Windows 10: Booted windows onto a 1 TB External harddrive with important information.

Discus and support Booted windows onto a 1 TB External harddrive with important information. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Managed to recover the information well however my 1 TB HD is now 32 GB due to it being a drive. Is there a way for me to revert this back to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/-Reuben, Dec 1, 2019.

1. Booted windows onto a 1 TB External harddrive with important information.

Managed to recover the information well however my 1 TB HD is now 32 GB due to it being a drive. Is there a way for me to revert this back to the original state? Don't care if I delete windows from it, just want the original back with 1 TB space

submitted by /u/-Reuben
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/-Reuben, Dec 1, 2019

2. booting to an external harddrive.

For years I’ve used Clonezilla on external drives to create and manipulate drive image backups like this: First, using Gparted I make two partitions on an external drive, first partition 300MB fat32 for Clonezilla live boot, and the balance ntsf partition
    to store the images. Next I use Tuxboot to install Clonezilla onto the fat32 partition. Then I restart the pc and boot to the Clonezilla partition and make a drive image of whatever other drive and store it on the ntsf partition; or I restore an image from
    the ntsf partition to whatever drive. I regularly do this on various Windows pcs - XP, Vista, Win7, Win8, win8.1 Win10. I bought a WD My Passport 2 TB drive and everything goes OK but it will not boot to Clonezilla connected to any usb on any pc as my
    other external drives faithfully do. The only response is that no os was found. I’ve reformatted and reinstalled various Clonezilla versions. I ran WD diagnostics. I’ve used different cables.

So how do I solve this?

Moved From:

I am Equal, Dec 1, 2019
  3. Is windows 10 compatable with the 1 tb external hard drive?

I can not get windows 10 to back up on a 1 tb iomega external hard drive. It gives the message that it need updated files.

Where can I find them?

windows 10 user 1, Dec 1, 2019
  4. Booted windows onto a 1 TB External harddrive with important information.

dual boot 2 separate harddrives in laptop with windows 10

I have a dell laptop with an SSD 128 GB harddrive with Windows 10 on that one and a 1 TB drive that is separate from the windows installation. I partitioned 100 GB on the separate disk for Kali Linux and installed it. When I boot it up in order for it to
    not go directly to Linux unless I press the F12 key then I can choose the SSD drive and it boots into windows 10. If I take the laptop out of Legacy mode to UFEI mode then it boots to windows boot loader and asks me 3 different systems, Windows 8.1, one with
    nothing listed and Windows 10. I'm sure that the 8.1 listing just needs a program to remove the old system boot record as I know that its hard to get rid of old systems even though the operating system is gone. Can someone come up with a solution for the booting
    problem and also how to link the rest of my 1 TB drive to the SSD drive so my Windows 10 has more room for files and folders as the SSD drive is getting full. I know this is a lot of questions but if someone could help it would make life a lot easier.

Thanks,

Jamie

Jamie LeeRask, Dec 1, 2019
Thema:

Booted windows onto a 1 TB External harddrive with important information.

1. Booted windows onto a 1 TB External harddrive with important information. - Similar Threads - Booted onto External

2. External Harddrive is locked

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External Harddrive is locked: Hi Team, I have an external hardrive which is currently locked and inaccessible. I do not have the password or the recovery key saved with me. Tried looking for the recovery key but couldn't get it as I am using a new laptop now, since the old one laptop has been...
  3. External harddrive connection

External harddrive connection: I have connected my 4tb external hard drive to my laptop, but it does not appear in "this pc". It is connected and working, but I can't access it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-harddrive-connection/90bbad1b-3610-4b99-a879-6aae1350a4be
  4. "Not enough space on Documents" to transfer files onto a 1 tb external drive or even to Videos

"Not enough space on Documents" to transfer files onto a 1 tb external drive or even to Videos: Hi, So when I try to move some video files onto an external hard drive 1 tb from a folder in Documents, I could move five of the sub-folders within the main folder in Documents. The layout is as follows: Documents > Class Lectures > Lecture 1...
  5. DiskPart formatting 1 TB external drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DiskPart formatting 1 TB external drive: Proper drive selected, partition created. Running DISKPART> FORMAT FS=NTFS LABEL=BACKUP It's been running for over three hours and still shows only 1% complete. It must be locked up, because I can't imagine that it would take several days to format a 1 TB drive. I'm...
  6. Windows updates erasing external harddrive

Windows updates erasing external harddrive: How do I stop Windows updates from erasing my external hard drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-updates-erasing-external-harddrive/33ce0317-1dba-4362-9b00-152db78a194a"
  7. External Harddrive Issues

External Harddrive Issues: I just purchased a new ASUS laptop. Im going from a Macbook pro to windows 10. My external hard drive has worked on a windows laptop i had years ago (an ASUS also) and on my macbook without issue. When i plug my external hard drive into my laptop it makes the sounds that I’ve...
  8. external harddrive

external harddrive: My computer recognizes the harddrive . States it is working properly but will not allow me to open it. What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-harddrive/0aba405c-3d6d-4a2d-afb4-771e92c416ed
  9. external harddrive

external harddrive: HI ALL I NEED DESPERATE HELP IM PANICKING I DID SOMETHING WITH MY EXTERNAL HDD I TOOK SHARING OFF BY MISTAKE AND ITS LIKE MY LIFE ON THE HDD IT SAYS H; NOT ACCESSIBLE AND ACCESS DENIED HOW DO I FX IT...
  10. FileHistory - external HardDrives

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    FileHistory - external HardDrives: I try to use FileHistory to backup my files - photos. File History is set to external 3T HD As Back up folders I selected entire internal separate HD (Pictures(H:) H:\) Also all my personal files such as Documents etc are added to back up folders (default setting) I run...