Windows 10: Booting from Windows 10 USB causes PC to reboot

Discus and support Booting from Windows 10 USB causes PC to reboot in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I have been trying for a week to upgrade a PC to Windows 10. First I tried upgrading directly from Windows 7 using the Windows media creation... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Mell1309, Feb 7, 2020.

1. Mell1309 Win User

Booting from Windows 10 USB causes PC to reboot

Hello,

I have been trying for a week to upgrade a PC to Windows 10. First I tried upgrading directly from Windows 7 using the Windows media creation tool but I kept getting a driver error, even after updating the driver and then uninstalling the driver. So I formatted the hard drives completely and tried to boot from a Windows 10 USB, but booting from the USB only shows the Windows logo splash screen and the loading symbol very briefly and then the PC reboots. I also unplugged the hard drives and plugged them back in to no avail.

How can I successfully boot to Windows 10 on this PC?

:)

Mell1309, Feb 7, 2020

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Feb 7, 2020
  3. Agility Win User
    Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Feb 7, 2020
  4. Booting from Windows 10 USB causes PC to reboot

Windows 10 random automatic repair after changing boot priority.

Hello. So i have an Windows 10 Pro. Sometimes when i am changing in bios boot order from USB to HDD ( SDD ) windows starts booting with AUTOMATIC REPAIR and then restarting. Is this something with BIOS \ Windows 10 bug related? Tested on pc and on laptop , and sometimes it doing the same.

Situation on PC first,listen:

Few days ago after i change boot in UEFI BIOS from USB to SSD.
    Then Windows 10 showed at 1 boot Automatic Repair.
    When starting Windows 10 boot loader starts by "preparing automatic repair" and diagnosing pc.
    Interesting is that if I restart Windows (after procedure mentioned earlier) it will boot normally. This startup problem was occured only when starting system again after shutdown or restarted pc from windows.So i was needed 2 boots to boot properly to windows.
    But on pc, format was needed to remove completely issue and after format is fine.

Pc :
    2x8gb Kingston Hyperx 1600mhz DDR3
    SSD samsung Evo 250 gb
    4790k stock
    Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 with UEFI BIOS

Now laptop with old standard bios:
    On laptop i made the same operation, change boot from USB to HDD and on first boot Windows 10 shows Automatic Repair. But it happened once and i cant reproduce. No format was needed.

laptop is very old with 2gb ram

Why on pc format was needed when on laptop not?

Thanks for suggestions.

litwicki24, Feb 7, 2020
Thema:

Booting from Windows 10 USB causes PC to reboot

1. Booting from Windows 10 USB causes PC to reboot - Similar Threads - Booting USB causes

2. Rebooting from a USB with Windows 10 already on it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rebooting from a USB with Windows 10 already on it.: Hi I bought a USB drive that has Windows on it and when I try to reboot my computer it looks like my screen turns off but the PC tower is still on, what do I do?...
  3. Rebooting from a USB with Windows 10 already on it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Rebooting from a USB with Windows 10 already on it.: Hi I bought a USB drive that has Windows on it and when I try to reboot my computer it looks like my screen turns off but the PC tower is still on, what do I do?...
  4. Rebooting from a USB with Windows 10 already on it.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Pc won't boot windows from usb

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Pc won't boot windows from usb: I downloaded windows 10 onto my usb but when i attempt to boot from it i get a black screen with windows symbol momentarily and then it just reboots back to motherboard screen. Eventually computer just crashes....
  6. windows 10 HDMI boot willl cause reboot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 HDMI boot willl cause reboot: I have been using VGA and I am trying to use HDMI on my windows 10 desktop. When it is booting into windows 10 I see the windows icon and the circle of dots. After a few seconds I see a window open in the bottom right 1/4 of the screen that is basically a square of a off...
  7. PC will not Boot from USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC will not Boot from USB: I know this is a very common problem but I still need help non the less. I recently purchased a PC at a garage sale (it actually turns on and displays the bios) that has and Intel core 2 duo 8GB of DDR2 ram all on a Intel Desktop Board DQ35JO. I recently put Windows 10 (x64...
  8. Windows 10 Installation Crashing and rebooting while booting from USB

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Installation Crashing and rebooting while booting from USB: I built a new desktop and i'm trying to install windows 10 on it. I can get into the bios fine and all my components are showing up. I set my initial boot device as the USB and then reboot my PC to start the installation process. The windows logo shows up,but as soon as it...
  9. Boot from USB Drive on Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Boot from USB Drive on Windows 10 PC: How to: Boot from USB Drive on Windows 10 PC How to Boot from a USB Flash Drive in Windows 10 This tutorial will show you how to boot from a USB drive at boot or from within a Windows 10 PC or Surface. If you have fast boot or ultra fast boot enabled in your UEFI...
  10. Will Win 10 pc boot from usb?

in Windows 10 Support
    Will Win 10 pc boot from usb?: HP Pavilion Desktop PC 570-pOXX. Windows 10 Home (X64) Version 1703 (build 15063.483) I downloaded and installed Macrium Reflect Free and made a disk image of my drive c:\. It appears to be all there. At Macrium's suggestion I rebooted with the drive attached but the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. usb causes pc to rebbot