Windows 10: Booting problem after changing to uefi

Discus and support Booting problem after changing to uefi in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After converting mbr to gpt using third party app and changing it to uefi from bios, the system is showing "reboot and select proper boot device or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Melbin Shiju, Sep 10, 2020.

1. Booting problem after changing to uefi

After converting mbr to gpt using third party app and changing it to uefi from bios, the system is showing "reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key" then i change uefi and kept as default, then also it is not working

:)

Melbin Shiju, Sep 10, 2020
  2. Kbird Win User

UEFI Boot problem after bcedit command

Have you ever set up TPM on this Laptop ?

What is a TPM, and Why Does Windows Need One For Disk Encryption?

Windows Trusted Platform Module Management Step-by-Step Guide

The manual I found suggests that CD/DVD is the default option for boot device for the Computer but can be changed to USB etc in the Boot Options, but I guess you don't see that? It does say to turn off Fastboot , if trying to use DOS CD's however my guess is they mean if it is MBR based and not UEFI , so best to disable it anyway and transfer the Win10 ISO Files after mounting it , to a Fat32 formatted USB Drive which should be set Active as well with MTPW.

KB

Kbird, Sep 10, 2020
  3. ram93 Win User
    laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Sep 10, 2020
  4. Booting problem after changing to uefi

How to change a legacy Boot W10 diskt to use UEFI Boot

Hi all,

I would like to modernize my well running W10 by changing the boot process to UEFI (Reason: Using NVmE SSDs or GPT sized disk). Because the system has many well configured apps used day by day a clean install would be the least favorable choice.

So my questions are:

• Is it possible to patch a fully installed and featured W10 from legacy boot to UEFI boot? And how?
    • If possible: does a patched system needs a new activation (Its a migrated W10 from W7)?
    BTW: I have already read lots of post dealing with UEFI. But I didn't find any usable answer yet.

TIA and best regards.

Jörg Debus, Sep 10, 2020
Thema:

Booting problem after changing to uefi

1. Booting problem after changing to uefi - Similar Threads - Booting problem changing

2. UEFI pxe boot problem with WDS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UEFI pxe boot problem with WDS: Hello all,Recently, we purchased gigabyte H510M S2P motherboards and I could not enable legacybios mode to install windows from WDS server. When i enable CSM on mitherboard to boot with bios it hangs on bios boot screen, so I enabled network stack to be able to boot from uefi...
  3. UEFI pxe boot problem with WDS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UEFI pxe boot problem with WDS: Hello all,Recently, we purchased gigabyte H510M S2P motherboards and I could not enable legacybios mode to install windows from WDS server. When i enable CSM on mitherboard to boot with bios it hangs on bios boot screen, so I enabled network stack to be able to boot from uefi...
  4. Windows 11 UEFI boot problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 UEFI boot problem: Hello, so i downloaded an Windows 11 ISO installation, that i copied to an usb with RUFUS, i selected GPT since my NVME is GBP capable. In BIOS i have enabled secure booting and TPM 2.0, i have a Gigabyte H410 motherboard, so my main problem is that after i begin the...
  5. HELP!!! UEFI boot problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HELP!!! UEFI boot problem: HELP!!! UEFI boot is slower than legacy boot I had freshly installed windows 10 in my hp 15-be020tu notebook . Before installing iso in uefi mode ,i had install windows 10 in legacy mode and that was atleast booting a bit faster and apps were working faster . But when i...
  6. HELP!!! UEFI boot problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HELP!!! UEFI boot problem: I had freshly installed windows 10 in my hp 15-be020tu notebook . Before installing iso in uefi mode ,i had install windows 10 in legacy mode and that was atleast booting a bit faster and apps were working faster . But when i shifted to uefi mode my laptop started to boot...
  7. Have a Real Problem With Changing the BOOT from Legacy to UEFI

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Have a Real Problem With Changing the BOOT from Legacy to UEFI: Hi I'd appreciate some help with changing how my machine boots. Soon I hope to install Windows 10 Pro onto a new hard drive. The existing HD with Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (that I still need for a good 9 months yet) will be used via external USB adaptor. The new...
  8. UEFI boot problem

UEFI boot problem: [ATTACH] Hi everybody, I recently ordered a laptop Acer Nitro 5 from an online shop in spain and i got it today. Very excited, i turn it on and it gives me as shown in the picture. I already a bootable usb with windows 10 on it but there is only UEFI boot mode i...
  9. UEFI Drive/Boot problem

UEFI Drive/Boot problem: My W10 system WAS running fine (Gigabyte Mobo) with a UEFI SSD boot drive UNTIL I had a problem where I lost all boot. I think it was a SATA cable problem, but it is now resolved. HOWEVER, in the process I no longer boot in UEFI, but into Win Boot Manager. UEFI is selected in...
  10. UEFI Boot problem after bcedit command

UEFI Boot problem after bcedit command: I 'm afraid that I've made a mess in the UEFI of my laptop, that can't be fixed. The history is the following: I had a dual boot setup, Windows 10 and Ubuntu, but I wasn't using the linux for a long time. Now I will need to use it again, so I decided to remove the old one...