Windows 10: Booting from windows 7

Discus and support Booting from windows 7 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I’m trying to install windows 10 using a CD on my lap top which is a samsung RV509 but I can’t find the CD ROM icon on my booting system to boot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MelinaMendes, Sep 5, 2020.

1. Booting from windows 7

Hi,

I’m trying to install windows 10 using a CD on my lap top which is a samsung RV509 but I can’t find the CD ROM icon on my booting system to boot from How can I address this issue? My current windows is a windows 7 .

:)

MelinaMendes, Sep 5, 2020
  2. GNJha Win User

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Sep 5, 2020
  3. Help on triple boot: Ubuntu, Win 7, XP.

• [/quote] then run it Code: sudo gparted[/quote]
    • And you should see that the Windows 7 partition has a flag indicating that it is a boot partition, remove that flag;
    • Reinstall Windows XP on sda2 (now XP should install its loader on sda2 too);
    • Test if XP boots from GRUB;
    • After this restore the boot flag on the 7 partition and test all OSs;
    I remember doing something like this long time ago (Longhorn/Vista early days), but it was with two different HDDs so it was "kinda" easier.
    Good luck. Click to expand... I did exactly what you said and came up with the same results. It doesn't really matter, though. It's just a slight inconvenience that I can overlook. However, I will remember the steps and commands your provided me for future reference. I appreciate your time and effort in helping me with this matter. One last question. Is it possible to have the following OS'es: Windows XP, Windows 7, and Windows Home Server, all without conflicts?

GoFigureItOut, Sep 5, 2020
  4. OrbitzXT Win User

Booting from windows 7

Windows 7 & XP Boot Problem

I did as that said, and was able to get back into Windows 7, but I did not have the option of going into XP. Response two on that page deals with that and says...

I did all that, upon rebooting Windows XP was listed as an option but selecting it doesn't work. I get a message saying something is missing or corrupt. I'm confused what drive letter I was supposed to use during the quoted method of adding XP support. While in Windows, the drive with XP is labeled as E:, but if I go into Windows setup it says the drive with XP is called C:. I had put E:, so perhaps it was supposed to be C...but while in Windows 7, the Windows 7 drive is called C:.

My current situation is that XP wouldn't work at all, but 7 would. I decided to reinstall XP again to be in the same situation as before. I'm unsure how to get them both working.

OrbitzXT, Sep 5, 2020
Thema:

Booting from windows 7

1. Booting from windows 7 - Similar Threads - Booting

2. My PC doesn't show anything when I boot it up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC doesn't show anything when I boot it up: Before these things happen, I tried to replace the system32 files to install MCPE crack but I failed because I don't have permission to access or replace files there. After I attempted to replace, errors like I describe below started to appearLink to the files I tried to...
  3. My PC doesn't show anything when I boot it up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC doesn't show anything when I boot it up: Before these things happen, I tried to replace the system32 files to install MCPE crack but I failed because I don't have permission to access or replace files there. After I attempted to replace, errors like I describe below started to appearLink to the files I tried to...
  4. My PC doesn't show anything when I boot it up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Lenovo Ideapad laptop does not boot. Using command line to fix the problem results in...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lenovo Ideapad laptop does not boot. Using command line to fix the problem results in...: My LenovoIdeapad 3 laptop bluescreened and now cannot boot to windows. Startup repair does not work. I have tried following command line instructions, for example here https://www.yourwindowsguide.com/2021/09/recovery-options-in-windows-11.html#.YgnrtYhBzIWHowever when trying...
  6. Lenovo Ideapad laptop does not boot. Using command line to fix the problem results in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo Ideapad laptop does not boot. Using command line to fix the problem results in...: My LenovoIdeapad 3 laptop bluescreened and now cannot boot to windows. Startup repair does not work. I have tried following command line instructions, for example here https://www.yourwindowsguide.com/2021/09/recovery-options-in-windows-11.html#.YgnrtYhBzIWHowever when trying...
  7. Lenovo Ideapad laptop does not boot. Using command line to fix the problem results in...

8. I have a blue screen error that shows the stop code: Inaccessible boot device.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I have a blue screen error that shows the stop code: Inaccessible boot device.: I started looking for advanced repair and from command prompt I scanned. Now it shows this message. What should I do next.X:\Windows\System32>sfc /scannowBeginning system scan. This process will take some time.Beginning verification phase of system scan.Verification 100%...
  9. I have a blue screen error that shows the stop code: Inaccessible boot device.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a blue screen error that shows the stop code: Inaccessible boot device.: I started looking for advanced repair and from command prompt I scanned. Now it shows this message. What should I do next.X:\Windows\System32>sfc /scannowBeginning system scan. This process will take some time.Beginning verification phase of system scan.Verification 100%...
  10. I have a blue screen error that shows the stop code: Inaccessible boot device.