Windows 10: Booting Windows not from BIOS but from Code

Discus and support Booting Windows not from BIOS but from Code in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have BIOS-like hardware initialization code that is written for a tiny linux kernel. it does some complex initialization, and checks a few things on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ivowelch, Jan 29, 2020.

1. ivowelch Win User

Booting Windows not from BIOS but from Code

I have BIOS-like hardware initialization code that is written for a tiny linux kernel. it does some complex initialization, and checks a few things on the Windows partitions for security. it needs to be invoked *before* Windows starts up.

is there a way, without a full reboot, to pass control from a running small linux to windows? that is, can one boot windows from linux? when windows shuts down, it can shut down for good. it need not return to linux.

:)

ivowelch, Jan 29, 2020

2. bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, Jan 29, 2020
  3. Windows stuck in automatic repair; Can't access BIOS/ boot menu

I've changed the boot order through both BIOS and the boot manager, as my original post stated. Neither did anything, but both were functional in the past. Neither listed the windows boot manager, either. Previously, it would boot just as expected whenever
    other media was set as the first option, so I'm pretty sure there are no issues there.

As my original post suggested, I've already tried out the steps you gave. I've gone through all the options listed in the boot menu, UEFI or not.

My BIOS and boot menu settings were at their defaults when all of this started, so that's been tried already, if those are what you're referring to.

KierraMcCullough, Jan 29, 2020
  4. Booting Windows not from BIOS but from Code

Coding language for BIOS?

That is what I was figuring. C or Assembly. I really like coding in C, so far more then C++.

Reading over that UEFI Programming steps website. Really cool stuff.

MxPhenom 216, Jan 29, 2020
Thema:

Booting Windows not from BIOS but from Code

1. Booting Windows not from BIOS but from Code - Similar Threads - Booting BIOS Code

2. No option to boot from SSD in BIOS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No option to boot from SSD in BIOS: Hi.Recently I installed a 128GB SSD in my HP Pavillion gaming 15 ec009ax which earlier only had 1TB HDD installed. I migrated the Windows from HDD to SSD using the mini tool partition wizard but I can not set the SSD as the boot device in the BIOS. It only shows the HDD as...
  3. No option to boot from SSD in BIOS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No option to boot from SSD in BIOS: Hi.Recently I installed a 128GB SSD in my HP Pavillion gaming 15 ec009ax which earlier only had 1TB HDD installed. I migrated the Windows from HDD to SSD using the mini tool partition wizard but I can not set the SSD as the boot device in the BIOS. It only shows the HDD as...
  4. Cant boot windows from bios mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant boot windows from bios mode: Hi, I have a dell laptop with ubuntu installed, recently i grew tired of ubuntu and tried to dual boot with windows 10, so shortened the space in the ssd of the ubuntu partition and made space for windows i left about 120 gb for each system. So i installed windows 10 and...
  5. Cant boot windows from bios mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant boot windows from bios mode: Hi, I have a dell laptop with ubuntu installed, recently i grew tired of ubuntu and tried to dual boot with windows 10, so shortened the space in the ssd of the ubuntu partition and made space for windows i left about 120 gb for each system. So i installed windows 10 and...
  6. Cant boot windows from bios mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. PC Boots to BIOS From Sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC Boots to BIOS From Sleep: I recently built a PC and everything is working normally, but when I put my PC to sleep and leave it for a few hours and then try to wake it, it boots to the BIOS instead of waking up normally. If I then try to exit the BIOS through the BIOS menu, it just reboots into the...
  8. SSD is in BIOS, but Windows 10 won’t boot from it

in Windows 10 News
    SSD is in BIOS, but Windows 10 won’t boot from it: [ATTACH]Solid-state drives (SSD) are a faster upgrade to the traditional hard disk drives (HDD). […] This article SSD is in BIOS, but Windows 10 won’t boot from it first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  9. Window Boot manager missing from BIOS

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Window Boot manager missing from BIOS: [ATTACH] Hello everyone, Not sure if I am posting on the correct place, if not do let me know and I will take it down. My laptop suddenly not able to boot into Window. Everytime when I start up, it will bring me straight to BIOS. I have checked in BIOS that my Window...
  10. Window Boot manager missing from BIOS

in Windows 10 Customization
    Window Boot manager missing from BIOS: Hello everyone, Please help me with this, appreciate your help! My laptop suddenly not able to boot into Window. Everytime when I start up, it will bring me straight to BIOS. I have checked in BIOS that my Window boot option is actually missing and I tried to set the path...