Windows 10: Booting into safe mode makes my monitor lose signal.

Discus and support Booting into safe mode makes my monitor lose signal. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So yesterday, when booting into safe mode, I had no issues with my monitor. However today, when I try to boot into safe mode, my monitor goes black... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/tropicalsquash, Feb 27, 2021.

1. Booting into safe mode makes my monitor lose signal.

So yesterday, when booting into safe mode, I had no issues with my monitor. However today, when I try to boot into safe mode, my monitor goes black with "no signal." I've tried different cables and turned my monitor off and on. However I get no problems when I turn my computer off and boot normally. Does anyone know what might be causing this? I'm using bootcamp currently.

submitted by /u/tropicalsquash
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/tropicalsquash, Feb 27, 2021

2. Monitors Lose Signal On Boot

I have 3 Benq xl2720z monitors all using dp.

In the morning I went to turn on my monitors to find out there was no signal in any of them. I then rebooted my computer and when I got to the spinning orb, my computers faded to black in the middle of it and lost signal. I didn't even get to the login screen.

I then decided to try each monitor by themselves starting with the left monitor. this monitor managed to the login and to the desktop. However it still faded to black as if it was about to lose signal in the middle of the spinning orb. However it managed to recover I guess and show the login. The part that I noticed is that it took much less time to normally to get to the login so something is not right.

I then tried the middle monitor. The first try I got to the desktop just to lose signal a second later. The second try I lost signal during the spinning orb.

For the right monitor, I lost signal when I got to the desktop. Didn't bother trying again with it.

Since the left monitor I could get somewhere I decided to go and plug that one in so I could go and write this, however I accidently plugged in the middle monitor but it was idea I did because something new happened.

I got to the login and desktop fine and it never faded to pure black in the middle of the spinning orb. It showed the whole animation but the second one with the blue screen. It also longer to boot up which was how it was suppose to be.

So I no idea what is going on. It all feels random. Can someone help me with this?

I'm going to try rebooting again and see if the middle monitor is fine now and then I'm going to try all 3 together.

EDIT: Tried again with the middle monitor, it booted without issues. Tried again with 3 monitors, it booted to desktop without going to no signal, however the boot was shorter. Is there a reason for Windows 10 to not go to the seconded spinning orb with the blue screen?

Danielzxzx, Feb 27, 2021
  3. Dartz75 Win User
    No signal received by monitor after booting into Safe Mode (minimal)?

Hi Everyone,

I just set my Windows 10 Desktop Computer to boot in Safe Mode (Minimal).

Now when the computer starts up my monitor will not receive a signal! It scans for an input signal but receives nothing!!!

I know that this is a Windows issue, because if I remove the hard drive from the computer it will boot to the BIOS screen!

My question is - IS THERE ANY WAY TO STOP THE COMPUTER FROM BOOTING INTO SAFE MODE GIVEN THAT I CANNOT SEE ANYTHING ON THE SCREEN?

My hope is that I can plug the hard drive into an external drive bay and alter a settings file on the disk so that it will be able to boot normally again.

Any help here would be fantastic.

Kind Regards,

Davo

Dartz75, Feb 27, 2021
  4. Booting into safe mode makes my monitor lose signal.

Monitor losing signal during start-up

I've been getting issues in the last week while trying to start up my computer.

Either my monitor loses its signal during the blue screen with the rotating white dots or my motherboard graphics card is being used instead of the one that my monitors are plugged into.

The graphics card (EVGA Nvidia GeForce 960) is still currently working as I have been able to log in successfully on a few occasions, but my monitor often loses its signal shortly afterwards.

I have tried to re-install my graphics driver, using DDU to remove the previous versions in safe mode, many times with no avail.

If anyone can give me any insight to this, I will be very grateful.

Greaterdemon, Feb 27, 2021
Thema:

Booting into safe mode makes my monitor lose signal.

1. Booting into safe mode makes my monitor lose signal. - Similar Threads - Booting safe mode

2. Monitor loses randomly loses signal.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Monitor loses randomly loses signal.: This started happening a few weeks ago, and it happens randomly, even when I just browse the internet or do intensive GPU stuff like 3d modeling or gaming.The monitor samsung sj55w ultra wide loses signal from the computer but the computer keeps working, as I hear the music...
  3. Monitor loses randomly loses signal.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor loses randomly loses signal.: This started happening a few weeks ago, and it happens randomly, even when I just browse the internet or do intensive GPU stuff like 3d modeling or gaming.The monitor samsung sj55w ultra wide loses signal from the computer but the computer keeps working, as I hear the music...
  4. Monitor loses randomly loses signal.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. No signal to monitor after booting laptop in safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No signal to monitor after booting laptop in safe mode: My laptop's monitor isn't working so I connect it to another using HDMI. It had a problem detecting the bluetooth adapter so I booted it in safe mode and now it won't display anything on my monitor. Are there any solutions? It's a Dell G3...
  6. No signal to monitor after booting laptop in safe mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No signal to monitor after booting laptop in safe mode: My laptop's monitor isn't working so I connect it to another using HDMI. It had a problem detecting the bluetooth adapter so I booted it in safe mode and now it won't display anything on my monitor. Are there any solutions? It's a Dell G3...
  7. No signal to monitor after booting laptop in safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. No signal received by monitor after booting into Safe Mode (minimal)?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No signal received by monitor after booting into Safe Mode (minimal)?: Hi Everyone, I just set my Windows 10 Desktop Computer to boot in Safe Mode (Minimal). Now when the computer starts up my monitor will not receive a signal! It scans for an input signal but receives nothing!!! I know that this is a Windows issue, because if I remove the...
  9. PC loses signal to monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    PC loses signal to monitor: While I play a video game, FPS in game start dropping and the monitor loses signal, but the PC is still working. Today I tried the thingy with Capslock and after I pressed it two times, my PC stopped. After I turned it back on it booted, but a black screen appeared and not...
  10. Monitors Lose Signal On Boot

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitors Lose Signal On Boot: I have 3 Benq xl2720z monitors all using dp. In the morning I went to turn on my monitors to find out there was no signal in any of them. I then rebooted my computer and when I got to the spinning orb, my computers faded to black in the middle of it and lost signal. I...