Windows 10: Booting into SafeMode with networking - No connection, Password Incorrect

Discus and support Booting into SafeMode with networking - No connection, Password Incorrect in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm trying to boot into SafeMode to run DDU and fresh install my graphics drivers. However, when booting into safemode with networking and at the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/tnuhnivad, Nov 17, 2019.

1. Booting into SafeMode with networking - No connection, Password Incorrect

I'm trying to boot into SafeMode to run DDU and fresh install my graphics drivers. However, when booting into safemode with networking and at the login/password sign on, I'm blocked out on logging into windows. Windows tells me my password is incorrect. Trying my pin and also microsoft account password - which I know is correct because I verified sign on with another device - gives me a, "password is incorrect."

I know how to get out of safemode from here and back into non-safemode by Shift + Restart and going through the options to command prompt and "bcdedit /deletevalue {default} safeboot" and restarting. However, my problem I think is that I have no network connection despite being directly Ethernet connected and also having my wireless network set up prior to entering safe mode. Clicking the globe network icon in the bottom right of the sign on screen only reveals airplane mode switch and does not reveal any visible networks or anything else. Running the network adapter troubleshoot gives me nothing and there are no problems until I enter safe mode. I should not be having this problem and am halted in completing my task. I need help resolving the connection problem. Has anyone encountered this before?

submitted by /u/tnuhnivad
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/tnuhnivad, Nov 17, 2019
  2. Rose Ter Win User

Windows 10 Password problem in safemode

Hi,

For us to isolate the issue, we will need to ask you a few questions:

• Are you getting any error messages aside from password incorrect?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far, after being stuck in safemode sign in screen?
    • What are you trying to do when you enter safemode with networking through msconfig?

Regards.

Rose Ter, Nov 17, 2019
  3. Windows not booting normally, only safemode and password not accepting to work in safemode

First of, I will provide complete information here so please read fully before providing suggestions so that no ones time is wasted by suggesting things that have already been tried.

Okay, as subject states, I am stuck at windows 10 64 bit safemode login ( with no password accepting so still at login screen) and no matter what I try, I cant get to normal login. (Hp envy 15 laptop with no networking port).

How did I get here?

I was trying to install a program or something when it asked me to boot to safemode and I accepted and now I am just stuck here.

What have been tried so far:

f8 key for boot option doesnt work.

Tried advanced startup to start in safemode with network by holding shifting and restart click but since laptop doesnt have network port so cant have internet connection with networking cable and wifi is not working so still safe mode is not accepting password.

Tried using cellphone with usb tethering mode to provide internet so that my microsoft password may be accepted but tethering connection doesnt work either.

Tried booting into command prompt or system recovery but that too asks for password and not accepting it.

I didnt have a local account ever since using laptop. So no local password exists and I have tried all the passwords that I could have used if there existed any local account but nothing was accepted.

Please help me without letting me reinstall my OS as it was preinstalled and I dont have seperate product key plus I cant start from the scratch.

Thanks

ShujjaHaider, Nov 17, 2019
  4. OrbitzXT Win User

Booting into SafeMode with networking - No connection, Password Incorrect

Incorrect Password With Networked Computers

At work we have a PC that hosts all of the files everyone uses in the office. It used to have XP on it, as most of the PCs in the office do, but I put Windows 7 on it this time. Now I'm having a slight issue where everytime the XP computers log on, the first time they try and access the network drive they all get a window that says "Connect to \\Server\Data Files", then the actual message says "Incorrect password or unknown username for: \\Server\Data Files.

There is a place to type a username, which has NX02\Server at the moment, and if I type the correct password, it works and they can connect until they restart again. NX02 is the PC I'm on trying to connect to the Server.

I have a Windows 7 PC in the office I use and it doesn't have this problem. How can I resolve this? My coworkers think it's annoying.

OrbitzXT, Nov 17, 2019
Thema:

Booting into SafeMode with networking - No connection, Password Incorrect

1. Booting into SafeMode with networking - No connection, Password Incorrect - Similar Threads - Booting SafeMode networking

2. Unable to boot into windows normally. Can boot into safemode with networking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to boot into windows normally. Can boot into safemode with networking: Hi,Due to some faulty Ram which has now been replaced i have a windows install that is unable to boot correctly.I Can boot into Safemode with networking using the auto recovery menu.I've tried using system restore points which have all failed.I've also tried removing the GPU...
  3. Unable to boot into windows normally. Can boot into safemode with networking

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to boot into windows normally. Can boot into safemode with networking: Hi,Due to some faulty Ram which has now been replaced i have a windows install that is unable to boot correctly.I Can boot into Safemode with networking using the auto recovery menu.I've tried using system restore points which have all failed.I've also tried removing the GPU...
  4. Incorrect Password Safe Boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Incorrect Password Safe Boot: So I decided to download AMD cleanup utility. After launching it, it recommended my laptop to start in Safe Mode. So when my pc restarted it showed me to enter my Microsoft password instead of PIN. So I entered the correct password confirmed it by clicking the eye option..but...
  5. Networking in Safemode

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Networking in Safemode: I have setup the option to use Safemode with networking using EasyBCD on my Windows 10 Pro desktop. When I boot into Safemode I can not get the wireless adapter to work. Is there a way to get the wireless to work in Safemode? 155497
  6. Safemode Password Incorrect - Even when changed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Safemode Password Incorrect - Even when changed: Hello helpers, This is started when safemode deleting drivers through DDU. When I first reset in safe mode I didn't know my password, had to work my way to repair - CMD and turn off safemode to log in normally using my Pin. I changed my password in settings, tried again...
  7. Username or Password incorrect when connecting to network computer

Username or Password incorrect when connecting to network computer: I have 2 computers, C1 and C2, (both running Win10Pro - 1903) and 2 users, U1 and U2. U1 is the main administrator on C1 and C2 with the same login credentials on both computers. U2 is an added administrator on C1 and C2 with the same credentials on both computers. U2 can...
  8. Cannot connect to PC in network: username or password incorrect

Cannot connect to PC in network: username or password incorrect: Hi Guys Sorry to have to ask, but after months I still cannot access the media PC from any PC aside from mine. We have 7 Windows PC's plus phones. The kids (and I) would like to access the media PC from their devices. ALL Win 10. I can access the media PC from my PC (UD5)...
  9. Windows not booting normally, only safemode and password not accepting to work in safemode

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows not booting normally, only safemode and password not accepting to work in safemode: First of, I will provide complete information here so please read fully before providing suggestions so that no ones time is wasted by suggesting things that have already been tried. Okay, as subject states, I am stuck at windows 10 64 bit safemode login ( with no password...
  10. Trying to boot into safemode with networking

Trying to boot into safemode with networking: I can manage to boot into safemode for wondows 10 but when I try to use safe mode with networking my internet connection is still disabled. Wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue and if so how can I fix it? Any help would be appreciated and thank you. 15271