Windows 10: Booted my windows 10 laptop in safe mode & password doesn't work in safe mode

Discus and support Booted my windows 10 laptop in safe mode & password doesn't work in safe mode in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi set my laptop to safe mode with msconfig & restarted now it wont accept.my password in safe.mode is there a way to reset my password?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by stevehetherington1, Jul 27, 2019.

1. Booted my windows 10 laptop in safe mode & password doesn't work in safe mode

Hi set my laptop to safe mode with msconfig & restarted now it wont accept.my password in safe.mode is there a way to reset my password?

:)

stevehetherington1, Jul 27, 2019
  2. psyko12 Win User

Safe mode problems

1st of all sorry for late reply, was busy with work and was not able to read here, uhmm

@Dippsy - It's already disabled, when I get to the point where I log on to my computer under safe mode, it then reboots.

@Darknova - I meant to the place where I log on to the computer at safe mode, and then it reboots...

It reboots after or before I could even type my user password.

BUT NORMAL BOOT WORKS, NOT SAFE MODE *Frown Booted my windows 10 laptop in safe mode & password doesn't work in safe mode :(

psyko12, Jul 27, 2019
  3. Password not working in safe mode, windows 10

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things:

• What happens exactly when you enter the password?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    • How have you booted your computer into safe mode?
    • Are you using local or Microsoft account to login?

I suggest you to force restart your computer and check whether you can get back your computer to normal mode.

You may follow the steps from the below article to place the computer in safe mode and check if it helps.

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jul 27, 2019
  4. Booted my windows 10 laptop in safe mode & password doesn't work in safe mode

Can't boot into Normal/Safe Mode with Networking, only safe mode...

Good Evening,
    I could do with some pointers on resolving an issue. I can only boot into windows in safe mode in Windows 10. Normal mode and safe mode with networking doesn't work. The problem occurred after a windows update. I have removed the latest updates that were installed and cleared any pending ones but it still won't boot properly. I have also run the troubleshooter and tried to recovery to an earlier date which also doesn't work.
    The laptop is a HP ENVY 17 notebook. At boot it just gets to the HP logo with the circular loading icon and no further and can only boot it into safe mode. Can anyone recommend the next steps? I have also tried the following;

• stopping startup items
    • uninstalling hardware drivers
    • removing recent software
    • running troubleshooters at boot
    • sfc scan
    • diagnostic/selective startups with minimal services running
    Would the fact that I cant boot into Safe Mode with Networking imply its a network driver related issue?
    Bit of a dead end really, any help would be much appreciated
    Kind regards
    Trevor

trevstonbury, Jul 27, 2019
Thema:

Booted my windows 10 laptop in safe mode & password doesn't work in safe mode

1. Booted my windows 10 laptop in safe mode & password doesn't work in safe mode - Similar Threads - Booted laptop safe

2. Windows 10 will boot in safe mode but not safe mode with networking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 will boot in safe mode but not safe mode with networking: Have a PC which won’t boot into windows 10. Was working until recently. It hangs on the windows loading screen.I can reboot into safe mode fine but I want to save files to usb as a backup. Many are one OneDrive so won’t allow me to do this. If I boot into safe mode with...
  3. Windows 10 will boot in safe mode but not safe mode with networking

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 will boot in safe mode but not safe mode with networking: Have a PC which won’t boot into windows 10. Was working until recently. It hangs on the windows loading screen.I can reboot into safe mode fine but I want to save files to usb as a backup. Many are one OneDrive so won’t allow me to do this. If I boot into safe mode with...
  4. Windows 10 will boot in safe mode but not safe mode with networking

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Password Not Working in Safe Mode Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Password Not Working in Safe Mode Windows 10: Today I installed some software that changed some cosmetic settings in Windows like colors, taskbar look, etc. and it was working fine for a while, but when I wanted to uninstall it, the program bugged out my taskbar and start menu. I wasn't sure what to do as there was...
  6. Windows password not working in safe mode

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows password not working in safe mode: When I try booting into safe mode I try logging in from the lock screen my password doesn't work and I'm worried when I tried leaving safe mode by doing shift restart then going to command prompt it asks me for a password and when I...
  7. Boot in safe mode not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Boot in safe mode not working: I just tried to upgrade my newly built pc to the latest version on windows in order to install some drivers. However, when it finished, my user profile was corrupted and i was unable to log in. Going off of online tutorials to solve this, they all say to boot in safe mode....
  8. Safe Mode Password Not Working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Safe Mode Password Not Working: I entered safe mode and all of a sudden password doesn't work anymore. Its been the same password. I have a wired connection. Why cant I sign in. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/safe-mode-password-not-working/8f60631f-77d1-460b-8eda-8f95cc2222c8
  9. password not working in safe mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    password not working in safe mode: i wanted to use safeboot to uninstall avast just for general knowlege. i tried to do safe mode with networking and it didnt work i didnt have internet, i tired it wired and wireless (cuase im using a laptop) the password changing software cost 50 bucks sorry microsoft but...
  10. Password doesn't work on Safe Mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password doesn't work on Safe Mode: I went into safe mode to do a checkup, and my Microsoft account password doesn't work, my computer is locked, I have entered my password, the same I use to open my mail, and it's just not working. I'm desperate....