Windows 10: Booting Queries in Lenovo G5070 on Windows 10

Discus and support Booting Queries in Lenovo G5070 on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a Lenovo Laptop G50 70 with Windows 10 Home Single Language 1511 10586 installed on it. Today I had burned a DVD on my Laptop with Pro Version... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ashok Kumar Bag, Dec 15, 2015.

1. Booting Queries in Lenovo G5070 on Windows 10

I have a Lenovo Laptop G50 70 with Windows 10 Home Single Language 1511 10586 installed on it.
    Today I had burned a DVD on my Laptop with Pro Version of Windows 10 (Bootable ISO)
    After the burning of the DVD was complete, I wanted to test the booting function of recently created Pro version of Windows 10 on my laptop but it failed to boot.
    After I had disabled the "Secure Boot" in bios , I got into the message "press any key to boot from dvd" which I did but this time again it failed to boot .
    I want to know why the booting did not take place? Was it because I was booting a Pro version of Windows 10 on a laptop running Home version of Windows 10.?
    Can someone explain me how the booting of UEFI Mode takes place vis a vis MBR?
    Also can I burn a bootable dvd on desktop PC or anywhere else, and use it on my Laptop as the installation media? My Desktop PC is an old one having MBR booting system.
    Are there any limitations of DVD burned on an MBR system not booting into a Laptop having UEFI Mode?
    Please help me understand how does it happen and what are parameters to keep in mind while burning a bootable DVD?
    Thanks for help
    Ashok

:)

Ashok Kumar Bag, Dec 15, 2015

2. brightness button not working

after i installed windows 10 brightness button not working on my pc lenovo g5070 please give suggestion

HITESHKUMAR_804, Dec 15, 2015
  3. hanging of pc

after installing windows 10 in my pc lenovo g5070 it hangs and lags at regular interval while playing media. regular glitching occurs while playing media. i installed a wifi hotspot software ostoto hotspot when i start that software while playing media
    then media hangs and lags. please give me some appropriate suggestion.

HITESHKUMAR_804, Dec 15, 2015
  4. dalchina New Member

Booting Queries in Lenovo G5070 on Windows 10

Hi, sounds more like there's a problem either with your drive or the disc. Do you have any other boot disks, and do any work?

The ISO determines what's burnt to the disk, not the configuration of your laptop, so you can burn it wherever you like.

You could check your DVD format with e.g. CDcheck (freeware).
    CDCheck - CD checking and recovery software

dalchina, Dec 15, 2015
  5. Mr Dalchina thanks for response. But the same dvd boots on my Desktop PC. I burned this DVD with Roxio . Other DVDs with the version 10240 also did.
    Could ISO which I burned have some limitations on it?
    Should I disable the UEFI mode in bios of my laptop and try once again?
    I will also check the dvd with CDCheck.
    Which is the best Burning Software other than Nero, Roxio and Power2Go which allows me to burn data disc with long file names? In Nero you get the alert for long file names but you can choose to ignore/skip which is very good for me. But in Power2Go you get the alert but You cannot ignore, you will have to shorten the file name and start afresh.If again you get the alert for some other file name, do it repeatedly for hours until all files are compatible with Power2Go. This is harassing. Therefore please suggest me some good burning software which allows me long file names and also where i can burn Secure Disc (Password Protected).
    Thanks for help
    Ashok

Ashok Kumar Bag, Dec 16, 2015
  6. dalchina New Member
    Hmm, your boot priority is clearly ok, as your disk is seen on boot.
    If the disk boots on another PC, that should hopefully be fine.
    Have you checked the Lenovo forum? I'm not familiar with UEFI as my laptop's 6 years old.. but running x64 Win 10 quite well.

Here's a good summary on the Joliet system for burning disks.
    CDBurnerXP: File System
    I can't recommend a particular program, I'm afraid- there are a lot of results for a search such as
    "long file name burning disk joliet"

For example, Ashampoo Burning Studio 2016 says:
    In addition to this you can also choose the file system you want to use for data discs and generate it directly. Supported file system options include ISO 9660 levels 1 and 2, ISO 9660 Windows (Romeo), Joliet,and UDF (1.02, 1.5, 2.50, 2.60).
    Cyberlink Power2Go 9 says:
    If available, set the file system (ISO9660/Joliet, UDF 1.5, UDF 2.0, UDF 2.5, or UDF 2.6) you want the disc to have.
    It does support Secure disk.

dalchina, Dec 16, 2015
  7. My DVD boots properly in my Desktop Pc. Also the same dvd works fine within the OS of laptop.Therefore there is no problem with the ISO.
    After having checked this dvd on PC, I once again reviewed everything and this time i made the following changes to the bios:-
    1 Security Disabled
    2 Legacy Boot enabled
    3 Boot priority set to Legacy First
    4 Dvd Rom first Booting device

After having done the above changes, this time my dvd with Windows10 Pro booted properly in my laptop.
    Anyway , thanks for taking time and interest on my problem
    Ashok

Ashok Kumar Bag, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Booting Queries in Lenovo G5070 on Windows 10

1. Booting Queries in Lenovo G5070 on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Booting Queries Lenovo

2. Installing Driver on Lenovo Vantage Query

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing Driver on Lenovo Vantage Query: Hi everyone, I went onto the Lenovo Vantage app and clicked 'check for updates' and the app said downloading and then installing. It turns out it had installed NVIDIA VGA DRIVER, but I didn't find that out until it prompted me to restart and then I went back to the Vantage...
  3. Installing Driver on Lenovo Vantage Query

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing Driver on Lenovo Vantage Query: Hi everyone, I went onto the Lenovo Vantage app and clicked 'check for updates' and the app said downloading and then installing. It turns out it had installed NVIDIA VGA DRIVER, but I didn't find that out until it prompted me to restart and then I went back to the Vantage...
  4. Lenovo laptop with Windows 10 won't boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo laptop with Windows 10 won't boot: We have a Lenovo Z710 that has been running W10 for several years, with the periodic updates. It has not booted for the past couple weeks. Normal power on slowly gives a "preparing automatic repair" message. Start-up with the novo button gets it to the novo menu normal...
  5. Lenovo laptop with Windows 10 won't boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lenovo laptop with Windows 10 won't boot: We have a Lenovo Z710 that has been running W10 for several years, with the periodic updates. It has not booted for the past couple weeks. Normal power on slowly gives a "preparing automatic repair" message. Start-up with the novo button gets it to the novo menu normal...
  6. Boot query

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Boot query: Hi. Trust in right forum. Help required. I've just upgraded a friends Desktop PC Dell E5430 by replacing 500 GB HDD with 1 TB Samsung EVO 860 SSD. Limited problems doing this. On boot I get what can only be described as an EasyBCD boot screen - I have this program on...
  7. Windows dual boot query

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows dual boot query: I was looking to dual boot windows 10 pro and linux. During some searches I read that doing this can cause windows update failures. I want to know is it true. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-dual-boot-query/cfa6d779-5505-4fd3-a9d6-916b3f7eb141
  8. Lenovo Laptop with Windows 10 Prof not booting

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Lenovo Laptop with Windows 10 Prof not booting: My Lenovo Laptop with Windows 10 Professional is not booting and gets stuck at the first Logo Screen. How do I reformat the hard drive to freshly re-install Windows 10 with my Windows 10 installation DVD? Existing data on the hard drive not to be saved. Please help urgently....
  9. Trouble booting into Windows 10 on Lenovo laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Trouble booting into Windows 10 on Lenovo laptop: ​I'm having trouble logging into my computer (Windows 10 - Lenovo laptop). I was bypassing the password but periodically I have to change it. I have forgotten the pw so I can't get in. I thought I could go into safe mode to fix it, but having trouble with that. I thought...
  10. Windows 10 queries

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 queries: Hi My apologies if these queries have been addressed previously but a brief search of the fora failed to satisfy them. Questions: 1. I updated Win7 ultimate in Aug 2015 to Win 10 pro. Is the Win 7 registration key stored on my computer and where can I find it's...