Windows 10: Booting windows XP from external drive [Help]

Discus and support Booting windows XP from external drive [Help] in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Burtonlefty [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Burtonlefty, Dec 26, 2019.

1. Booting windows XP from external drive [Help]

/u/Burtonlefty, Dec 26, 2019
  2. freaksavior, Dec 26, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Dec 26, 2019
  4. Booting windows XP from external drive [Help]

Help with external hard drive

Hi Debbra,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in windows 10 and also for trying the troubleshooting steps to fix the issue. I understand the inconvenience you faced. I will certainly help you with this.

I would suggest you to plug in hard drive then check in disk management you can see the drive or not.

Follow the steps to check Drive in Disk Management.

• Go to the Control Panel then click on the
      Administrative Tools. .

• Under the Administrative Tool Click on Computer Management.

• Click on Disk Management and check the External Hard Drive.

Also check in BIOS whether External Hard Drive is listed or not.

For help with the BIOS settings, refer to the computer manual or contact the manufacturer.

If it doesn’t work then, I would suggest you to update BIOS for updating BIOS contact Lenovo Support.

Follow the link:

Home - Global Support - DE

Disclaimer :

Modifying BIOS/complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings
    can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks.

Preeti Patel, Dec 26, 2019
Thema:

Booting windows XP from external drive [Help]

1. Booting windows XP from external drive [Help] - Similar Threads - Booting external drive

2. Need help backing up old hard drive running XP to external drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help backing up old hard drive running XP to external drive: I need to back up old hard drive running XP I know, ancient history, trying to remedy that to external drive 500 GB My Book Essential Edition External Hard Drive USB 2.0, so I can switch to new hard drive running Windows 10. Does XP have software that will run full system...
  3. Need help backing up old hard drive running XP to external drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help backing up old hard drive running XP to external drive: I need to back up old hard drive running XP I know, ancient history, trying to remedy that to external drive 500 GB My Book Essential Edition External Hard Drive USB 2.0, so I can switch to new hard drive running Windows 10. Does XP have software that will run full system...
  4. Need help backing up old hard drive running XP to external drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Need help backing up old hard drive running XP to external drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Need help backing up old hard drive running XP to external drive

7. Need help backing up old hard drive running XP to external drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Need help backing up old hard drive running XP to external drive

9. Error booting from external drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Error booting from external drive: Hello. So i cloned my ssd to an external hdd and when i try to boot from the external hdd i get a stopcode INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE error. Talked to windows support and they said it’s a hardware compatibility issue but i’d like a few other opinions if possible. It doesn’t...
  10. Windows Xp booting from external hard drive.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Xp booting from external hard drive.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Burtonlefty [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/efywhl/windows_xp_booting_from_external_hard_drive/