Windows 10: Bootloader description set as "ubuntu"

Discus and support Bootloader description set as "ubuntu" in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello there, Recently I tried out Ubuntu by dual booting it alongside Windows 10. Later I figured that I don't really need Ubuntu and that it's not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by mbelic, Mar 14, 2021.

1. mbelic Win User

Bootloader description set as "ubuntu"

Hello there,

Recently I tried out Ubuntu by dual booting it alongside Windows 10. Later I figured that I don't really need Ubuntu and that it's not really an OS for me so I've removed it. The problem is that bootloader still has description set as "ubuntu". Will that in any way affect my machine and how to I set it back?

This is what it looks like:

Bootloader description set as "ubuntu" aea7a2d0-c437-40a1-94db-7ee303d0bc9a?upload=true.png

This is what it should look like:

Bootloader description set as "ubuntu" 4add3c1d-9102-475e-a60e-41c5b15d5f6e?upload=true.png

:)

mbelic, Mar 14, 2021
  2. Rexter Win User

Booting to Ubuntu with vista bootloader

I have looked around the web for help, but that never really explained what i hopefully want to accomplish.
    I have a laptop with vista x64, where i made two additional partitions. One for windows 7 and one for linux which i can fiddle around with.
    And because im only gonna use linux on/off and propably uninstall it re-install it now and then, i dont want it to use linux's bootloader.
    So on the third partition i installed ubuntu without the linux bootloader and of course vista's bootloader wont recognize it. Only vista and win 7 appears.

So how can i make vista's bootloader see ubuntu?

Rexter, Mar 14, 2021
  3. blobster21, Mar 14, 2021
  4. farlex85 Win User

Booting to Ubuntu with vista bootloader

I looked into doing this too recently. I found conflicting info on it, but it all ended up more complicated than it was worth to me (it involves creating the bootloader in a hidden partition or something, then editing grub in bcd in windows and re-writing the mbe). It was much easier to simply let GRUB install at the beginning of the hdd as it is defaulted to do. This will boot up the grub menu, which you can then select either ubuntu or windows bootloader, which will take you to that.

As for running apps, many seem to be required to run through the terminal (I'm new as well). Google the extension type (in your case .bin) in ubuntu and you should hopefully find a way.

farlex85, Mar 14, 2021
Thema:

1. Bootloader description set as "ubuntu" - Similar Threads - Bootloader description set

2. WIN10 Repairing bootloader after deleting second Ubuntu partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIN10 Repairing bootloader after deleting second Ubuntu partition: I had my system set up with both Windows 10 and Ubuntu. I decided to only use Windows on this PC and deleted the Ubuntu partition, thinking I could just boot up Windows afterwards...There are many tutorials out there that I tried, but nothing helped. I KNOW that a clean...
  3. WIN10 Repairing bootloader after deleting second Ubuntu partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIN10 Repairing bootloader after deleting second Ubuntu partition: I had my system set up with both Windows 10 and Ubuntu. I decided to only use Windows on this PC and deleted the Ubuntu partition, thinking I could just boot up Windows afterwards...There are many tutorials out there that I tried, but nothing helped. I KNOW that a clean...
  4. WIN10 Repairing bootloader after deleting second Ubuntu partition

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Set bootloader drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Set bootloader drive: For context, I have this PC which was running a dual-boot, one drive had the windows OS and bootloader and the other linux and it's bootloader. I no longer use the later in this PC so I decided to remove the linux SSD but when I tried to boot into windows I was met with GRUB...
  6. Set bootloader drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Set bootloader drive: For context, I have this PC which was running a dual-boot, one drive had the windows OS and bootloader and the other linux and it's bootloader. I no longer use the later in this PC so I decided to remove the linux SSD but when I tried to boot into windows I was met with GRUB...
  7. Set bootloader drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Bootloader

in Windows 10 Support
    Bootloader: Hello I tried to create a USB external SSD portable Ubuntu. I followed the online instructions so as not to affect my bootloader. Guess what, it affected my bootloader . Without doing a clean install is there a way to restore the bootloader which is relatively...
  9. Clover Bootloader

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Clover Bootloader: Hiya, I am going to install clover bootloader whilst clean installing windows 10 for BIOS UEFI (but the BIOS UEFI are 32-Bit). So after I have set up the partitions (shift + F10 before installing windows) from command prompt - please note the automatic set up of partitions...
  10. Setting File type descriptions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Setting File type descriptions: Please tell me how to set the description of a filetype nowadays. In the 'good' old days this could easily be done. But it obviously was too user-friendly so it got removed. I know the NirSoft tool FileTypesMan which is often recommended for this, as in the answers to this:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. grub metro boot loader