Windows 10: Booting from USB Partition..

Discus and support Booting from USB Partition.. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I have both the Windows 10 1903 and 1909 ISOs, and have added both to a 1 USB with 2 partitions (1 on each partition). Currently only the 1st... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TryllZ, Oct 30, 2019.

1. TryllZ Win User

Booting from USB Partition..

Hi,

I have both the Windows 10 1903 and 1909 ISOs, and have added both to a 1 USB with 2 partitions (1 on each partition). Currently only the 1st partition boots directly without giving me any options to boot from the second partition.

Is there a way for both the partitions to show up as an option for me to choose boot from, or is there some other way to achieve this.

Thank You

:)

TryllZ, Oct 30, 2019
  2. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Oct 30, 2019
  3. mars Win User
    Partition a USB Flash Drive

USB Partitioning

Do you know the technical part of it? How does the flipping of the removable happen? How can we partition a USB without using a 3rd party software? Can you suggest any programming language? and what algo should I use? thanks!

4. Booting from USB Partition..

Bootable USB with ISO - What am I missing?

I am trying to install win7 from a USB. I set the USB to be first boot and it finds it, but wont install the iso.

I have tried ...

However when I get to bootsect it does not do anything .. says it is not a recognized internal command ...

Is there something I am missing? I even tried just loading the iso on the USB and booting, but did not work either

Is there an easier way?

copenhagen69, Oct 30, 2019
Thema:

Booting from USB Partition..

1. Booting from USB Partition.. - Similar Threads - Booting USB Partition

2. Boot from USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Boot from USB: Hi All, I was flowing a thread from DaveM121 in regards to booting from USB, every step worked until I got to a certain point, does anyone know how I can contact DaveM121 for help? The thread was excatly what I needed help with so I’m sure he will be able to supoort me...
  3. Booting From USB

Booting From USB: Hi there, i have a Lenovo Ideapad that i need to factory reset. I don't want any of the files or personal things that are on there, i try to reset and i don't have enough free storage to reset. Apparently i need an extra 3.32GB to reset. Anyway i was told to reinstall windows...
  4. Deleting partitions from boot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Deleting partitions from boot: Does my drive get wiped of i delete all partitions and format from the new windows install with usb? submitted by /u/VishVadeva [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ib6c3i/deleting_partitions_from_boot/
  5. No boot from USB

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No boot from USB: W10 boots normally, but the ability to boot from USB has quit, returning "Not Found" failures in the UEFI. I noticed this yesterday, soon after installing Intel graphics update, and removal of 2 Linux GRUB entries ( debian and ubuntu folders) from the EFI. Will a "Sys...
  6. No boot from USB

in Windows 10 Support
    No boot from USB: W10 boots normally, but the ability to boot from USB has quit, returning "Not Found" failures in the UEFI. I noticed this yesterday, soon after installing Intel graphics update, and removal of 2 Linux GRUB entries ( debian and ubuntu folders) from the EFI. Will a "Sys...
  7. Boot from USB

Boot from USB: Hello. I am attempting to fix my computer as I am sure it has a virus. I'm running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit on an ASRock B450 Steel Legend motherboard. My PC won't load into the OS and the Windows 10 repair tool can't fix the issue, which leaves me in a loop of inability to...
  8. Boot From USB

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Boot From USB: If I boot Windows 10 from a USB on my Windows 10 pc, will the computer know/log the fact that I booted from USB? submitted by /u/TwoDots18 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/euqiy9/boot_from_usb/
  9. Booting from USB

in Windows 10 Support
    Booting from USB: I had never had my computer set to boot from USB but I created a bootable flash drive with Win 10 on it and wanted to try it. I set the BIOS boot options to try the CD drive first, then USB, and then the Hard drive. It booted fine but I have a question now. If I have a...
  10. Booting from a Cloned Partition

Booting from a Cloned Partition: I have cloned a partition using AOEMI Backupper and I have tried to find out how to make the cloned partition bootable. No luck with that. Note that this PC has one Hard Drive and which is UEFI/GPT based. Is it possible to make the cloned partition (G) bootable. The...