Windows 10: Booting option does not show up

Discus and support Booting option does not show up in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; installed window 10 in partition c and window 7 in partition D on my pc on same disc but window 7 boot option does not show up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Mahender Singh Kharb, Jun 12, 2020.

1. Booting option does not show up

installed window 10 in partition c and window 7 in partition D on my pc on same disc but window 7 boot option does not show up

:)

Mahender Singh Kharb, Jun 12, 2020
  2. Josef Bri Win User

Re: All boot options are tried...

Hi Elda,

If the boot sequence didn't work, then we suggest try running the laptop in safe mode. To do this, here's a few steps to follow:

• Power down your laptop.
    • Turn it back on again.
    • When you turn it back on, press F8 repeatedly until the power on option appeared.
    • If you see the boot option "Safe Mode with Networking", choose that option.
    • See if you can boot up in Safe mode.

We'll look forward to your response.

Josef Bri, Jun 13, 2020
  3. ram93 Win User
    laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Jun 13, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Booting option does not show up

PC shows Automatic Repair screen after booting

Hi,

Thank you for replying.

Refer the steps mentioned below to restart the computer in Safe Mode:

1. On the Choose an option screen, click on Troubleshoot.
    2. Click on Advanced options.
    3. Click on StartupSettings and click on
      Restart.
    4. After the device restarts, you will see list of options. Select option
      5 or press F5 to boot the computer into
      Safe Mode with Networking

After restarting the computer in Safe mode, refer the steps mentioned in my earlier response to perform clean boot and see if the PC boots normally.

If the computer doesn't boot,
    I would also suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the section
    Use installation media to restore your PC from the article
    Recovery options in Windows 10

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 13, 2020
Thema:

Booting option does not show up

1. Booting option does not show up - Similar Threads - Booting option does

2. USB boot option does not show

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB boot option does not show: I have an HP All-in-One 3420 I'm trying to use an USB to install Windows and I went to the boot device and it does not give me the option to boot from a USB how do I fix that, do I have to boot from USB or can I turn on computer then install the USB?...
  3. USB boot option does not show

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB boot option does not show: I have an HP All-in-One 3420 I'm trying to use an USB to install Windows and I went to the boot device and it does not give me the option to boot from a USB how do I fix that, do I have to boot from USB or can I turn on computer then install the USB?...
  4. USB boot option does not show

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Why is windows boot manager not showing up in my boot options?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is windows boot manager not showing up in my boot options?: I try to boot my computer and it says reboot and select proper boot device. When I go to my bios what usually shows windows boot manager along with my ssd and hdd isn’t there. Now it is only showing my ssd and hdd and neither are being able to boot....
  6. Why is windows boot manager not showing up in my boot options?

Why is windows boot manager not showing up in my boot options?: I try to boot my computer and it says reboot and select proper boot device. When I go to my bios what usually shows windows boot manager along with my ssd and hdd isn’t there. Now it is only showing my ssd and hdd and neither are being able to boot....
  7. Why is windows boot manager not showing up in my boot options?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Windows 11 Does Not Show Up As A Boot Option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Does Not Show Up As A Boot Option: So i had windows 11 on my old pc on a ssd and gave that computer away but took my ssd and put it in my new system which had windows 10 preinstalled so i connect the ssd and it shows up fine in file manager and i can read and write from it but i cant boot to windows 11 i even...
  9. Windows 11 Does Not Show Up As A Boot Option

Windows 11 Does Not Show Up As A Boot Option: So i had windows 11 on my old pc on a ssd and gave that computer away but took my ssd and put it in my new system which had windows 10 preinstalled so i connect the ssd and it shows up fine in file manager and i can read and write from it but i cant boot to windows 11 i even...
  10. Windows will show up in Setup Boot but not in Boot Options

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows will show up in Setup Boot but not in Boot Options: Hello I own a Dell Inspiron and I fiddled through Boot options a few hours prior and when i went to boot my computer it shows IPV4, Windows still shows up in Setup Boot but it is not there in Boot Options...