Windows 10: Booting Problem

Discus and support Booting Problem in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hello Have an xps 8900. Dell 2 yr old. Normal setup, nothing fancy. Since hanging up during an automatic MS update, all I get now is a blank... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Robert11, Dec 5, 2017.

1. Robert11 Win User

Booting Problem

Hello
    Have an xps 8900. Dell
    2 yr old.
    Normal setup, nothing fancy.

Since hanging up during an automatic MS update, all I get now is a blank screen. No safe mode either.

Only F12 works by the pressing during starting. No other F key works. Or anything else it seems.

I do have a Repair Disk I made when I got the pc. Think it has the Full Image and W10 on it.

Question please: Any way of forcing a Boot of the cd during startup ?

Changing the boot order under
    F12/Settings does not work.

And, any way to get to the other F
    keys via F12 ?

Would like to do a full image, etc. re-install which I think you can do from F11. I do have most everything backed up.

Much thanks,
    Bob

:)

Robert11, Dec 5, 2017

2. Soft upd

R/ friends,

Nokia 5230 not properly boot OR started so plz solve the problem

Regards:-

MODERATOR'S NOTE:

We would like to inform you that we have removed your personal details (e.g. full name, mobile number, email address) as it is unwise to publish personal details on forums like this.

booting---01, Dec 5, 2017
  3. another booting problem

Don't try the leaked PR1.2.. I know no one knows for sure when PR1.2 will actually be released, but from some info they're in the last stages of testing.. so may be very soon..

Is your phone booting now and are you still having widget problems?

did you reflash anything?

There could be an underlying hardware problem

If it is booting and you notice something odd or bad.. try this:

Open an x terminal and run

dmesg > MyDocs/dmesg.txt

Then using USB pull the file dmesg.txt off your phone and reply here adding that file as an attachment..

cpitchford, Dec 5, 2017
  4. RolandJS Win User

Booting Problem

Can you get to the UEFI oor BIOS? If yes, you can change boot priority/boot order to have USBs first, CD/DVDs second, internal HD 3rd.

RolandJS, Dec 6, 2017
  5. run the dell offline onboard diags pal,

unning Dell Pre-boot System Assessment or enhanced Pre-boot System Assessment (Dell PSA or ePSA)

Dell ePSA or PSA diagnostics are available on Dell laptops, desktops, servers and Windows-based tablets.

• Restart your Dell PC.
    • When the Dell logo appears, press F12 key to enter One-time Boot Menu.
    • Use the arrow keys to select Diagnostics and press Enter key on the keyboard.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts and respond appropriately to complete the diagnostics.
      If the test fails, write down the error code and validation code.

kingtez1984, Dec 7, 2017
  6. zbook New Member
    1) Create a bootable Windows 10 iso:
    Download Windows 10
    2) See if you can boot to the iso
    Try both USB3 and USB2 ports.
    If you can boot to the iso you then will have options in the windows 10 iso advanced troubleshooting menu (restore, startup repair, command prompt, image, etc.)

3) This is Kyhi boot recovery:
    Windows 10 Recovery Tools - Bootable Rescue Disk - Windows 10 Forums
    Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect Backup Restore Tutorials

4) To check hardware you could use the Kyhi boot recovery followed by HD Sentinel.

5) Other options include checking MB / DIMM /MB with Memtest86 + version 5.01
    Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

6) Another option is the check Windows versus hardware by booting with Ubuntu/Linux
    Ubuntu tutorials

zbook, Dec 12, 2017
  7. Bastet Win User
    I too had the black/blank screen after the recent CU, I started in safe mode but it either appeared to not restart or I still had the black screen problem, I restarted again & received the safe mode choices which worked. When the blank screen happens I go to safe mode & uninstall the nVidia graphics driver & did this but it didn’t work to clear the problem, I restarted again & all worked.
    *Banghead

Bastet, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Booting Problem

1. Booting Problem - Similar Threads - Booting Problem

2. MS tech can't fix my Win 11 problem - can I set up dual boot and will I have access to all...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS tech can't fix my Win 11 problem - can I set up dual boot and will I have access to all...: Problem - tiny text at top of screen and all popups.Spent over 7 hrs with 8 different MS Win 11 tech people and problem not solved.Would like to set up dual boot to Linux - if so, will I have access to all my files AND programs?If Linux solves the problem, can I then delete...
  3. MS tech can't fix my Win 11 problem - can I set up dual boot and will I have access to all...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS tech can't fix my Win 11 problem - can I set up dual boot and will I have access to all...: Problem - tiny text at top of screen and all popups.Spent over 7 hrs with 8 different MS Win 11 tech people and problem not solved.Would like to set up dual boot to Linux - if so, will I have access to all my files AND programs?If Linux solves the problem, can I then delete...
  4. Lenovo Ideapad laptop does not boot. Using command line to fix the problem results in...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lenovo Ideapad laptop does not boot. Using command line to fix the problem results in...: My LenovoIdeapad 3 laptop bluescreened and now cannot boot to windows. Startup repair does not work. I have tried following command line instructions, for example here https://www.yourwindowsguide.com/2021/09/recovery-options-in-windows-11.html#.YgnrtYhBzIWHowever when trying...
  5. Lenovo Ideapad laptop does not boot. Using command line to fix the problem results in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo Ideapad laptop does not boot. Using command line to fix the problem results in...: My LenovoIdeapad 3 laptop bluescreened and now cannot boot to windows. Startup repair does not work. I have tried following command line instructions, for example here https://www.yourwindowsguide.com/2021/09/recovery-options-in-windows-11.html#.YgnrtYhBzIWHowever when trying...
  6. Lenovo Ideapad laptop does not boot. Using command line to fix the problem results in...

7. Problems activating secure boot for Win 11 upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems activating secure boot for Win 11 upgrade: Hi,since the support for Win 10 is ending, I wanted to upgrade my dad's PC from Win 10 to Win 11. I have enabled the TPM chip in BIOS and wanted to do the same for Secure Boot which is required, but couldn't turn off the compatibility mode CSM I believe, turning it off is a...
  8. Problems activating secure boot for Win 11 upgrade

Problems activating secure boot for Win 11 upgrade: Hi,since the support for Win 10 is ending, I wanted to upgrade my dad's PC from Win 10 to Win 11. I have enabled the TPM chip in BIOS and wanted to do the same for Secure Boot which is required, but couldn't turn off the compatibility mode CSM I believe, turning it off is a...
  9. Dual boot Win10/Win11 system install problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual boot Win10/Win11 system install problem: Hi all, I acquired a new laptop about 6 months ago and want to add Win10 as a dual boot option but I keep hitting a point where I need a little clarity but have not been able to find any discussion on the subject.I follow all the instructions set out in this and other...
  10. Dual boot Win10/Win11 system install problem

Dual boot Win10/Win11 system install problem: Hi all, I acquired a new laptop about 6 months ago and want to add Win10 as a dual boot option but I keep hitting a point where I need a little clarity but have not been able to find any discussion on the subject.I follow all the instructions set out in this and other...