Windows 10: Booting to W10 Bootable USB - Setup window is very small & unreadable

Discus and support Booting to W10 Bootable USB - Setup window is very small & unreadable in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi Everyone, I'm very new on this forum so I hope this is the correct place and way to post. I have created a bootable usb w10 installer, using an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by techquest, Feb 26, 2019.

1. techquest Win User

Booting to W10 Bootable USB - Setup window is very small & unreadable

Hi Everyone,

I'm very new on this forum so I hope this is the correct place and way to post.

I have created a bootable usb w10 installer, using an iso and Rufus.

My laptop is a dell XPS 15 9530, all the drivers are up to date and there are no hardware issue. When I use the usb pen drive at boot, using F12, the view of the W10 setup window on the screen is very small and can only just be read. The laptop has no display issues in normal use.

Does anyone have an idea as to why this is happening?

:)

techquest, Feb 26, 2019
  2. Agility Win User

Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Feb 26, 2019
  3. Andre Da Costa, Feb 26, 2019
  4. Agility Win User

Multi-bootable USB

Hey thanks solaris. I just used E2B on my USB stick and placed a Win 10 ISO inside the folder. But i could not get it to boot on my brother's PC who is running a Gigabyte GA-Z77-UP7 that has a UEFI bios setting. I've set to boot from both Legacy and UEFI boot roms but it just won't show Am i doing it wrong? The list of bootable devices does not show any USB HDD, only the lists of hard disk and SSD.

Would gladly need your help in some senization @Solaris17

Agility, Feb 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Booting to W10 Bootable USB - Setup window is very small & unreadable - Similar Threads - Booting W10 Bootable

2. Windows bootable USB stuck at the boot animation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows bootable USB stuck at the boot animation: i made a bootable USB using the media creation tool, i tried both a Windows 10 install and a Windows 11 install, none of them does work, they remain stuck at the bootanimation with the manufacturer logo, the disk activity led is on full time, but it does get turned off after...
  3. Windows bootable USB stuck at the boot animation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows bootable USB stuck at the boot animation: i made a bootable USB using the media creation tool, i tried both a Windows 10 install and a Windows 11 install, none of them does work, they remain stuck at the bootanimation with the manufacturer logo, the disk activity led is on full time, but it does get turned off after...
  4. Can't boot into bootable Windows 10 installation USB.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't boot into bootable Windows 10 installation USB.: Hello there. As the title says, I can't boot into my Windows 10 21H1 bootable usb drive with UEFI mode. I have created usbs with several methods such as Media Creation Tool, Rufus, manual etc; tried with FAT32 and NTFS, and they all had the same problem: whenever I selected...
  5. Small Network Setup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Small Network Setup: I have a router and a switch. They are connected to each other. I have 3 computers: C1, C2, C3. C1 connects to router via wireless. C2 and C3 connects to switch. Some computers use fixed IP. I can use Windows Explorer shared folder to connect between C2 and C3. I...
  6. W10 usb boot problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    W10 usb boot problem: Hello, i was trying to reinstall windows on my pc, but the bootable usb with windows 10 on it boots into a BSOD with error name "system thread exeption not handled". My SSD boots into windows fine. I tried to use the usb on another laptop and it works fine. In bios, where it...
  7. very small print

in Windows 10 Customization
    very small print: how to enlarge print https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/very-small-print/5a48e2d4-2f81-478e-b9b6-1cafb4af8b28
  8. very small icons and very small text in taskbar,

in Windows 10 Customization
    very small icons and very small text in taskbar,: Hi ,my name is Colin i have just bought a new Dell inspiron 15 model 3585,The problem i have is tiny text and icons on task bar,and when i right click on anything that text is also so very small,i might add that in settings the text size is normal size, ease of access is of...
  9. Comment on W10 small business environment proposed setup.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Comment on W10 small business environment proposed setup.: I'm an xp, w7 user with some unix experience. I know my way around computers at an intermediate level (websites, perl-php, c, ksh, java ...). I have never used w10. I've been asked by a friend to help setup his business "network". Money is an issue so that's why I'm here....
  10. Very slow boot, no usb

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Very slow boot, no usb: I just upgraded my i7, 8GB ram laptop to Windows 10 and really need help. Booting up, shutting down, and restarting are extremely slow. This laptop previously had Windows 7 and booted up much faster. I've looked at the startup folder and it is empty. I'm ready to give up and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows install window is small on dell xps 9530

2. BOOTING ON UBS W10