Windows 10: Booting process

Discus and support Booting process in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; when is the dora process initiated during booting and at what stage Also can i get a detailed explanation of the booting process with all the network... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KeshavKapruwan, Nov 4, 2020.

1. Booting process

when is the dora process initiated during booting
    and at what stage

Also can i get a detailed explanation of the booting process with all the network related files used

:)

KeshavKapruwan, Nov 4, 2020
  2. GNJha Win User

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Nov 4, 2020
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Windows 10 Boot process

The best explanation I have read is this link on Quora, it explains each step of the boot process in detail. While it does not list all
    the files executed - this would be not be the same on different systems, it does give an in depth explanation

Another thing you might like to look up is the difference in booting a BIOS based system as opposed to a UEFI based system -

Click HERE
    for a good article

DaveM121, Nov 4, 2020
  4. ram93 Win User

Booting process

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Nov 4, 2020
Thema:

Booting process

1. Booting process - Similar Threads - Booting process

2. Windows 11 Reset Process - Stuck in a Boot Loop Please help me with any fixes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Reset Process - Stuck in a Boot Loop Please help me with any fixes: Wanted to Reset my ASUS TUF FX505GD for a fresh install of Windows and proceeded with the method thru the Settings > Reset > Reinstall Windows from Local Copy.This went on fine with my reset and then during the install phase at around 64%, it randomly took me to the UEFI/BIOS...
  3. Windows 11 Reset Process - Stuck in a Boot Loop Please help me with any fixes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Reset Process - Stuck in a Boot Loop Please help me with any fixes: Wanted to Reset my ASUS TUF FX505GD for a fresh install of Windows and proceeded with the method thru the Settings > Reset > Reinstall Windows from Local Copy.This went on fine with my reset and then during the install phase at around 64%, it randomly took me to the UEFI/BIOS...
  4. Stuck in boot loop, critical process died error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in boot loop, critical process died error: For the past few weeks my computer has been stuck unable to boot. The only error message I've gotten is "CRITICAL PROCESS DIED" but I've tried almost every suggested method I can find to no avail. System restore doesn't appear to affect the correct drive, when I try to reset...
  5. Stuck in boot loop, critical process died error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck in boot loop, critical process died error: For the past few weeks my computer has been stuck unable to boot. The only error message I've gotten is "CRITICAL PROCESS DIED" but I've tried almost every suggested method I can find to no avail. System restore doesn't appear to affect the correct drive, when I try to reset...
  6. Stuck in boot loop, critical process died error

7. hp recovery during boot process

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hp recovery during boot process: Hi When I turn on computer, it show message as belowHp recoveryno operating system was found on this system.do you want to reinstall the operating system, enter the 4-digit code shownWhen I enter ESC button, it will login windows system, but how can I ignore the message...
  8. hp recovery during boot process

hp recovery during boot process: Hi When I turn on computer, it show message as belowHp recoveryno operating system was found on this system.do you want to reinstall the operating system, enter the 4-digit code shownWhen I enter ESC button, it will login windows system, but how can I ignore the message...
  9. hp recovery during boot process

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Critical process died & boot device not found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Critical process died & boot device not found: Hi everyone, I recently update windows 11 I believe in October and since then I have had issues with starting my laptop a HP laptop. Most of the time I try to start the laptop it says the stop code is 'Critical process died'. It then restarts and takes me to a black page that...