Windows 10: Booting problems during a update

Discus and support Booting problems during a update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I was manually installing the 1909 update and in the middle of it shut down and didn't continue the update and I couldn't find windows, users, or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ethanwhat, Apr 17, 2020.

1. Ethanwhat Win User

Booting problems during a update

I was manually installing the 1909 update and in the middle of it shut down and didn't continue the update and I couldn't find windows, users, or perflogs in the directory. I've also tried making a media installation flash drive and it continued the download to 71% and shut down again and now I can't get the flash drive to continue the download again.

:)

Ethanwhat, Apr 17, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Apr 17, 2020
  3. ram93 Win User
    laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Apr 17, 2020
  4. GNJha Win User

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Apr 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Booting problems during a update - Similar Threads - Booting problems during

2. MSFS boot failed during update check step. Loading Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSFS boot failed during update check step. Loading Problem: Hello! ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------My system specs are: OC: Windows 11 Pro l 21H2 l 22000.2176Processor: Ryzen 5 3600 Video Card: RTX 3070 GameRock 8GB MotherBoard: Aorus Elite...
  3. MSFS boot failed during update check step. Loading Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MSFS boot failed during update check step. Loading Problem: Hello! ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------My system specs are: OC: Windows 11 Pro l 21H2 l 22000.2176Processor: Ryzen 5 3600 Video Card: RTX 3070 GameRock 8GB MotherBoard: Aorus Elite...
  4. Boot problem during laptop reset and white screen during safe mode

Boot problem during laptop reset and white screen during safe mode: Hi everyone!I was trying to reset my laptop with the reset tool in the windows 10 update settings, but after I did so, I couldn't get past the welcome screen saying that it couldn't connect to the server. I tried to follow some youtube tutorials, but to no avail. While doing...
  5. Boot problem during laptop reset and white screen during safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Boot problem during laptop reset and white screen during safe mode: Hi everyone!I was trying to reset my laptop with the reset tool in the windows 10 update settings, but after I did so, I couldn't get past the welcome screen saying that it couldn't connect to the server. I tried to follow some youtube tutorials, but to no avail. While doing...
  6. Boot problem during laptop reset and white screen during safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Computer won't boot up, seems to be a problem during update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer won't boot up, seems to be a problem during update: When I boot up my computer, an i7 notebook from HP out of warranty, it fails and takes me to the trouble shooting menu. It's got 16 Gb RAM, 500 Gb SSD, i7 6th Gen, and an Nvidea graphics card.I tried running the startup diagnostics, but it fails to run. I ran the BIOS...
  8. Computer won't boot up, seems to be a problem during update

Computer won't boot up, seems to be a problem during update: When I boot up my computer, an i7 notebook from HP out of warranty, it fails and takes me to the trouble shooting menu. It's got 16 Gb RAM, 500 Gb SSD, i7 6th Gen, and an Nvidea graphics card.I tried running the startup diagnostics, but it fails to run. I ran the BIOS...
  9. Computer won't boot up, seems to be a problem during update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Problem during update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem during update: I was doing a windows update this afternoon and my laptop froze while the computer was closing apps in the background. I evenually did a control/alt/delete to restart it and now it wont boot up! The laptop is powered on but I have a black screen for the past 2 hours......

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 update problem boot