Windows 10: Booted into safe mode, but now win10 login screen doesn't recognise passwords (No internet)...

Discus and support Booted into safe mode, but now win10 login screen doesn't recognise passwords (No internet)... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Been stuck in a safe boot loop since last night after tweaking msconfig to boot into safe mode for uninstalling GPU drivers w DDU. Now it's asking for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/GeneEshays, Jul 1, 2020.

1. Booted into safe mode, but now win10 login screen doesn't recognise passwords (No internet)...

Been stuck in a safe boot loop since last night after tweaking msconfig to boot into safe mode for uninstalling GPU drivers w DDU. Now it's asking for my Microsoft "password", but won't recognise it, despite how many times i change it, and can't go back to pin login or even reformat.

I downloaded a win10 recovery ISO onto my android, but then discovered I needed to root my phone to use the iso utility. Having a lot of anxiety w my options running out, please help

submitted by /u/GeneEshays
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/GeneEshays, Jul 1, 2020

2. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jul 1, 2020
  3. Roohi_Taj Win User
    Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi Pedro E Cordeiro,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below questions:

• Are you aware of any changes happened on the computer prior to internet issue started?
    • Are you referring to PIN password or Microsoft account password?

I understand the inconvenience caused due to this issue, this could be due to a change in the keyboard layout. However, I suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned below:

Method 1: Change the keyboard layout.

1. In the bottom right corner of the sign in screen, select the first option to change the keyboard layout.
    2. Try to change the keyboard layout from the list if you have any and type in the password.

Method 2: Use the On screen keyboard.

1. Restart the computer. In the sign in screen, hold down the shift key and select restart from bottom right corner of your screen.
    2. After the pc is restarted, select Troubleshoot > Select
      Advanced options >Click on Startup settings >
      Now, click on Restart.
    3. After your PC restarts, you should see number of options. Press F5 for
      Safe Mode with networking.
    4. When you are in login screen, press Windows
      and U together on the keyboard
      and select the On-Screen Keyboard from the
      Ease of Access list or click on
      Ease of Access at bottom right and select
      On-Screen Keyboard from the list.
    5. Now, use the cursor to type the password with On-screen keyboard.
    6. Before clicking the login, press the eye symbol
      (I.e. Reveal Password) option in the password field, to see the password is correct.

After you login to safe mode with networking, I would suggest you to follow the steps provided in the Microsoft article on
    Fix network connection issues in Windows.
    Let us know the results to assist you further regarding this issue.

Hope it helps.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Jul 1, 2020
  4. Booted into safe mode, but now win10 login screen doesn't recognise passwords (No internet)...

Window 10 unable to login with normal and safe mode with correct password

Hi Team,

Today i stuck to login on windows 10 with correct password, i follow same on safe mode but it does not work.

I tried with safe mode with Network but no luck.. Below steps i followed for safe mode...

Troubleshoot> Advanced Options> Startup Settings> Restart>Safe Mode with Networking.O

Here i re-enter the password and it doesn't work.

Please suggest...

RohitPanchalPanchal, Jul 1, 2020
Thema:

Booted into safe mode, but now win10 login screen doesn't recognise passwords (No internet)...

1. Booted into safe mode, but now win10 login screen doesn't recognise passwords (No internet)... - Similar Threads - Booted safe mode

2. Blue screen on boot, and safe mode doesn't work!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screen on boot, and safe mode doesn't work!: Hey i'm here to describe an issue that has been keeping me from using my computer Around 1 month ago my pc was acting sluggish, I just performed a few tweaks beforehand so I decided to just revert to a recent restore point like I usually do, since it's the only thing that...
  3. Safe mode password not recognised

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Safe mode password not recognised: Ive read on numerous threads about this problem but no solution. Im stuck in a safe mode loop with my password not recognised. Ive tried all of the 'shift restart' solutions. Using ethernet cables. Used all possible passwords Created a new password. Nothing os...
  4. Login not recognised in safe mode.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Login not recognised in safe mode.: Was trying to use DDU to remove old GPU drivers, used MSConfig to restart in safe mode. Restarted, entered password (The one that I use everyday on this machine.) Windows 10 says password not recognised and goes no further. Now how the hell do I bypass either safe mode or...
  5. Stuck in Windows safe mode login screen, forgot my password, no Internet.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Stuck in Windows safe mode login screen, forgot my password, no Internet.: I was having trouble installing an application and figured I would be able to install without hassle in safe mode. I booted into safe mode from the system configuration options, and when it booted up, it showed a password bar. I haven't used a password in years as i set my...
  6. Incorrect password for win10 safe mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Incorrect password for win10 safe mode: Guys, I would like to reboot to the safe mode with minimum guide. And when the password is requied on the login page of safe mode, it just keeps saying every password i try is incorrrct. I've tried microsoft account password, old ms account password and even the PIN, nothing...
  7. Password doesn't work on Safe Mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password doesn't work on Safe Mode: I went into safe mode to do a checkup, and my Microsoft account password doesn't work, my computer is locked, I have entered my password, the same I use to open my mail, and it's just not working. I'm desperate....
  8. Win10 Booted in Safe Mode - Mouse doesn't work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win10 Booted in Safe Mode - Mouse doesn't work: I have a problem. Two problems to be exact, but the most pressing being that my mouse doesn't work. It is stuck in the middle of the screen, and the cursor is invisible. The original problem I had, prior to developing this new mouse problem, was the start menu. Neither the...
  9. Login screen not appearing and safe mode doesn't work

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Login screen not appearing and safe mode doesn't work: Yesterday my laptop start up really slowly and i tried to disable all services through msconfig then restart it, the problem appear here. I cant login because login screen not appearing i tried to safe mode with Shift + restart, Shift F8 and F8 but doesnt work. I hope you...
  10. Login screen doesn't load, can't get computer to boot in safe mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Login screen doesn't load, can't get computer to boot in safe mode: Hello all, This morning when I booted up my HP Pavilion, my taskbar, windows button, Cortana, etc wouldn't respond. This has happened periodically since upgrading to Windows 10, but it hast happened for a while. The way I used to fix it was to open the system configuration...