Windows 10: Booting into command prompt doesnt recognize my password

Discus and support Booting into command prompt doesnt recognize my password in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; As stated in the title, when I try to boot into command prompt mode, it asks for my Microsoft account password, but when I provide the password, it's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TheWind1, Jan 11, 2022.

1. TheWind1 Win User

Booting into command prompt doesnt recognize my password

As stated in the title, when I try to boot into command prompt mode, it asks for my Microsoft account password, but when I provide the password, it's saying it is wrong. I've reset the password, updated the user info in settings, but with no success.

:)

TheWind1, Jan 11, 2022
  2. cwtech Win User

command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

I am repairing a laptop for a friend and I need to access windows in safe mode and the owner has forgotten the password to the main user. I tried logging on with the administrator profile in safe mode but it is not showing up so I was going to use command prompt in safe mode with command prompt but command prompt will not open when I boot that option. Does anyone have any hints for me to figure this out?

cwtech, Jan 11, 2022
  3. Bree Win User
    Installation media boots to command prompt

I've just booted from known working install media to see exactly what it does when booting. The sequence of events is...

1. Windows logo on a black screen
    2. circling dots appear beneath the logo
    3. light blue 'Please wait' screen with circling dots
    4. a command prompt window (very briefly)
    5. the initial Setup page appears

Do you see steps 1-3? If so, it appears you have stopped at step 4, suggesting that something on the disc cannot be read.

Does the disc boot properly in another machine? If so, try cleaning the laptop's drive lens then try booting from the disc again.

If not, make new install media with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool, either as a bootable USB, on an ISO that you can burn to another disc. At Step 8 in Option One of this tutorial you can choose between making a USB or an ISO.

Download Windows 10 ISO File

4. cwtech Win User

command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, Jan 11, 2022
Thema:

1. Booting into command prompt doesnt recognize my password - Similar Threads - Booting command prompt

2. What is the password for the command prompt in reboot?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    What is the password for the command prompt in reboot?: I am switching my Bios from Legacy to UEFI and I need to use my command prompt during the boot. I tried my PIN when I unlock my computer and my Microsoft Account password but neither have worked.This is an example pic from google....
  3. What is the password for the command prompt in reboot?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is the password for the command prompt in reboot?: I am switching my Bios from Legacy to UEFI and I need to use my command prompt during the boot. I tried my PIN when I unlock my computer and my Microsoft Account password but neither have worked.This is an example pic from google....
  4. The command prompt password is showing incorrect

The command prompt password is showing incorrect: I have tried all passwords i could recall but still it is showing incorrect and i i can't do anything from the windows as i on the log in screen it is showing that due to a change in security settings to set up a new pin click on setup new pin but when I am clicking on the...
  5. Booting into command prompt doesnt recognize my password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Booting into command prompt doesnt recognize my password: As stated in the title, when I try to boot into command prompt mode, it asks for my Microsoft account password, but when I provide the password, it's saying it is wrong. I've reset the password, updated the user info in settings, but with no success....
  6. Booting into command prompt doesnt recognize my password

Booting into command prompt doesnt recognize my password: As stated in the title, when I try to boot into command prompt mode, it asks for my Microsoft account password, but when I provide the password, it's saying it is wrong. I've reset the password, updated the user info in settings, but with no success....
  7. Commands on command prompt are showing up as "not recognized"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Commands on command prompt are showing up as "not recognized": I executed some commands like ipconfig,netsh, cipher, etc etc but they all showed up as "not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file". I have worked with these commands before and they were working properly until today. What could be the...
  8. Can't boot to command prompt

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't boot to command prompt: Hi, I am trying to boot into the command prompt to reset a password. However, none of the function keys including escape allows me into the BIOS. I am using a wired keyboard and function keys do not have a toggle on/off option. I have restarted with the SHIFT key and it won't...
  9. bootrec not recognized by command prompt

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    bootrec not recognized by command prompt: Guys please help when I go to windows automatic repair an error pops out saying "Windows automatic repair could not fix your pc" so I tried going to command prompt running with admin of course and using the code bootrec /RebuildBcd and bootrec /FixBoot to fix it but a message...
  10. Command Prompt didn't recognize one of the commands

in Windows 10 Support
    Command Prompt didn't recognize one of the commands: This evening I tried to get into command prompt by right-click " run in administrator " This part had no problem but after this --it's not. What I am trying to fix MBR issue on my laptop. I found the link that I search on Google and tried it. Here is the link below: How...