Windows 10: Booting into BIOS remotely

Discus and support Booting into BIOS remotely in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi there, First time here and not sure if this is the correct forum to post in, but I was wondering if there is a way to boot into the BIOS of a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by MrShnuffles, Feb 21, 2019.

1. Booting into BIOS remotely

Hi there,

First time here and not sure if this is the correct forum to post in, but I was wondering if there is a way to boot into the BIOS of a machine that is in a remote office. Here is the situation. I work IT for an engineering company and am tasked with finding a way to boot into the BIOS remotely so that I can update some settings. I have seen some things that could work like RAdmin, but that only seems to work with machines that have Intel AMT and vPro.

The unit I am trying to get this to work with is an Asus Vivo. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated !

Thank you!

:)

MrShnuffles, Feb 21, 2019

2. bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, Feb 21, 2019
  3. Powercolor RX480 BIOS required

Find the unverified bios option.

eidairaman1, Feb 21, 2019
  4. Booting into BIOS remotely

Windows 10 will only boot if selected from the BIOS boot menu.

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We understand the inconvenience you have experienced.

• You mean to say, every time you need to make changes to Boot Order in BIOS, to start your computer correctly?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

I suspect that the problem might be due to outdated BIOS update
    or with Boot Configuration data. Suggest you to check for the latest BIOS update and Chipset drivers for your device hardware on Manufacturer website. If you find a new one, try to update the same to see if it correct
    the issue. If problem still persist, then I suggest to rebuild Boot Configuration Data to see if it makes any difference.

Let us try to repair your computer by creating a Windows 10 Bootable media (I.e. USB or DVD) using
    Media Creation Tool.
    Use your computer or some other connected to Internet for creating a Bootable media (Windows 10 ISO image file). Once you're ready with Bootable Media, follow the below mentioned
    steps.

• Insert the Windows installation disc in the disc drive or connect USB media, and then start the computer.
    • Press a key when the message Press any key to boot from CD or DVD appears.

If your PC does not detect the media automatically
      • During the restart process, read the screen for any instructions that explain how to interrupt normal startup and enter the basic input/output system (BIOS) setup utility. Most PCs use the F2, F10, ESC, or DEL key to begin the BIOS Setup.
      • Look for a tab in the BIOS Setup Utility that is labeled Boot Order,
        Boot Options, or Boot. Following the directions on the screen, use the arrow keys to go to the
        Boot Order, then press Enter.
      • Locate the CD, DVD, or USB flash drive (this might be called Removable Device) in the Boot list. Following the directions on the screen, use the arrow keys to move the drive up so that it appears first in the Boot list. Press Enter. The boot order
        sequence is now changed to boot from the CD, DVD, or USB flash drive.
      • Press F10 to save your changes and to exit the BIOS Setup Utility. Select Yes in the confirmation window. The PC will restart. Allow the PC to restart normally. The scan will take a few minutes and remove any malware that may be infecting your computer.
    • Select a language, a time, a currency, a keyboard or another input method, and then click Next.
    • Click Repair your computer.
    • Click the operating system that you want to repair, and then click
      Next
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot. Select
      Advanced Options > Command Prompt
      under Advanced Options.
    • Type Bootrec /RebuildBcd, and then press
      ENTER.
      This command will rebuild boot configuration data if in case any issue with Boot files causing this issue.

Once you done with the above steps, see if the problem still persist.

Let us know how it went.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Feb 21, 2019
Thema:

Booting into BIOS remotely

1. Booting into BIOS remotely - Similar Threads - Booting BIOS remotely

2. Bio Boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bio Boot: Good dayI have a Acer Aspire and have been struggling with my Bio boot. When I get to the boot me Option.Secure boot : EnabledShould it be enabled because I can select anything here.And one final question, does my laptop need to be connected to the internet via lan cable?...
  3. Bio Boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bio Boot: Good dayI have a Acer Aspire and have been struggling with my Bio boot. When I get to the boot me Option.Secure boot : EnabledShould it be enabled because I can select anything here.And one final question, does my laptop need to be connected to the internet via lan cable?...
  4. Bio Boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Tracking Machine Remotely From the Bios

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tracking Machine Remotely From the Bios: Is there a way a Laptop can be tracked remotely through BIOS Firmware, in dell machines when connected to Internet?Manufacturers like Dell / Lenovo releases firmware and BIOS updates from time to time. These updates may include security improvements and bug fixes, but they...
  6. Tracking Machine Remotely From the Bios

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tracking Machine Remotely From the Bios: Is there a way a Laptop can be tracked remotely through BIOS Firmware, in dell machines when connected to Internet?Manufacturers like Dell / Lenovo releases firmware and BIOS updates from time to time. These updates may include security improvements and bug fixes, but they...
  7. bios came on booting.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bios came on booting.: hi i am kunal,i want a solution for my issue.bios is coming up automatically whenever i am booting my laptop. this issue is happening from 1 week. i have to press esc and exit to enter in to the windows. please help.laptop asusvivobook 15 x512fa. i3 10th gen. windows 11 pro....
  8. Can't Boot into BIOS

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't Boot into BIOS: I've tried every suggestion I've found on the internet, but no luck... Windows 10 lastest update. MSI Gaming Pro Carbon board with Ryzen 7 1700, using Ryzen power plan. When I first built this board I turned off the annoying MSI BIOS splash screen on startup, and now I guess...
  9. BIOS Boot order

in Windows 10 Support
    BIOS Boot order: I could not find an option under Boot Options, in the BIOS, of my P57W computer to boot off an optical or thumb drive. How the hell am I to boot off these devices when I cannot see them in the BIOS? Gigabyte documentation, or the lack thereof, SUCKS big time. I finally...
  10. No bios screen at boot

in Windows 10 Support
    No bios screen at boot: After re-installtion issues with an old standby (Clipmate) to correct an issue with Clipmate...I decided just to revert back to a previous Acronis complete system image tib from a few days previous to the Clipmate change. However...I can not get passed the blinking cursor...