Windows 10: Booting into blackscreen with cursor + flashing loading circle

Discus and support Booting into blackscreen with cursor + flashing loading circle in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Alright, I was in the course of fixing another issue i had (BSOD/attempted switch from DPC and i inteded to find the driver/program causing the issue)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Henni, Aug 13, 2017.

1. Henni Win User

Booting into blackscreen with cursor + flashing loading circle

Alright, I was in the course of fixing another issue i had (BSOD/attempted switch from DPC and i inteded to find the driver/program causing the issue) when suddenly i had one BSOD in the middle of my work followed another right when the desktop loaded again. I'm now sitting on a blackscreen with the cursor when moving the mouse which has the loading indicator flashing all the time.

I have no clue what caused this, and i have read that it could be a hard drive or ssd being dead, yet this is a dual boot pc (my instance is win10, the other one win7) and the 7 one works absolutely fine and i can access all my data from the drives from that one.

Also note that the blue loading indicator next to the cursor is flashing, the mouse itself is not. I have tried to follow the instructions given regarding flashing cursors already to no avail. I also couldn't do anything on the blackscreen other than win+p to acivate/deactivate monitors (i have two). Hitting space / ctrl and entering my password or using shortcuts to open task manager or similar don't so anything. I can still access the BIOS, and as i said my files through Win7.

:)

Henni, Aug 13, 2017

2. Loading circle next to cursor flashing non stop

Hi Lizette

thanks for helping me.

As you suggested I tried a clean boot.

(A day has passed since I asked for help).

I booted the PC today and began the preparations for the clean boot. I disabled all the services and went on to disabling all the start up processes. Half way through that I realized that there is no more loading circle flashing. I then checked the mouse
    settings because yesterday I changed the background activity cursor to the regular one (as a temporary fix) and bevor turning of the computer I selected the original again. I therefor mad sure it was the correct cursor with the loading circle which it was.

All I can say now is, that it "fixed" itself again and will probably come back in a few days.

So please do not mark this as resolved. I will come back to you with the results of the clean boot as soon as I have the problem again.

Kind regards Andri

AndriHunkeler, Aug 13, 2017
  3. Gino Des Win User
    Flashing "background activity" loading circle next to cursor

Hi Andri,

We have not heard back from you. We would like to know if you can still see the flashing loading circle next to your cursor after performing a clean boot. If this resolved your issue, we suggest that you mark the post as an answer to help other community
    members who are also looking for solutions to this issue.

Let us know if you need any further assistance, and we would be glad to help you.

Gino Des, Aug 13, 2017
  4. Bastet Win User

A couple of things - are you using nVidia graphics card? Any USB devices connected including wireless mouse &/or keyboard?

Bastet, Aug 13, 2017
  5. Henni Win User
    I have a nvidia gtx 970, yes. Keyboard and mouse are connected via usb / not wireless. I have a mic, an external drive and a printer connected via USB aswell.

Henni, Aug 13, 2017
  6. Bastet Win User
    does ctrl alt del bring up the task manager? If it does close any & all mention of nVidia, this hopefully will bring up the screen allowing you to either log on or if already logged on to uninstall the nVidia driver & GeForce experience (if installed) & then download the latest version from nVidia's website.

Bastet, Aug 13, 2017
  7. Henni Win User
    Sadly no shortcuts aside from win+p and the one that opens the panel which lets you zoom into parts of the screen work. Also to add, safe mode does nothing but lower the screen quality (cursor quality...)

GeForce Experience is installed. If i had a way to access the system using a seperate boot disk i could fix it that way, but otherwise i have no clue

Henni, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Booting into blackscreen with cursor + flashing loading circle - Similar Threads - Booting blackscreen cursor

2. Constant Flashing Blue Loading Circle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant Flashing Blue Loading Circle: Hello, I hadn’t loaded up my PC for about 3 weeks and once I did it started normal but I noticed one I logged in that I have a constant spinning blue loading symbol next to my mouse. I’ve tried watching and attempting many solutions online that I’ve seen with no luck. Does...
  3. Constant Flashing Blue Loading Circle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Constant Flashing Blue Loading Circle: Hello, I hadn’t loaded up my PC for about 3 weeks and once I did it started normal but I noticed one I logged in that I have a constant spinning blue loading symbol next to my mouse. I’ve tried watching and attempting many solutions online that I’ve seen with no luck. Does...
  4. Cursor loads forever with a blue circle

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cursor loads forever with a blue circle: Hello, I have a problem with my Windows 10 PC So, if I try right clicking on a program on my desktop the cursor starts loading with a blue circle forever, however this does not apply for the Bin and if I right click on the desktop. It only loads when I right click on games...
  5. Black Screen with cursor and blue flashing circle

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen with cursor and blue flashing circle: I can not access my Dell Inspiron 3471 desktop with Windows 10 When I turn on the computer this is what happens. I initially get the Dell Logo with circle of white turning dots. Then I get Black Screen with cursor and blue flashing circle Dell tried to help, it did not...
  6. flashing blue circle by cursor arrow

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    flashing blue circle by cursor arrow: Why ??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/flashing-blue-circle-by-cursor-arrow/a1c68d0a-1637-4c0b-8d06-6389a07135cf
  7. Blue loading circle constantly flashing next to cursor (DELL machines)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue loading circle constantly flashing next to cursor (DELL machines): Every day for the last week 2-3 of the computers in our domain have come up with this issue. There's also over system performance decrease on the affected machines. Microsoft support is useless and won't return my calls after we paid them $500. Anyone know the cause or the...
  8. Blue busy circle flashing next to cursor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Blue busy circle flashing next to cursor: Blue busy circle flashing next to cursor. I'm in Windows 10. Tried disabling all start-up apps and rebooting - still is flashing... Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blue-busy-circle-flashing-next-to-cursor/64cf156f-ac7b-41b0-8e79-8f27324cf465
  9. Windows 10 Boots to a blackscreen with a cursor-

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Boots to a blackscreen with a cursor-: So, Recently I have upgraded to Win10, and I have restarted the PC about 1-2 times. And this time, just nothing. Nothing. No error code, nothing, It's a HP Pavilion g7 22994
  10. why is there a flashing blue circle next to arrow cursor?

in Windows 10 Support
    why is there a flashing blue circle next to arrow cursor?: I have successfully completed a download of windows 10 and it is running well so far but the blue circle that normally denotes something is downloading or changing is cons tantly flashing 57759