Windows 10: Booting problems on Windows 10:. Get the message that the file...

Discus and support Booting problems on Windows 10:. Get the message that the file... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi I was one of those who befitted from Microsoft's offer in 2015 and converted my Windows 7 to 10, so I have no CD or USB installation material.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Frank ANR, Nov 22, 2020.

1. Frank ANR Win User

Booting problems on Windows 10:. Get the message that the file...

Hi

I was one of those who befitted from Microsoft's offer in 2015 and converted my Windows 7 to 10, so I have no CD or USB installation material.

When I try to boot the Windows 10 I get the error message that the file winload.exe located in the System32 directory under Windows is missing or damaged. Error code: 0xc000000e

Due to this problem my hard drive with the 10 was removed from the computer replaced with an operational disk and is now installed in a USB case, accessible as an external drive.

What do I do? When I have access to the Windows disk as an external one, is there any solution there replacing files/file systems?

Regards
    Frank,
    Norway

:)

Frank ANR, Nov 22, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 22, 2020
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Nov 22, 2020
  4. P4-630 Win User

windows 10 boot problems

I had windows 10 installed on my old laptop, I also had a boot problem, but my HDD just stopped spinning and I was unable to load windows.
    It still had the Asus factory recovery partition which I used to reinstall windows 7.
    I found out that my HDD was fine in windows 7, nothing wrong with it, staying with windows 7 SP1 on this laptop and I stay with windows 8.1 on my main laptop.
    No windows 10 for me!

P4-630, Nov 22, 2020
Thema:

1. Booting problems on Windows 10:. Get the message that the file... - Similar Threads - Booting problems message

2. upon booting get message No operating system

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    upon booting get message No operating system: after an upgrade desktop boots but stops with message NO operating system https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upon-booting-get-message-no-operating-system/af2afb19-7646-464a-808b-c57608b1b70d
  3. Windows 10 : Strange message at boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 : Strange message at boot: I installed a new disk on my laptop old one died and decided to do a "clean" install of Windows 10. I downloaded the .iso directly from Microsoft and after some work, I got it running. I still am getting the following screen on boot up.How do I get rid of this ?...
  4. Windows 10 : Strange message at boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 : Strange message at boot: I installed a new disk on my laptop old one died and decided to do a "clean" install of Windows 10. I downloaded the .iso directly from Microsoft and after some work, I got it running. I still am getting the following screen on boot up.How do I get rid of this ?...
  5. Windows 10 : Strange message at boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Booting problems on Windows 10: Error message that the file \Windows\system32\winload.exe...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Booting problems on Windows 10: Error message that the file \Windows\system32\winload.exe...: Hi When I try to boot the Windows 10 I get the error message that the file winload.exe in the System32 directory under Windows is missing or damaged. Error code: 0xc000000e Due to this problem I removed the 10 disk from my computer replaced it with an operational disk and...
  7. Booting problems on Windows 10: Error message that the file \Windows\system32\winload.exe...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Booting problems on Windows 10: Error message that the file \Windows\system32\winload.exe...: Hi When I try to boot the Windows 10 I get the error message that the file winload.exe in the System32 directory under Windows is missing or damaged. Error code: 0xc000000e Due to this problem my hard drive with the 10 was removed from the computer replaced with an...
  8. Booting problems on Windows 10:. Get the message that the file...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Booting problems on Windows 10:. Get the message that the file...: Hi I was one of those who befitted from Microsoft's offer in 2015 and converted my Windows 7 to 10, so I have no CD or USB installation material. When I try to boot the Windows 10 I get the error message that the file winload.exe located in the System32 directory under...
  9. Getting windows boot problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Getting windows boot problem: So im getting this errorcode 0xc0000001 when i try to boot up my laptop, and could not repair it with the auto repair, the screen just turns black. And loops eternally Is there any way to fix this without downloading an iso file? submitted by /u/sirver_49 [link]...
  10. Error message in booting windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error message in booting windows 10: Hi, I am getting this error message windows/system32/osloader.efi is missing or corrupted.Please proceed with startup repair https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-message-in-booting-windows-10/3bfaf1cb-5e62-4008-adc4-995f28cea203