Windows 10: BootDevice Not Found - Hard Drive 3F0

Discus and support BootDevice Not Found - Hard Drive 3F0 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi all, I get BootDevice Not Found - Hard Drive 3F0 when I try to boot my laptop. HP ProBook 450 G4, Windows 10 Professional I have tried all the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Dimi_, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Dimi_ Win User

BootDevice Not Found - Hard Drive 3F0

Hi all,

I get BootDevice Not Found - Hard Drive 3F0 when I try to boot my laptop.

HP ProBook 450 G4, Windows 10 Professional

I have tried all the recommended steps for such an error but in vain.

I have tried with all sorts of settings in UEFI secure boot - disabled, fast boot - disabled, legacy - enabled.... Nothing.

The most annoying thing is that when I try to boot from the Windows Repair USB it just loads the HP logo for a while and then nothing. A black screen. On the other hand when I boot with Ubuntu LiveCD, it does boot and the ssd is visible in the disks application of Ubuntu. Though I can not mount it because i guess - bitlocker.

The hard drive diagnostics show that test is not passed unless I trigger them myself with F2.

Also the ssd is not visible in boot order F9 unless I restart after booting with Ubuntu.

Any ideas?

Dimi

:)

Dimi_, Sep 14, 2020
  2. mramzan86 Win User

Hard Disk (3F0)

Hello, I am using the Hp laptop and getting this error message.

"Please install an operating system on your hard disk. Hard Disk (3F0)"

I have checked the hard disk it by attaching the hard disk as a USB with another computer, I properly show the files.

Please help me out.

Regards

mramzan86, Sep 14, 2020
  3. Antiedman Win User
    3f0 no OS found Error HP. Sometimes can boot into drive!

Please read all for full sequence of events and diagnostics. Placed from mobile smartphone.

Computer: HP Pavilion 24-xa0020, Black - 4NM45AA#ABA
    Keyboard Wireless only

What has been completed:

previous- Power outage caused 3FO.
    HP diagnostics No harddrive found??Removed Wireless radio USB dongal. Fixed
    Computer boot.

Current--
    May 1st, 2020: 3F0 error occurred after hard power button shutdown.
    Steps taken.
    1. Removed dongles- No Fix (boot to OS hdd=No, 3f0 error repeated.)
    2. Entered Bios, reset to default- No Fix (Boot to OS HDD= No, 3f0 error screen repeated.)
    3. Inserted official Windows 10 media tool USB flash memory stick No fix( Boot to USB =yes, Basic diagnostic= No HDD Found)
    4. Reentered Bios rest To default, no fix (Boot to OS HDD= No, 3f0 error screen repeated)
    5. Turned off computer disconected external power supply cable pulg, Came home from work (9 hours 45 minutes), Reconnected same power supply. Fixed yes (Boot to OS HDD = Yes OS operational)

Entered Windows Restart. Computer restarted.

Entered Windows shutdown. Computer Shows HP 3f0 error screen!

Repeated step 5 from above! Computer fixed boot to OS!

Scared to shutdown computer please help!

Currently have a 3f0!

- - - Updated - - -

Oh God I may never BE ABLE TO shut down my computer HELP!

Antiedman, Sep 14, 2020
  4. BootDevice Not Found - Hard Drive 3F0

Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Sep 14, 2020
Thema:

BootDevice Not Found - Hard Drive 3F0

1. BootDevice Not Found - Hard Drive 3F0 - Similar Threads - BootDevice Found Hard

2. BootDevice not Found error 3F0

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BootDevice not Found error 3F0: Ever since I switched to Windows 11 I had this error pop up from time to time. Sometimes it goes away after a few restarts, sometimes it stays longer like this, I have not yet figured out a pattern on how to get it working again. After I played around with Symptoms Test, when...
  3. BootDevice not Found error 3F0

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BootDevice not Found error 3F0: Ever since I switched to Windows 11 I had this error pop up from time to time. Sometimes it goes away after a few restarts, sometimes it stays longer like this, I have not yet figured out a pattern on how to get it working again. After I played around with Symptoms Test, when...
  4. Hard disk 3F0

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hard disk 3F0: So i just got my pc's hard drive changed to ssd. I got it changed a month ago but this happened just now. When i turned it off and turned it back on it suddenly showed this. Then it disappeared and this followed....
  5. Hard disk 3F0

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard disk 3F0: So i just got my pc's hard drive changed to ssd. I got it changed a month ago but this happened just now. When i turned it off and turned it back on it suddenly showed this. Then it disappeared and this followed....
  6. Hard disk 3F0

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Kindly help me with this. Boot Device not found Hard Disk 3F0

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Kindly help me with this. Boot Device not found Hard Disk 3F0: Everything thing was working fine but when I unknowingly selected the F9 Setup Defaults from the boot options in BIOS given belowAnd now it is showing this given below and I'm unable to fix it.Details of the PC:Please help me with this I've precious data in my PC....
  8. Boot Device not found 3F0

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Boot Device not found 3F0: Hello, I have recently upgraded the hard drive in my laptop and when turning it on I was shown a screen saying “Boot Device Not Found”. I then proceeded to open BIOS and put “boot off flash drive” in top of the uefi boot order. I inserted my flash drive with windows 10 into...
  9. 3F0 Boot Device Not Found

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    3F0 Boot Device Not Found: [ATTACH] Hello, on January 8th, 2020, my sister's HP computer stopped working, showing this boot error. Sometimes it would let her use her computer, before bluescreening and showing a flash of this screen. To fix it, we went to Best Buy's Geek Squad 3 times in a row, all of...
  10. BootDevice Not Found?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BootDevice Not Found?: What am I supposed to do here? It's a black screen with this text. [ATTACH] BootDevice Not Found?