Windows 10: Booting does not work, why?

Discus and support Booting does not work, why? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello yesterday my laptop hung up, after a classic on and off came only "Vaio" and that was it... Today I wanted to reboot it... (not for the first... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TiagoPinheiro, Jul 10, 2020.

1. Booting does not work, why?

Hello yesterday my laptop hung up, after a classic on and off came only "Vaio" and that was it... Today I wanted to reboot it... (not for the first time) classic setup downloaded to a USB... reboot via disk... etc. during the Windows10 installation but what happens to me that I can't explain...

I cannot install Windows because it seems to have 0MB available... respectively My 1 TB hard disk is not recognized...

Did I miss something in Bios? Do I perhaps have to release it for a new boot?

:)

TiagoPinheiro, Jul 10, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Aug 4, 2020
  3. GNJha Win User
    Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Aug 4, 2020
  4. Bree Win User

Booting does not work, why?

Installation media boots to command prompt

I've just booted from known working install media to see exactly what it does when booting. The sequence of events is...

1. Windows logo on a black screen
    2. circling dots appear beneath the logo
    3. light blue 'Please wait' screen with circling dots
    4. a command prompt window (very briefly)
    5. the initial Setup page appears

Do you see steps 1-3? If so, it appears you have stopped at step 4, suggesting that something on the disc cannot be read.

Does the disc boot properly in another machine? If so, try cleaning the laptop's drive lens then try booting from the disc again.

If not, make new install media with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool, either as a bootable USB, on an ISO that you can burn to another disc. At Step 8 in Option One of this tutorial you can choose between making a USB or an ISO.

Download Windows 10 ISO File

Bree, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

Booting does not work, why?

1. Booting does not work, why? - Similar Threads - Booting does why

2. Why does my ethernet only work after a cold boot.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my ethernet only work after a cold boot.: Recently, I made my own pc and noticed that my ethernet driver is "hidden" in device manager and will only work after i unplug the power supply for 10-20 seconds and plug it back in. So far, I have tried-Unchecking the "Allow device to sleep" or something like that in the...
  3. Why does my ethernet only work after a cold boot.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my ethernet only work after a cold boot.: Recently, I made my own pc and noticed that my ethernet driver is "hidden" in device manager and will only work after i unplug the power supply for 10-20 seconds and plug it back in. So far, I have tried-Unchecking the "Allow device to sleep" or something like that in the...
  4. Why does my backslash not work?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my backslash not work?: All other keys work perfectly fine, but when I type with my backslash, it gives random characters from the 3rd row of a keyboard. KASDFHL\;'456GJ. It also applies CAPS LOCK. If wondering, I use a GMMK keyboard and have reset my settings several times for it....
  5. why does windows not work and why is it allowed?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    why does windows not work and why is it allowed?: i am getting so tired of this. Day in and day out I see windows not working more and more and more and more and more and more. How is it they can get away with this? Newest issue, i have no arrows on my photos. I open a photo I can not go left or right. Not one element in...
  6. Why does this not work

in Windows 10 Support
    Why does this not work: I have a .reg and bat file that I thought used to work but doesn't work right any more. It only works if I shift+right click on a file, but not on a directory. AddisItaLink.reg: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\isLink] @="Is This a Link"...
  7. why does the support chat not work?

why does the support chat not work?: why does the support chat not work? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-the-support-chat-not-work/58c6c607-f91c-49a3-b350-1f978f2e9717
  8. Boot Does not work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Boot Does not work: When I upgrade my to Windows 10 , my computer started to work slow, so I decided to degrade it to windows 7. When I boot it to DVD an error come Syslinux 4.07 edd 2013-07-25 Copyright (C) 1994-2013 H. Peter Anvin et al No child node, aborting... Loading the boot file......
  9. Why does help not work?

Why does help not work?: Every time I run into an issue with Windows 10, and there's a "get help" button, or link, or question mark, or whatever, when I click the critter, it opens Edge, and goes to the webpage touting the (un)awesome and (non)working features of Windows 10. What's up with that,...
  10. Why does restore not work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why does restore not work: I have recently had cause to use the Restore function to overcome problems. But is goes through the motions but ends with a failure message saying restore did not work....