Windows 10: Booting Remote PC using Remote Desktop?

Discus and support Booting Remote PC using Remote Desktop? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a remote PC (W10 Pro) and it is connected to my local house network by WiFi. It controls some equipment in a remote shed, and normally does not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BlueAstra, Mar 9, 2021.

1. BlueAstra Win User

Booting Remote PC using Remote Desktop?

I have a remote PC (W10 Pro) and it is connected to my local house network by WiFi. It controls some equipment in a remote shed, and normally does not have a monitor/keyboard or mouse connected to it. I would like to switch it on in the shed (possibly using an internet mains switch), return to the house, and control it via remote desktop from the house PC (W10 Pro, ver 1909) over WiFi network link. If I connect a monitor/keyboard/mouse to the remote computer, it boots up but I have to enter a password to complete the boot into windows. I can then go to the house and take control of it by remote desktop. I would like to just switch on the remote PC (with no monitor/kbd/mouse), go to the house and connect by remote desktop to control it. However, when I try it without peripherals I think its hanging at the password entry because the house PC will not connect to the remote PC using remote desktop, and it does not appear in the network list. Is there a way of booting the remote PC (with no monitor/kbd/mouse) into windows by power on only, without any user intervention, so I can then control it via remote desktop from the house PC?

:)

BlueAstra, Mar 9, 2021

2. Remote Desktop

Okay guys need some help here before going crazy...
    I am trying to setup a remote desktop connection and see exactly what the logged on user is looking at with out going through Windows Remote Desktop.

Since its local network I don't have any password or want to setup a password.

Any suggestions are appreciated

kikicoco1334, Mar 9, 2021
  3. remote desktop

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please help me with the below details to understand your issue in a better way:

1. Are you using the Microsoft remote desktop app?

If you are using the Microsoft remote desktop app downloaded from
    Microsoft store then, I suggest you to follow the steps to
    fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

If the issue still persists with the Microsoft remote desktop app, then you can contact the support team by going to the

link
    and scrolling down to the bottom and clicking on
    Microsoft remote desktop support under the Publisher info.

However, if you are using the Remote desktop connection, which comes pre-installed with Windows 10, then I suggest you to please post your question in the
    TechNet forum.

Hope it helps.

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Mar 9, 2021
  4. JoeWa24 Win User

Remote Desktop

I am trying to use the Remote Desktop but could not make it work. I tried the instructions :

• First, you'll need to set up the remote PC to allow remote connections. On the remote PC, open Settings and select System > About. Note the PC name. You'll need this later. Then, under Related settings, select System
      info.

• In the left pane of the System window, select Advanced system settings.

• On the Remote tab of the System Properties dialog box, under Remote Desktop, select Allow remote connections to this computer, and then select OK.

• but the Remote Desktop option still does not appear on my PC. Any advice?

JoeWa24, Mar 9, 2021
Thema:

1. Booting Remote PC using Remote Desktop? - Similar Threads - Booting Remote using

2. Issues using Remote Desktop Connection but not Remote Desktop App?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Issues using Remote Desktop Connection but not Remote Desktop App?: Hello, I have tried a couple of things to make Remote Desktop Connection work with no results. I verified my firewall and that Remote Desktop was checked, I pinged my works router while connected to the VPN and it works, I unchecked the "only allow connections from...
  3. Remote Desktop recurring use

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop recurring use: Hi all. I am currently using TeamViewer to help my family with their semi-regular computer needs. Regular enough, I suppose, that TeamViewer detected 'commercial use' (even though mostly what I do is install drivers and updates on my family members' computers. I cannot...
  4. Using Remote Desktop

Using Remote Desktop: I have Windows 10 home on my desktop and absolutely need to remote into it from my laptop. Apparently you can't do this with windows 10 unless you upgrade to pro which isn't free of charge. Do I need to go back to windows 8 in order to do this?...
  5. Remote Desktop Connection Unmutes Remote PC

Remote Desktop Connection Unmutes Remote PC: I use Remote Desktop Connection via a VPN from my home laptop to my work desktop, both of which are using WIN10. Whatever the sound settings are on my desktop doesn't affect my remote session. My remote session is always unmuted and always at 100% when I start it. I can mute...
  6. remote desktop

remote desktop: how to set up a windows 10 pro computer to access a windows 7 PC on same network https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/remote-desktop/c7304e30-b8f6-4a93-b146-38dcff9043b9
  7. Remote Desktop Freezes Running Remote Desktop

Remote Desktop Freezes Running Remote Desktop: I recently purchased a new laptop running Windows 10 with a 4K UHD display. I frequently use remote desktop with my laptop to connect to a Windows 10 desktop system in my home. I've been doing this for years without a problem until I upgraded my laptop to a 4K UHD display....
  8. Remote Desktop connection using PC name

Remote Desktop connection using PC name: For some reason, I cannot connect through remote desktop when using hostname. I was able to connect using IP address but our IP"s are not static. I also do not want to make it static and I was able to do it before without using IP. It just started when windows 10 UI changed...
  9. Remote Desktop

Remote Desktop: I have 3 computers and a tablet. 1 computer running XP. 1 computer running Windows 8. 1 computer and tablet running Windows 10. I can connect to any computer with any other computer and the tablet. I cannot connect to the tablet from any computer after upgrading the...
  10. Remote desktop dual boot

Remote desktop dual boot: Currently I have win 10 and win 8 dual boot, is there any way to change the boot order from remote desktop? I mean remote into win 10 and get it to restart in win 8 and vice versa? Tim 8795