Windows 10: booting Once from USB is OK and enough... so NOT NEEDED to Change the boot order, just boot...

Discus and support booting Once from USB is OK and enough... so NOT NEEDED to Change the boot order, just boot... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My custom Windows 10 Pro PC is based on: Registration Date: 2017-12-07 Asus PRIME Z370-Ai7 8xxx4 x 8GB DDR4GPU NVIDIA 1050 4GBI have a second NVMe and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Lse123polis, Sep 27, 2022.

1. booting Once from USB is OK and enough... so NOT NEEDED to Change the boot order, just boot...

My custom Windows 10 Pro PC is based on: Registration Date: 2017-12-07 Asus PRIME Z370-Ai7 8xxx4 x 8GB DDR4GPU NVIDIA 1050 4GBI have a second NVMe and wanted to install Windows 11 Pro as dual-boot systemAfter booting from UEFI/USB 3 Stick 16GB with Windows 11 22H2, to install Windows 11 to the second NVMe, Do I have to change the boot order, or can choose from the Boot menu the USB 3 Stick / UEFI...? In other words, I mean - Windows 11 during Installation, doesn't need to reboot a second time to USB BOOT, so booting Once from USB is OK and enough... so NOT NEEDED to Change the boot order, just

:)

Lse123polis, Sep 27, 2022
  2. Lazzer408 Win User

Booting from USB on x38 Motherboard, NOT?

Typically the USB should be listed under the hard drive boot order. Set your "Boot Device Priority" to HDD first, then set the hard drive boot order to the USB stick first.

booting Once from USB is OK and enough... so NOT NEEDED to Change the boot order, just boot... bios_asus-jpg.jpg

Lazzer408, Sep 27, 2022
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Booting from USB on x38 Motherboard, NOT?

Solved

I realised that the USB drive has to be installed before going into the BIOS and selecting it as an option!

Sasqui, Sep 27, 2022
  4. gygabite Win User

booting Once from USB is OK and enough... so NOT NEEDED to Change the boot order, just boot...

Changing boot hdd

I downloaded PartitionMagic8.0, but the partition i want to make is not bootable.
    So the system boots from the old, loud hdd, and when i unplug the old, it doesnt boot.
    Any advice or suggestions how to change boot hdd without reinstalling Winxp?

gygabite, Sep 27, 2022
Thema:

booting Once from USB is OK and enough... so NOT NEEDED to Change the boot order, just boot...

1. booting Once from USB is OK and enough... so NOT NEEDED to Change the boot order, just boot... - Similar Threads - booting Once USB

2. booting Once from USB is OK and enough... so NOT NEEDED to Change the boot order, just boot...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    booting Once from USB is OK and enough... so NOT NEEDED to Change the boot order, just boot...: My custom Windows 10 Pro PC is based on: Registration Date: 2017-12-07 Asus PRIME Z370-Ai7 8xxx4 x 8GB DDR4GPU NVIDIA 1050 4GBI have a second NVMe and wanted to install Windows 11 Pro as dual-boot systemAfter booting from UEFI/USB 3 Stick 16GB with Windows 11 22H2, to install...
  3. how to change boot order

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to change boot order: Hi, I currently have 2 bootable windows 10 hdds, 1 on C drive, 1 on E drive, currently when i restart the comp it boots into E: with C: as a secondary, however i want it to be the other way around boot to C: with E: as secondary. I tried swicthing the sata cables but it still...
  4. boot from USB to boot from NVMe?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    boot from USB to boot from NVMe?: tl;dr: My 3rd gen Thinkpad X1 Carbon has a NVMe M.2 slot for a SSD and can read and write from it, but due to an exclusivity agreement with Samsung (who failed to honor it anyways) the BIOS refuses to boot from NVMe drives (on older firmware versions you could glitch the...
  5. Boot order

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Boot order: Hello, BIOS (legacy type) is supposedly is able to edit the [I]boot order[I] but mine refused to do it, nothing happens. I'd like to put the CD drive in the first place, so my machine would be able to boot from it. I need it because the created rescue discs configured so....
  6. need to boot from usb but no option

need to boot from usb but no option: there is no boot from usb option on my HP desktop.. Tried F2, didnt work. there is no "disable secure boot" Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-to-boot-from-usb-but-no-option/118426ff-ef26-48be-b677-a61bce024ebe
  7. Correct boot order for USB stick

Correct boot order for USB stick: Hello. Im having a problem booting into my USB stick from my BIOS. Im not sure what correct boot order for an USB stick is.. Im using an MSI B250M PRO-VDH Motherboard. My current boot order is like this: [ATTACH]My USB name is INTENSO [ATTACH]When I try to boot from my...
  8. Changing Boot Order

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing Boot Order: Having found my way into the BIOS to change the boot order I am faced with 4 options. Which one do I select? I want the PC to call first on a USB Recovery Drive, created with Macrium Reflect. Should I go back to BIOS to make a note of the options and list them here, as I...
  9. Boot Order?

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot Order?: Hello If the pc BIOS is set such that the very first device to boot from is a usb stick, what happens if there is no usb stick ? Will it “automatically” go to the second device (presumably a normal boot) ? Thanks, Bob 99882
  10. Windows Doesn't boot without boot disk. Changes the boot order no luck

Windows Doesn't boot without boot disk. Changes the boot order no luck: Did a re install with boot disk, not when the computers boots, its asking for the boot disk. I tried changing the startup order in the Bios having the HDD with windows installed on it as the First, but it still will not load without the boot disk. 103288