Windows 10: Booting up

Discus and support Booting up in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, i have got a problem when trying to boot up my PC. Firstly, i broke my LCD so i use a monitor connected through a VGA cable. So basically when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LethaboKhunou, Jun 25, 2020.

1. Booting up

Hi, i have got a problem when trying to boot up my PC. Firstly, i broke my LCD so i use a monitor connected through a VGA cable. So basically when I switch on my PC it goes on for a few seconds without displaying anything on the monitor and goes off automatically after a few mins. I tried pressing multiple keys such as the esc button, enter, ctrl+alt+del etc. but I don't whats happening because when i press the esc button it switches off, when i press the enter button, it swicthes from a whitish-greyish colour to a darker grey colour and the ctrl+alt+del combo does the same as the esc button. I don't know if this description is clear enough, but if anyone knows what has happened to my PC, please help me, im kinda desperate for help!

:)

LethaboKhunou, Jun 25, 2020
  2. GNJha Win User

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Jun 25, 2020
  3. ram93 Win User
    laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Jun 25, 2020
  4. Booting up

PC wont boot up (No POST, No Video)

I recently installed a new Asus M5A99X Evo r2.0. The motherboard green LED lights up and the case and cpu fans spin. But there is no video when its hooked up to my monitor.

Steps that i have tried:
    "No POST", "system won't boot", and "no video output" troubleshooting checklist

Made sure all connections are properly connected.

Flashing the CMOS

Tested the PSU

Followed all steps in the user manual

If there are any links that you guys can point me to or suggestions that could help it would be highly appreciated. Thank you

Mrblack761, Jun 25, 2020
Thema:

Booting up

1. Booting up - Similar Threads - Booting

2. Boot loop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot loop.: Hi,I have Fusion 5 laptop and it is stuck in boot loop. I read posted articles on this issue and download IOS media files on USB. After it boots, it does not install. Can you please tell me steps to resolve this issue. Thank you....
  3. Boot loop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Boot loop.: Hi,I have Fusion 5 laptop and it is stuck in boot loop. I read posted articles on this issue and download IOS media files on USB. After it boots, it does not install. Can you please tell me steps to resolve this issue. Thank you....
  4. Boot loop.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Linux can see my HDD but not windows after a dual boot

Linux can see my HDD but not windows after a dual boot: Hello everyone so first of all i know this might not be the perfect forum to post this but i am really starting to get desperate : So like the title says I can access my HDD on Linux mint but absolutely not in windows. this happend after a dual boot install of cinnamon mint....
  6. Linux can see my HDD but not windows after a dual boot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Linux can see my HDD but not windows after a dual boot: Hello everyone so first of all i know this might not be the perfect forum to post this but i am really starting to get desperate : So like the title says I can access my HDD on Linux mint but absolutely not in windows. this happend after a dual boot install of cinnamon mint....
  7. Linux can see my HDD but not windows after a dual boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. VGA light after boot pc but work fine after rest CMOS and boot manullay

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VGA light after boot pc but work fine after rest CMOS and boot manullay: My pc work fine, but now when i boot it gets stuck on the VGA light, but when i rest CMOS and go to bios and chose F8 run from specific drive work fine, if i restart the pc problem comes again. I check bios boot setting...
  9. VGA light after boot pc but work fine after rest CMOS and boot manullay

VGA light after boot pc but work fine after rest CMOS and boot manullay: My pc work fine, but now when i boot it gets stuck on the VGA light, but when i rest CMOS and go to bios and chose F8 run from specific drive work fine, if i restart the pc problem comes again. I check bios boot setting...
  10. VGA light after boot pc but work fine after rest CMOS and boot manullay

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware