Windows 10: Bootloader Issue?

Discus and support Bootloader Issue? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm not really sure which category this would go under, but here's my issue. I got a PC that has Windows 10 preinstalled on it and I wanted to run... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by chewyboy000, May 20, 2016.

1. Bootloader Issue?

I'm not really sure which category this would go under, but here's my issue. I got a PC that has Windows 10 preinstalled on it and I wanted to run windows 7. I created a different partition then installed Windows 7. All the drivers worked and got installed. I wanted the Windows 10 graphical boot loader which has the mouse so I tried to install that by going into recovery and doing the bootmbr and fix commands but now whenever I try to start the PC with fast boot on it goes straight to windows 10 and without fastboot it shows the old boot menu.

:)

chewyboy000, May 20, 2016
  2. renorat Win User

bootloader unlock

Sorry, but kinda. I want to unlock the system without a root.

renorat, May 20, 2016
  3. Bootloader for Thumbdrive ?

I assume EasyBCD creates the multi-boot loader then I strictly use the other program to create the boot discs, correct ?And they are placed within the appropriate boot loader on the thumb drive that EasyBCD created ?

StraightWorld, May 20, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

Bootloader Issue?

Something got hosed up and now Windows 10 thinks that 7 is the main OS.

You will most likely have to format the drive and start fresh.

What do you mean by 10 having the mouse? Are you talking about the initial screen when 10 first starts loading?

bro67, May 20, 2016
  5. By having the mouse I mean the one where you can select the is that you boot into with the mouse

6. bro67 Win User
    That is the Windows 10 Bootloader. There are better ones out there than using Windows to manage the different OS's. I think that either GAG or Smart Bootloader would be the better. GAG runs off of its own partition and handles the OS's out of that Partition. A lot safer method.

This link also explains how to set up the dual boot. Especially that Windows 10 has some issues with not playing nicely with previous editions of Windows. How To Geek is the go to for stuff like this. How to Dual-Boot Windows 10 with Windows 7 or 8

Free Boot Managers and Multi-Boot Loaders (thefreecountry.com)

bro67, May 20, 2016
  7. Oh I got a program called dual boot repair and now my windows 10 bootloader is back and it has the thing where you can click the operating systems. Thanks for explaining this stuff to me!

8. bro67 Win User

Bootloader Issue?

Those repair programs are just fixing the MBR, which can be done in a Repair boot.

No problem. Having the info on alternative bootloaders is handy if you want to get away from the standard windows boot loader.

bro67, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Bootloader Issue?

1. Bootloader Issue? - Similar Threads - Bootloader Issue

2. How can I restore the Windows bootloader after reinstalling Ubuntu in a dual-boot setup on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I restore the Windows bootloader after reinstalling Ubuntu in a dual-boot setup on...: Encountered issues in a dual-boot configuration with Ubuntu 23.10 and Kali Linux installed on a 512 GB SSD with Ubuntu allocated a larger partition. Windows was on a separate 1 TB SSD, consisting of two partitions - one of 150 GB for the C drive and another of the remaining...
  3. How can I restore the Windows bootloader after reinstalling Ubuntu in a dual-boot setup on...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I restore the Windows bootloader after reinstalling Ubuntu in a dual-boot setup on...: Encountered issues in a dual-boot configuration with Ubuntu 23.10 and Kali Linux installed on a 512 GB SSD with Ubuntu allocated a larger partition. Windows was on a separate 1 TB SSD, consisting of two partitions - one of 150 GB for the C drive and another of the remaining...
  4. Windows Bootloader. the device and os device both say 'partition=D' instead of 'partition=C'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Bootloader. the device and os device both say 'partition=D' instead of 'partition=C': Computer command prompt is starting with X: I have read some of the fixes but I not want to make any changes with the X: before I fix my other problem.In the bootloader beside both the DEVICE and OS DEVICE it has 'partition=D' . it should be in C. how do i change this. How do...
  5. Windows Bootloader. the device and os device both say 'partition=D' instead of 'partition=C'

Windows Bootloader. the device and os device both say 'partition=D' instead of 'partition=C': Computer command prompt is starting with X: I have read some of the fixes but I not want to make any changes with the X: before I fix my other problem.In the bootloader beside both the DEVICE and OS DEVICE it has 'partition=D' . it should be in C. how do i change this. How do...
  6. Windows Bootloader. the device and os device both say 'partition=D' instead of 'partition=C'

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. I installed grub bootloader on my windows sdd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I installed grub bootloader on my windows sdd: I installed grub bootloader on my windows ssd by mistake now when I boot to windows it shows a blue recovery screen, i created bootable usb to fix and when i use the “bootrec /fixboot” command it gives me an error saying “access denied” please help....
  8. I installed grub bootloader on my windows sdd

I installed grub bootloader on my windows sdd: I installed grub bootloader on my windows ssd by mistake now when I boot to windows it shows a blue recovery screen, i created bootable usb to fix and when i use the “bootrec /fixboot” command it gives me an error saying “access denied” please help....
  9. Reinstalling Win10 on new SSD, potential bootloader issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstalling Win10 on new SSD, potential bootloader issues: I have 3 drives, C:\, D:\ and E:\, and a USB thumb drive with the Win10 installation media prepared. C:\ is a HDD and has dual boot of Ubuntu/Win10 with the GRUB2.0 bootloader. (I want everything on this disk erased after reinstall) D:\ is the destination SSD I want to...
  10. Bootloader issues with multi-boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Bootloader issues with multi-boot: I'm trying to dual-boot Win 10 (64-bit) and WinXP (32-bit). If I try to go to WinXP, the entire system just restarts, then restarts once more when I get back into the bootloader. I tried using Dual Boot Repair, but all it did was add a redundant item to my bootloader menu....