Windows 10: Booting 64 bit windows 10 from 32 bit from USB

Discus and support Booting 64 bit windows 10 from 32 bit from USB in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi! So I'm having issues with booting my laptop from the USB that the 64 bit version is downloaded to. When I enter the recovery mode, it only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AliceGardiner1, Apr 2, 2020.

1. Booting 64 bit windows 10 from 32 bit from USB

Hi!

So I'm having issues with booting my laptop from the USB that the 64 bit version is downloaded to.

When I enter the recovery mode, it only gives me the option to continue, troubleshoot or turn off my PC

It is not giving me the option to boot the device from the USB so I can activate the 64 bit version of windows 10?

I currently have the 32 bit version downloaded on 64x processer and need the download the 64 bit so that I can access the space on my new RAM.

Can someone help me with this as I am tearing my hair out!

thank you

:)

AliceGardiner1, Apr 2, 2020

2. Windows 32 bits to 64 bits

Hi Kulbeer,

To upgrade from Windows 10 32-bit to Windows 10 64-bit, we suggest that you check and follow the steps/instructions provided by
    Andre Da Costa in his article.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Apr 2, 2020
  3. Ajay_01 Win User
    Windows 10 64 bit to 32 bit

Hi Colin,

Thank you, I have tried performing a clean install on my laptop however getting an error - winload.efi (Status: 0xc0000359 error).

I have searched on internet for this and have tried few things but still keep getting this error.

These are the steps I have performed:

1) Laptop came with pre-installed Windows 8.1 Home Single Language (64 bit); I have upgraded it to Windows 10 Home Single Edition (64-bit).

2) Downloaded the media creation tool - 64 bit from Download Windows 10

3) Successfully created a USB installation media from above and opted to install both 32-bit and 64 bit in USB.

When I try to boot from USB now using 32-bit architecture and try to install Windows I get an error right after it shows screen loading files (before the page to select language option)- Windows failed to start...

File: \Windows\System32\boot\winload.efi

Info: The application or operating system couldn't be loaded because a required file is missing or contains error.

I do not get above error if I choose 64-bit option to install Windows and able to see language selection page (cancelled the setup at this stage since I want to install 32-bit Windows).

Can you suggest if I am doing something wrong and how I can resolve above issue in order to install 32-bit Windows on my laptop.

I have got Toshiba Satellite Pro R50-B; i3 5th generation/ 4GB RAM in case system configuration is needed.

Any help on above would be appreciated.

Thanks

AJ

Ajay_01, Apr 2, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Booting 64 bit windows 10 from 32 bit from USB

Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit to 32-Bit?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• What is the name of the game?
    If the system architect is 32 bit, then you can’t install 64 bit version of windows in it. I suggest you to run “winver” by pressing Windows + R, and check the version and bit.

There are some games that you can install it in 32 bit as well.

Windows 10 is the free upgrade for those users who has genuine key for Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 , normally it doesn't require activation, it's gets activated automatically, in case if you face an issue with activation the you can get back to
    us.

For reference you can refer the link below and check if it helps (32 bit and 64 bit architect applies same to windows 10)

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/32-bit-and-64-bit-windows#1TC=windows-7

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Thanks and Regards.

Arun B J, Apr 2, 2020
Thema:

Booting 64 bit windows 10 from 32 bit from USB

1. Booting 64 bit windows 10 from 32 bit from USB - Similar Threads - Booting bit bit

2. Change from 64-bit to 32-bit

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Change from 64-bit to 32-bit: I bought a used computer with HDD, Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit, and I installed a new SSD, Windows 10 Pro, 32-bit needed for a machine I'm running. Now it says it's not activated. Did I change too many things at one time?...
  3. Change from 64-bit to 32-bit

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change from 64-bit to 32-bit: I bought a used computer with HDD, Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit, and I installed a new SSD, Windows 10 Pro, 32-bit needed for a machine I'm running. Now it says it's not activated. Did I change too many things at one time?...
  4. Change from 64-bit to 32-bit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Upgrading From 32-bit to 64-bit windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading From 32-bit to 64-bit windows: Is it a must to enter the product key when upgrading to 64-bit version of Windows 10 Pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrading-from-32-bit-to-64-bit-windows/3aef6608-b5e1-4869-97fa-c47b2ac6f557
  6. upgrade windows 10 from 32 bits to 64 bits

upgrade windows 10 from 32 bits to 64 bits: Hello I am using windows 10 with 32 bits i need to upgrade to 64 bits and the information of my computer is processor: IntelR CoreTM 2 Quad CPU Q 6600 @ 2.40 GHz 2.40 GHz Installed memory RAM: 4.00 GB System type: 64-bit...
  7. Switch from 32 bit to 64 bit

in Windows 10 Customization
    Switch from 32 bit to 64 bit: Currently I have Windows 10 Home 32 bit. How can I switch to 64 bit system? Thank you in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/switch-from-32-bit-to-64-bit/d51e9ce3-1bd0-4616-ae2c-b729c6073a3d
  8. upgrading from 32-bit to 64-bit

upgrading from 32-bit to 64-bit: First of I want to say, my pc is compatible; g3220 32bit on x64 based processor 4gb ram intel hd graphics 500gb HDD I want to upgrade for the reason of app compatibility, and I had 32-bit because I had 2gb ram. Right now I have Windows 10 32-bit. The problem is I...
  9. upgrade from 32 bit to 64 bit

upgrade from 32 bit to 64 bit: So I wasn't paying attention to much about my computers processor, I assumed it was old and could only run 32 bit programs and os. I was wrong its it suppose to be running 64 bit. My question is that I already installed 32 bit windows 10 and I want to find the easiest way and...
  10. Change from 32 bit to 64 bit

Change from 32 bit to 64 bit: I had a full licence (not OEM) of Window 7 Home premium. And I have upgraded to Window 10. Now I have put in more RAM to from 4 to 16 Gb. How do I reinstall a 64 bit Window 10? Would appreciate your input Daniel, Toronto 35804