Windows 10: Booted into safe mode, and forgot password

Discus and support Booted into safe mode, and forgot password in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I am a total dumbass. Somehow i forgot my ms password, and i booted into windows safe mode on MINIMAL. Am i fucked, or is there something i can do?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/outcastedsushiboi, Apr 18, 2020.

1. Booted into safe mode, and forgot password

I am a total dumbass. Somehow i forgot my ms password, and i booted into windows safe mode on MINIMAL. Am i fucked, or is there something i can do? Does ethernet work to change passwords? I know my older password, i shift clicked restart, went to cmd, and put my older password in, (i have access to cmd) i got it right, but it doesnt work in the login screen.

Also, i did system restore (which might have fucked me, but i spammed escape so maybe not?) startup repair, etc.

submitted by /u/outcastedsushiboi
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/outcastedsushiboi, Apr 18, 2020

2. forgot password for account!!!!

You need to boot into Safe Mode. Do this by mashing F8 when the computer is starting, right before Windows loads, until you see a bunch of options. Select "Safe Mode". It'll boot into Safe Mode, and bring you to the login screen. At the login screen, go in as "Administrator", and from there go to the control panel. In the control panel, open "users", select the account you forgot the password of, and click "remove password". Restart the computer and all will be well *Smile Booted into safe mode, and forgot password :).

zekrahminator, Apr 18, 2020
  3. Forgot password....

did u try booting from safe mode. i think windows dont ask for a password when u enter to safe mode

LittleLizard, Apr 18, 2020
  4. Booted into safe mode, and forgot password

Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you. I will be glad to assist you with your issue.

Follow the below steps and check if it helps. 

If you see the black screen or have a flickering screen:

Step 1: Try connecting to different video outputs on the PC. Sometimes a change in driver can cause the video to be sent:

• To a different Adapter: from integrated graphics to a discrete card or vice versa.
      • To a different output: from HDMI to DVI, Display Port to VGA, or any other combination.
    Step 2: Try to boot into Safe Mode with Networking
    or Enable low-resolution video.

• Advanced boot options, Safe Mode with Networking, or Low Resolution Video
      • Check Device Manager and look for Display Adapters
        • If you see 2 items under Display Adapters, disable to integrated video card (e.g. Intel HD 4000 or AMD Radeon HD 4200) and restart. (try vice versa if it does not work).
        • If you see 1 item under Display Adapters, rollback the driver or uninstall the display adapter in Device Manager, and enable the option to delete driver software.
    How to boot into Safe mode.

Run your computer in Safe mode and see if you still get that error message. If you are not getting that error message in safe mode then perform clean boot on your computer using the steps provided below. If you
    don't get that error message in safe mode then it means that some third party application is causing the problem.

To use a Safe Boot option, follow these steps:

• Restart your computer and start pressing the F8 key on your keyboard. On a computer that is configured for booting to multiple operating systems, you can press the
      F8 key when the Boot Menu appears.
    • Select an option Safe mode with Networking using the arrow keys on the keyboard when the
      Windows Advanced Options menu appears, select Safe mode with Networking and then press
      ENTER.

I would suggest you to force shutdown your system and then try to restart it again and check if you are able to login to safe boot.

Check the PC or display adapter manufacturer’s site for an updated driver.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank You.  

Sangeeta Sarkar, Apr 18, 2020
Thema:

Booted into safe mode, and forgot password

1. Booted into safe mode, and forgot password - Similar Threads - Booted safe mode

2. Stuck in Safe Mode and Forgot Password

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck in Safe Mode and Forgot Password: Please help me, I'm stuck in Safe Mode and i dont know my account password, i cannot access command prompt because it requires password to the account submitted by /u/wanekaze [link] [comments]...
  3. Windows in safe mode but forgot admin password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows in safe mode but forgot admin password: Hi, As my system troubleshooting, I suppose to boot my Windows 10 in Safemode through msconfig, but my Admin password to log in is not accepting. Even I change new password to my account but windows in safe mode it's not updated. How to resolve the issue....
  4. Stuck at safe mode, forgot my password.

Stuck at safe mode, forgot my password.: So I logged on to safe mode just to delete this chinese file, in order to do this, I need to enter my email account's password. I entered my password and it doesn't work. I entered the password at a different device and it works. But now when I want to go back to normal mode,...
  5. Forgot password when booting into safe mode

Forgot password when booting into safe mode: I’m not going to tell you how it happened because then you will laugh and I cry. Title is explaining the situation. I have no internet, which means that my password is not changing when I changed it on my phone. HELP PLEASE SOMEONE. I WILL LOVE YOU. I WILL WORSHIP YOU. TILL...
  6. In Safe Mode, forgot Admin password.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    In Safe Mode, forgot Admin password.: Hello, I had to restart my computer to Safe mode. Unfortunately, i forgot my password. However, from what ive read, I might still have hope because I think my account is tied to my Microsoft account because when I enter Safe Mode with Command Prompt i see my account name and...
  7. Stuck in safe mode, forgot password.

Stuck in safe mode, forgot password.: I wanted to uninstall some applications that were not getting uninstalled normally so I thought of doing it from safe mode. Only problem, I've been logging in using my PIN and have forgotten my password. And safe mode won't let me in without your password. Tried getting...
  8. Changed password forgot it and Started safe mode

Changed password forgot it and Started safe mode: Good day to who it my concern! Pls sorry on my english, hope will write all understandable. Few time ago I added t****datelly recognised my product key fr**** was ok. Opened new Microsoft account for this PC, installed all updates and PC was working just fine. After few...
  9. Win 10 safe mode but forgot password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Win 10 safe mode but forgot password: I am stuck at the opening window of Safe Mode (windows 10) and I forgot my password. I used another device to create a new password but none is accepted by my machine? What can I do to recover the password at Safe Mode? Thank you!...
  10. stuck in safe mode login forgot password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    stuck in safe mode login forgot password: by mistake I pressed F8 which open my laptop on safe mode. I can't remember my password because I use pin to log in. The user account I use is a Microsoft Account, and it's an administrator account, I only have one user account on that laptop. i try to change my password but...