Windows 10: booting up on my laptop became very slow (SSD)

Discus and support booting up on my laptop became very slow (SSD) in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi guys. On my laptop Zenbook UX31A booting up Windows sometimes is painful slow. It takes almost 5 min,like it's HDD not SSD to boot up to desktop.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by frozensun, Feb 20, 2021.

1. frozensun Win User

booting up on my laptop became very slow (SSD)

Hi guys.
    On my laptop Zenbook UX31A booting up Windows sometimes is painful slow.
    It takes almost 5 min,like it's HDD not SSD to boot up to desktop.
    What would be my first step to troubleshoot this issue?
    SSD is size 114 GB and 42 GB is free.
    Thank you.

:)

frozensun, Feb 20, 2021
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Slow boot

Hi Craig,

Boot performance may slow can be due to corruptions. To assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes before this issue occur?
    • Have you tried booting up your laptop in Safe Mode and check if the issue still persist?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We're looking forward to your response.

Rose Cal, Feb 20, 2021
  3. Arjay Dom Win User
    slow ssd

Hi,

Slow SSD performance can be caused by several factors like Hybernation mode and Superfetch service.

As an initial troubleshooting step, try disabling Hibernate mode since it is unnecessary for the SSD system as it takes too much time to boot from it.

• Open Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Enter the administrator credentials once prompted.
    • In the Command Prompt window, type or copy and paste this command:

powercfg -h off
    • Press Enter.

Note: Once Hibernate is already disabled, you can also free up some space to improve its performance.

We also recommenddisabing Superfetch as one way to optimize the SSD performance:

• Press Windows key + R to open the Run
      dialog box.
    • Type services.msc and press Enter.
    • Scroll down and right-click on Superfetch.
    • Select Stop.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

*If you think this was useful, feel free to "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.*

Arjay Dom, Feb 20, 2021
  4. Amit_Sun Win User

Persistent slow boot - Windows 10 with SSD

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate the time you took for the research and perform the troubleshooting, we will need more information to troubleshoot on this issue.

1. If you could provide us with the troubleshooting that you have already performed, it will be helpful.
    2. Are you aware of any recent changes made to the system prior to this issue?

Windows could be booting up slow if there is more application to startup when Windows boot for the first time, below are few of the steps you can try.

Method 1:

1. Try to
      boot your computer into Safe Mode
      and check if it still take time.
    2. If the system boots fine then it’s the third party service or application that is causing the slow boot issue.
    3. You can try to perform
      Clean Boot
      and detect which application or service is causing this issue.
    4. On the article above search for the topic How to determine what is causing the problem after you do a clean boot
      after you have put the computer to clean boot.
    5. After you have found the cause of the issue, you can search for other steps on the same article
      Reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting.

Method 2:

If you still face the issue you can check the article

Tips to improve PC performance in Windows 10

To keep you informed the last topic contacts
    Reset your PC,
    I suggest you not to reset your PC, as resetting your PC will revert the system back to previous OS that you upgraded from and you will lose Application installed on the system.

If you still face the issue, reply to this post with more information.

Hope it helps.

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Feb 20, 2021
Thema:

1. booting up on my laptop became very slow (SSD) - Similar Threads - booting laptop became

2. My computer became very slow after BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer became very slow after BSOD: Hi,I have a gaming laptop that could run apps and games on a high setting without encountering lag. However, ever since my laptop got a bsod it would run everything very slowly. Is there anyway it can be fixed?...
  3. My computer became very slow after BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer became very slow after BSOD: Hi,I have a gaming laptop that could run apps and games on a high setting without encountering lag. However, ever since my laptop got a bsod it would run everything very slowly. Is there anyway it can be fixed?...
  4. After several changes in the registry editor, my laptop became VERY slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After several changes in the registry editor, my laptop became VERY slow: The story began with the fact that I used to have 4 different languages: Ukrainian, English American, English British and russian. I deleted the last two, but then quite often they reappeared again and again and I got VERY tired, I started looking for ways to remove these...
  5. After several changes in the registry editor, my laptop became VERY slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After several changes in the registry editor, my laptop became VERY slow: The story began with the fact that I used to have 4 different languages: Ukrainian, English American, English British and russian. I deleted the last two, but then quite often they reappeared again and again and I got VERY tired, I started looking for ways to remove these...
  6. booting up on my laptop became very slow (SSD)

in Windows 10 Support
    booting up on my laptop became very slow (SSD): Hi guys. On my laptop Zenbook UX31A booting up Windows sometimes is painful slow. It takes almost 5 min,like it's HDD not SSD to boot up to desktop. What would be my first step to troubleshoot this issue? SSD is size 114 GB and 42 GB is free. Thank you. 174618
  7. Very slow boot up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Very slow boot up: Hello, I recently updated my windows 10 to its latest version, but after I updated it, my pc began to boot up so very slow. It would take up to less than an hour or 30 mins. I already tried doing what I had read in this article...
  8. Very slow boot up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Very slow boot up: For a couple of months now my computer has been booting up very slowly, and by this i mean 2 to 5 min. I have spent much of the time since this started researching what is causing it. I cant seem to find anyone else who has the same problem as most people crash where as i...
  9. Boot time very slow with SSD

Boot time very slow with SSD: I have Windows 10 with the latest updates, my hardware is: i5-6600k running at 4.4GHZ and 1.3v Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD 8GB RAM Z170-HD3 RX 480 4GB I'm on windows 10 1703 My boot time has recently been extremely slow (almost 2 minutes) Interestingly Windows boot...
  10. My SSD is booting very slow

My SSD is booting very slow: Hi everyone, I am a new member of the forum. My SSD is booting very slow & I need help solving this. The SSD is about 2 years old & has been upgraded to Win 10 for about a 1 yr, after googling the problem & following up on a suggestion, I downloaded and ran Crystal...