Windows 10: Booting to W10 Bootable USB - Setup window is very small & unreadable

Discus and support Booting to W10 Bootable USB - Setup window is very small & unreadable in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi Everyone, I'm very new on this forum so I hope this is the correct place and way to post. I have created a bootable usb w10 installer, using an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by techquest, Feb 26, 2019.

1. techquest Win User

Booting to W10 Bootable USB - Setup window is very small & unreadable

Hi Everyone,

I'm very new on this forum so I hope this is the correct place and way to post.

I have created a bootable usb w10 installer, using an iso and Rufus.

My laptop is a dell XPS 15 9530, all the drivers are up to date and there are no hardware issue. When I use the usb pen drive at boot, using F12, the view of the W10 setup window on the screen is very small and can only just be read. The laptop has no display issues in normal use.

Does anyone have an idea as to why this is happening?

:)

techquest, Feb 26, 2019
  2. Agility Win User

Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Feb 26, 2019
  3. Andre Da Costa, Feb 26, 2019
  4. Agility Win User

Multi-bootable USB

Hey thanks solaris. I just used E2B on my USB stick and placed a Win 10 ISO inside the folder. But i could not get it to boot on my brother's PC who is running a Gigabyte GA-Z77-UP7 that has a UEFI bios setting. I've set to boot from both Legacy and UEFI boot roms but it just won't show Am i doing it wrong? The list of bootable devices does not show any USB HDD, only the lists of hard disk and SSD.

Would gladly need your help in some senization @Solaris17

Agility, Feb 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Booting to W10 Bootable USB - Setup window is very small & unreadable - Similar Threads - Booting W10 Bootable

2. Bootable USB memory

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bootable USB memory: Hello, I used media creation tool to bootable my USB, while music plays, music stucked few times also as bootable proccess. After bootable proccess, used memory of my USB was 3.60-3.80 and it changed its file system back to fat32, what happened?...
  3. creating usb3 bootable windows 10 setup

creating usb3 bootable windows 10 setup: if i use 4gb 16gb or 32gb usb3 flash drives with windows 10 download tool for install on my computer it gets to 100% done then i exits it but i end up with an unformated flash drive at the end of the rocess. Why? and how to I remedy this irritating situation it has done it to...
  4. Comment on W10 small business environment proposed setup.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Comment on W10 small business environment proposed setup.: I'm an xp, w7 user with some unix experience. I know my way around computers at an intermediate level (websites, perl-php, c, ksh, java ...). I have never used w10. I've been asked by a friend to help setup his business "network". Money is an issue so that's why I'm here....
  5. Unable to boot from Bootable Norton Ghost USB

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Unable to boot from Bootable Norton Ghost USB: I have 2 Toshiba laptops and I create back up images for them. I have created a Bootable Norton Ghost USB and on 1 of the laptops this works fine. However on my 2nd laptop - newer model - I cannot boot from the same USB stick so that I can either restore an image that I...
  6. make bootable usb

make bootable usb: Hello I cannot make a bootable USB with the media creation tool. It gives error and corrupts the usb so I cannot use it anymore. It's already 3 of them. I have tried 2 USB port in the computer and it is the same. what to do. Thanks...
  7. Bootable USB drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Bootable USB drive: Hi I have been speaking to Macrium via Facebook and decided I will go for the full version and have the security of a full image if my notebook ever goes wrong.... plus they gave me a 20% discount code so that is good *Smile Just a couple of questions.... 1. I want...
  8. Bootable USB

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Bootable USB: I keep reading that to make a bootable flash drive for an ISO one needs either Rufus or the Windows tool. I told a mod that I swap the files within the ISO to the USB and it boots and he agreed that this works. I looked within the files and boot was there. When I insert the...
  9. Very slow boot, no usb

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Very slow boot, no usb: I just upgraded my i7, 8GB ram laptop to Windows 10 and really need help. Booting up, shutting down, and restarting are extremely slow. This laptop previously had Windows 7 and booted up much faster. I've looked at the startup folder and it is empty. I'm ready to give up and...
  10. Windows 10 bootable USB

Windows 10 bootable USB: Hi, I've just upgraded. I was previously on 8.1 and frequently used System Restore and Backup to generate a recovery image of my windows installation. In the event that I ever needed to restore an image, I used a bootable recovery USB - if memory serves me correctly, I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. BOOTING ON UBS W10