Windows 10: Bootloop after playing video with MPC Classic.(Corrupt driver/DX9?)

Discus and support Bootloop after playing video with MPC Classic.(Corrupt driver/DX9?) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Upon trying to play a video (ts. recording if it matters) with MPC Classic, the message: "DX9AllocatorPresenter failed D3DERR_NOTAVAILABLE" appeared.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Andy77777, May 4, 2021.

1. Andy77777 Win User

Bootloop after playing video with MPC Classic.(Corrupt driver/DX9?)

Upon trying to play a video (ts. recording if it matters) with MPC Classic, the message: "DX9AllocatorPresenter failed D3DERR_NOTAVAILABLE" appeared. On the next boot/ever since, I am stuck in a bsod/bootloop with the "Critical service failed" code and all known remedies including automatic repair and every possible advanced startup setting such as "disable driver signature enforcement", safe mode etc. seems to fail. This happens for the third time within this computer's first year (always same circumstances which also prolly signals that this isn't a hardware issue, hopefully!) and this time system restore also fails (the only solution that did the trick previously), and I'd really REALLY prefer not having to format/reset Windows once again. But even if I do that, I need to find the cause of the issue so it doesn't happen again. My guess is that sometimes MPC Classic encounters a problem with a .ts video file which somehow seems to corrupt Direct X and/or Nvidia Video Driver, creating the bootloop. I could be wrong of course. I've got access in the recovery cmd and I've also made a Hiren bootable rescue flash drive so I've also got access to my hard disks and some basic tools. Also tried opening a command prompt during my Hiren boot to test some suggested fixes found online: Code: x:\Windows\system32> c: C:\DISM /Online /Get-Drivers and/or Code: C:\DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth result in: Code: Error: 50 DISM does not support servicing Windows PE with the /Online option Code: C:\>SFC /scannow results in: Code: Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation. If my assumption is correct, maybe if I was able to somehow uninstall and/or reinstall Nvidia driver and/or Direct X via the Hiren Boot or Windows Recovery cmd line would do the trick? Or if I am wrong, is there anything else I can do to repair the problem and not have to reset/reinstall Windows? If anyone has any ideas how to solve or even troubleshoot this one, (the most recent .dmp file in minidumps seems to be modified a month ago, I've also checked System.evtx with a program called "Event Log Explorer" but last event is a few hours before the first BSOD - and they aren't of the "error" or "critical type", maybe I need to check a different evtx file?) I'd be more than greateful. Thanks a lot. Windows 10 1909 Ryzen 3900x Steel Legend X570 MSI Nvidia 1660 Super 32 GB Corsair Ballistix GB

:)

Andy77777, May 4, 2021
  2. Andy77777 Win User

Upon trying to play a video (ts. recording if it matters) with MPC Classic, the message: "DX9AllocatorPresenter failed D3DERR_NOTAVAILABLE" appeared. On the next boot/ever since, I am stuck in a bsod/bootloop with the "Critical service failed" code and all known remedies including automatic repair and every possible advanced startup setting such as "disable driver signature enforcement", safe mode etc. seems to fail. This happens for the third time within this computer's first year (always same circumstances which also prolly signals that this isn't a hardware issue, hopefully!) and this time system restore also fails (the only solution that did the trick previously), and I'd really REALLY prefer not having to format/reset Windows once again. But even if I do that, I need to find the cause of the issue so it doesn't happen again.

My guess is that sometimes MPC Classic
    encounters a problem with a .ts video file which somehow seems to corrupt Direct X and/or Nvidia Video Driver, creating the bootloop. I could be wrong of course.
    I've got access in the recovery cmd and I've also made a Hiren bootable rescue flash drive so I've also got access to my hard disks and some basic tools. Also tried opening a command prompt during my Hiren boot to test some suggested fixes found online:
    Code:
    and/or
    Code:
    result in:
    Code:
    Code:
    results in:
    Code:
    If my assumption is correct, maybe if I was able to somehow uninstall and/or reinstall Nvidia driver and/or Direct X via the Hiren Boot or Windows Recovery cmd line would do the trick?

Or if I am wrong, is there anything else I can do to repair the problem and not have to reset/reinstall Windows?
    If anyone has any ideas how to solve or even troubleshoot this one, (the most recent .dmp file in minidumps seems to be modified a month ago, I've also checked System.evtx with a program called "Event Log Explorer" but last event is a few hours before the first BSOD - and they aren't of the "error" or "critical type", maybe I need to check a different evtx file?) I'd be more than greateful. Thanks a lot.

Windows 10 1909

Ryzen 3900x

Steel Legend X570

MSI Nvidia 1660 Super

32 GB Corsair Ballistix GB

Andy77777, May 4, 2021
  3. hdmi Win User

Do a clean install of Windows 10, and, instead of downloading random malwares from the interwebz, go to Codec Guide: K-Lite Codec Pack - For Windows 10 / 8.1 / 7 / Vista where you can grab the latest version of K-Lite Codec Pack Full─and also grab the latest update for it that comes as a separate installation package that can be downloaded separately from there also. (The 'Full' also includes the madVR video renderer, and that I use with MPC-HC because I find that it is the only way to ensure butter-smooth playback of all my large video files of various many different formats.)

hdmi, May 4, 2021
  4. Amit_Sun Win User

video not playing

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. May I know, which video player you are using to play the video?
    2. Are you able to play the video on any other computer?
    3. Are you facing the issue with only specific video or with all the other videos?

This issue could also occur when the USB or SD card is corrupted when you have transferred the video.

Try the troubleshooting methods provided below to further narrow down the root cause of the issue.

Method 1: Try a different video player.

1. Try to use a different USB to transfer the video, if you are playing it on other computer or device.
    2. I suggest you to try a different video player and check if it plays.
    3. You can also check on different device or computer.

Step: Run Windows Media player troubleshooter.

1. Press Windows + R key on your keyboard together.
    2. Copy and paste the below command and run each at a time and follow the onscreen instruction on the troubleshooter
    3. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerConfigurationDiagnostic
    4. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerLibraryDiagnostic
    5. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerDVDDiagnostic
    6. Reboot the computer and check.
    If you still face the issue, reply to this post with more information.

Hope it helps,

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, May 4, 2021
Thema:

1. Bootloop after playing video with MPC Classic.(Corrupt driver/DX9?) - Similar Threads - Bootloop playing video

2. 'Video Cannot be Played - File is Corrupt'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    'Video Cannot be Played - File is Corrupt': Hello-I've been getting the above alert. Sometimes 'Refreshing' the browser helps, but more and more whatever live-stream I'm watching or listening to totally stops. It just freezes and no other pinned tabs will open or it will take up to a minute or more for one tab to open....
  3. 'Video Cannot be Played - File is Corrupt'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    'Video Cannot be Played - File is Corrupt': Hello-I've been getting the above alert. Sometimes 'Refreshing' the browser helps, but more and more whatever live-stream I'm watching or listening to totally stops. It just freezes and no other pinned tabs will open or it will take up to a minute or more for one tab to open....
  4. Mpc-hc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mpc-hc: Anyone been using MPC-HC ? > Releases . clsid2/mpc-hc . GitHub It has region free dvd playback feature and even play blu-ray movie. One of the best media player. 181328
  5. BSOD / Bootloop after playing video with MPC Classic. (Possibly corrupt video driver /...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD / Bootloop after playing video with MPC Classic. (Possibly corrupt video driver /...: Upon trying to play a video (ts. recording if it matters) with MPC Classic, the message: "DX9AllocatorPresenter failed D3DERR_NOTAVAILABLE" appeared. On the next boot/ever since, I am stuck in a bsod/bootloop with the "Critical service failed" code and all known remedies...
  6. Resume video MPC-HC

Resume video MPC-HC: Hi, i know vlc player continues video playback from where i stopped it, can mpc-hc do the same? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/resume-video-mpc-hc/e9d4460c-6a6a-42c8-acd9-f75efe95c932
  7. Bootloop and drive corrupted

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bootloop and drive corrupted: Hi! Please help me with my laptop. Few days ago it shows start up repair over and over again. So i tried possible solution but nothing work. And now i don’t what will i do. The only option is the cmd but still not working. I tried the bootrec but bluescreen always shows up. I...
  8. Differences between MPC-HC and MPC-BE

Differences between MPC-HC and MPC-BE: There seem to be two popular and regularly updated forks of Media Player Classic, the Black Edition (BE) and the Home Cinema (HC) editions. Are there any real differences between these two forks? Any advantages or disadvantages over the two editions? Thanks in advance! 153617
  9. MPC and other videos players, Sound no voice

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    MPC and other videos players, Sound no voice: Last night I was watching a show, it was fine, sound was fine. Today I go play the same show to finish it, and I get the sound of the background just fine, but I get no voice sound. I've tried checking in MPC the audio track and there is just one: English. I am at a loss why...
  10. Both VLC and MPC crash when playing videos

Both VLC and MPC crash when playing videos: After I upgraded to Win 10 from 7, I started getting this bizarre issue when video files would crash in both VLC and MPC, but not Windows Media Player. The larger the video, the more guaranteed the crash. I've reinstalled MPC, VLC, and Windows 10, but the issue still remains....