new HDD, I've got no idea, I thought it was all done through servers.

Update, called Microsoft again, looks like they don't support Windows 10 at all on Bootcamp, it's free for a year, after that I have to pay. So it's back to Windows 8.1 on the Mac or just Yosemite, might just go OSX, thanks Microsoft.

:)

BillyBob, Sep 7, 2015
  2. kapitaen Win User

win 10 dual boot option for bootcamp and virtual machine, how?

Hi all,

there is a problem with Windows 10 running on Macintosh both under bootcamp and virtual machine.

I already have asked in the vmware, parallels, apple, and microsoft forums but no solution till now.

The problem:

I, and many many others, have a Apple Macintosh, and a installed Win 7 running under bootcamp. When i try to update to win 10 via gwx / media creation tool, the update itself works without problem, after the upgrade process i have
    a working and activated Windows 10 running under bootcamp. So far, everything is well.

But ... there are some circumstances when i must run the same Windows 10 under a virtual machine, either vmware fusion or parallels. Then this Windows 10 installation tells me under the virtual machine that it is not activated and
    must be activated again.

Back to bootcamp the Win 10 again tells it is activated.

Trying to activate this win 10 under virtual machine fails, i get Fehlercode: 0xC004C003 (cannot be activated because activation server has detected the product key is locked). Once i had to re-activate under bootcamp. This has worked.

Looking into the forums of vmware, parallels, apple, only a few users tell that they have win 10 activated both for bootcamp and virtual machine, but most of them say nope, only for one of them.

One Apple service technician told me that win 10 must first be activated under bootcamp, then under virtual machine to get success. But nope, bootcamp will be activated automatically by gwx so there is no chance to make a "first manuall activation" under
    bootcamp.

A clear and reliable how-to is missing, which version of win 10 must be present (gwx or retail, or ??), what must be done after installing to get a reliable dual boot both for bootcamp and virtual machine.

So pleaaase microsoft, what must be done to install Windows 10 under bootcamp, so that it can be activated both for bootcamp and virtual machine?

My windows 7 is running perfectly both under bootcamp and virtual.

greetings from germany

Christian Stüben

kapitaen, Sep 7, 2015
  3. I cannot activate Windows 10 on VM.

I bought Windows 10 [FPP] and Office 2016 [FPP]. I installed both on my Mac with Bootcamp. They can activate. But I installed them on Parallels Desktop 10 (as Bootcamp), I cannot activated both of them. How can I activate Windows and Office on VM?

Nuttaphong, Sep 7, 2015
Thema:

Bootcamp Windows 10 Activation a mess.

1. Bootcamp Windows 10 Activation a mess. - Similar Threads - Bootcamp Activation mess

2. Activating Windows 10 with Bootcamp and Valid Product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activating Windows 10 with Bootcamp and Valid Product key: I'm trying to activate windows 10 on bootcamp with a valid windows key, and every time I try it fails. I've used this key for a long time now and Microsoft will mot validate my machine...No matter which way I go, I can't activate. Even though I know the keys are all...
  3. Activating Windows 10 with Bootcamp and Valid Product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activating Windows 10 with Bootcamp and Valid Product key: I'm trying to activate windows 10 on bootcamp with a valid windows key, and every time I try it fails. I've used this key for a long time now and Microsoft will mot validate my machine...No matter which way I go, I can't activate. Even though I know the keys are all...
  4. Activating Windows 10 with Bootcamp and Valid Product key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Activating Windows 10 after installing bootcamp

Activating Windows 10 after installing bootcamp: I've installed bootcamp for Macbook Air if you are not familiar it's a program that allows Macbook users to go onto Windows made by Apple, but it now says I need an activation code, when I have none. What should I do?...
  6. Windows 10 version of Bootcamp?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 version of Bootcamp?: I can't find any proper info about how to do this... I want to be able to choose which OS to startup on when i turn on my pc submitted by /u/MaxPayne4life [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kdp0v0/windows_10_version_of_bootcamp/
  7. Windows 10 bootcamp activation

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 bootcamp activation: I used boot camp to make my mac run windows but I cannot change any settings as it is not activated. does anyone know how to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-bootcamp-activation/f429e425-1cea-4efe-a46d-20ebe875d526
  8. Windows Activation on Macbook Pro Bootcamp

Windows Activation on Macbook Pro Bootcamp: I previously have the Windows 10 activated on Parallels Desktop. Now, I want to switch to Bootcamp. However, it prevents me from switch the license even with the hardware change option. Any idea? [ATTACH]...
  9. Using Windows 7 key to activate bootcamped windows 10?

Using Windows 7 key to activate bootcamped windows 10?: Hello TenForums! I have recently decided to BootCamp Windows 10 using my Macbook Pro 2015 which is also running El Capitan. I'm bootcamping because I'm currently out of town and want to preload Fallout 4 onto my External before I get back. Because Windows 10 is free for...
  10. Windows 10 on bootcamp

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 on bootcamp: I have recently installed a newly bought version of Windows 10 pro onto my Macbook Pro using bootcamp. Everything is working fine and I am very impressed with the speed of the system, however looking at disk cleanup it says I have an old windows file containing 16 gb, my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 media creation tool activate bootcamp

2. bootcamp activate windows 10