Windows 10: Booting new drive to Windows as C without disconnecting ?

Discus and support Booting new drive to Windows as C without disconnecting ? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I cloned a drive SSD to Nvme but I was informed that I must physically disconnect the SSD just to get Windows to boot as C from the Nvme; otherwise... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by StraightWorld, Sep 19, 2020.

1. Booting new drive to Windows as C without disconnecting ?

I cloned a drive SSD to Nvme but I was informed that I must physically disconnect the SSD just to get Windows to boot as C from the Nvme; otherwise Windows will continue to boot as C from the SSD, is there another way to do this without the requirement to physically disconnect the SSD ?

:)

StraightWorld, Sep 19, 2020
  2. topgundcp Win User

Win 10 won't boot, if I disconnect secondary drive(s)

1. Download: Macrium Rescue ISO 6.1.1000 and use: Rufus - Create bootable USB to create a USB Boot.
    2. Disconnect Disk 1 from your PC
    3. Boot up your PC using the USB in step 1
    4. Follow the screen shot to fix Windows Boot

Booting new drive to Windows as C without disconnecting ? [​IMG]

topgundcp, Sep 19, 2020
  3. Installing Windows on my new C drive

Current Situation: My C Disk is cramming up and I decided to change a new C disk.

Currently my computer storage is composed of an SSD (being my C disk) and an HDD. I bought a new SSD and desire to somehow transfer my current system into the new SSD along with the current environmental variables, user data, both program files folder, and
    various other folders instead of installing a brand new system on my new C drive.

Questions I am currently wondering:

1. I noticed the function provided by windows called "Create a system image". Currently my softwares are distributed evenly in my C drive (SSD) and D drive (HDD). I am not changing my HDD, so softwares installed there will not be removed. If I only choose
      to backup my system in my C drive, can I still run my softwares on my HDD after changing a C drive and reinstalling Windows using the generated ISO file?
    2. Does this function "create a system image" pack up the environmental variables, registry, along with all other folders in my C drive, or only the minimal system?
    3. If I extract the system image ISO into my new C drive, can I somehow "extract" from the ISO file to create a new system in my new drive? If not, is it possible to make my new C drive a windows Boot USB, and directly installing the windows system onto itself?
    4. What is your suggested method of making this move?

Thank you for your help!!

Power_tile, Sep 19, 2020
  4. AsRock Win User

Booting new drive to Windows as C without disconnecting ?

Wondering about a second hard drive and installing Vista on it and also a ..

Annoying having to go into the bios each time though. And for me not a option unless i run 2 arrays.

AsRock, Sep 19, 2020
Thema:

Booting new drive to Windows as C without disconnecting ?

1. Booting new drive to Windows as C without disconnecting ? - Similar Threads - Booting drive without

2. New hard drive without Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New hard drive without Windows: Hi,I lost my hard drive, internal damaged. I had to buy a new hard drive, but can't install the Windows it had before because I didn't make a backup disc. What can I do? Who to contact to give me the key number I had before?I would appreciate any help. Thank you....
  3. New hard drive without Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New hard drive without Windows: Hi,I lost my hard drive, internal damaged. I had to buy a new hard drive, but can't install the Windows it had before because I didn't make a backup disc. What can I do? Who to contact to give me the key number I had before?I would appreciate any help. Thank you....
  4. New hard drive without Windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Move C drive to new drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Move C drive to new drive: Morning guys.So I have installed a new m.2 SSD into my motherboard. I have a SSD as my main boot drive and a HDD as my Data drive. Is there a way to move my C drive to my m.2 SSD and changing it to C drive without having to reinstall windows 10?...
  6. Windows Repaired drive C on boot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Repaired drive C on boot: Hello, I noticed on boot that Windows did some sort of repair to drive C: I didn't manage to see it completely because I came exactly when it finished. It said something about Repairing or Fixing drive C: Now it's a new Samsung 970 Evo NVME. And this drive is already a...
  7. Boot folder on C:/ Drive

Boot folder on C:/ Drive: There is a boot folder on My C:/ Drive. Inside the boot folder, there is a .db file called alldb located in C:\Boot\sm_da. I am not familier with this folder being on this location [ATTACH] Is this a legimitate folder?...
  8. Disconnect all drives but C for 10 update?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disconnect all drives but C for 10 update?: With some update troubles that erased user data, is there any point in disconnecting all my internal drives but C when doing a version upgrade of 10 to 1909. (I'm still on 1511). submitted by /u/scion009 [link] [comments]...
  9. Moving C drive to a new drive

Moving C drive to a new drive: Hello My main C drive is starting to pack up. Is it possible to transfer my complete C drive to a new hard drive and keep my windows and all of my programs? Thank you for the help. I use windows 10 64bit....
  10. Make new C drive!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Make new C drive!: Can I do a disk image of my C drive & add to my (F) drive & make it the boot drive? Much of the video, audio & other data is stored on external HdD’s F, D & K. Very little is stored in (Documents, Downloads, Music, Pictures & Video) on the C drive. I want to eliminate...