Windows 10: Bootloop after RAM upgrade. Reset BIOS?

Discus and support Bootloop after RAM upgrade. Reset BIOS? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The machine is MSI Titan GT80 SLI. I triple boot Windows 10, Windows 10 and Ubuntu. I had 3x8GB RAM modules installed. I added one 1x8GB for the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dictum, Sep 24, 2019.

1. dictum Win User

Bootloop after RAM upgrade. Reset BIOS?

The machine is MSI Titan GT80 SLI.

I triple boot Windows 10, Windows 10 and Ubuntu.

I had 3x8GB RAM modules installed. I added one 1x8GB for the total of 4x8GB of RAM. Ever since then the machine start bootlooping. It goes to the bootloader, to the entry that I created with bcdedit and then does not boot and repeats the cycle.

Both Win10 disks do that. They are identical.

My 3rd disk has Ubuntu on it, it boots and sees the 32GB installed. No issues.

I can get to the BIOS, it can see 32GB of RAM.

I get into Ubuntu Linux by hitting F11 during the boot cycle and then selecting the Linux SSD.
    I used to be able to do that for the Win10 disks, both of them and no longer can.

I've read that I have to reset CMOS, is that so and if so, how? Via BIOS or via jumpers?
    I just don't want to break anything on top of this.

:)

dictum, Sep 24, 2019
  2. dictum Win User

The machine is MSI Titan GT80 SLI.

I triple boot Windows 10, Windows 10 and Ubuntu.

I had 3x8GB RAM modules installed. I added one 1x8GB for the total of 4x8GB of RAM. Ever since then the machine start bootlooping. It goes to the bootloader, to the entry that I created with bcdedit and then does not boot and repeats the cycle.

Both Win10 disks do that. They are identical.

My 3rd disk has Ubuntu on it, it boots and sees the 32GB installed. No issues.

I can get to the BIOS, it can see 32GB of RAM.

I get into Ubuntu Linux by hitting F11 during the boot cycle and then selecting the Linux SSD.
    I used to be able to do that for the Win10 disks, both of them and no longer can.

I've read that I have to reset CMOS, is that so and if so, how? Via BIOS or via jumpers?
    I just don't want to break anything on top of this.

dictum, Sep 24, 2019
  3. zbook Win User

The assumption is that the cause is the newly added RAM.
    This may or may not be correct.
    These are some trial and error steps:

1) Remove all RAM modules and re-seat one module.
    Remove the power cable and hold down the power button for 30 seconds.
    2) Power on

3) These are links for resetting the BIOS:

How to Clear Your Computers CMOS to Reset BIOS Settings:
    How to Clear Your Computer’s CMOS to Reset BIOS Settings
    3 Ways to Reset Your BIOS - wikiHow:
    3 Ways to Reset Your BIOS - wikiHow

zbook, Sep 24, 2019
  4. dictum Win User

No. It hits the bootloader entry and then quits out of it and repeats the loop. It bootloops.

dictum, Sep 24, 2019
Thema:

1. Bootloop after RAM upgrade. Reset BIOS? - Similar Threads - Bootloop RAM upgrade

2. Bootloop after reset.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bootloop after reset.: I reset my laptop, cus it was hanging.After the reset i was promoted to new window setup screen..Then after that it shows the window logo, but then blacl screen comes up.. the my laptop is on bootloop now....
  3. Bootloop after reset.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bootloop after reset.: I reset my laptop, cus it was hanging.After the reset i was promoted to new window setup screen..Then after that it shows the window logo, but then blacl screen comes up.. the my laptop is on bootloop now....
  4. My PC is stuck in a bootloop after factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC is stuck in a bootloop after factory reset: My PC is stuck I'm a boot loop after I put in the time, keyboard layout, Etc. I don't have access to safe mode or that menu. I only have bios. It says just a moment with a black screen and loading symbol then it turns black and after like 2 seconds it reboots back to the hi...
  5. My PC is stuck in a bootloop after factory reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC is stuck in a bootloop after factory reset: My PC is stuck I'm a boot loop after I put in the time, keyboard layout, Etc. I don't have access to safe mode or that menu. I only have bios. It says just a moment with a black screen and loading symbol then it turns black and after like 2 seconds it reboots back to the hi...
  6. OMEN stuck in bootloop after software reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    OMEN stuck in bootloop after software reset: yeah so like the title says, I tried to reset my OMEN laptop and now it is stuck in bootloop. It tries to boot up, shows the OMEN logo and then restarts again. I cannot get into BIOS or any type of menu. The laptop doesn't respond to pressing any key or key combination while...
  7. Laptop stuck in bootloop after failed reset.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop stuck in bootloop after failed reset.: I tried to do a factory reset from the settings menu. After about 60% it came back with an error and now it will power on, show the HP logo then restart. How can I reinstall windows and start fresh? submitted by /u/Jersey86Devil [link] [comments]...
  8. Bios bootloop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bios bootloop: so i hard reset my pc and the reset froze. So i waited a couple of hours and it was at the same spot. So i turned off my computer. I then turned it on and its stuck in a loop where it displays a black screen then the bios menu screen and then it loses connection to my...
  9. Infinite bios bootloop after factory reset

Infinite bios bootloop after factory reset: I facotry reset my pc and throughout the rest it froze. I waited a couple of hours and i turned off my pc. I then turned on my pc and it would display a black screen show bios for a second and then not show anything on my moniter. It also turns of the connection from my...
  10. Bootloop on upgrade!

Bootloop on upgrade!: So, I downloaded the win10 upgrade, figured i'd let it go automatically and see what happens...well I was not impressed to say the least! LOL! I am stuck in a bootloop. Previous OS 8.1 Pro. On a Dell Inspiron 7548 (Early 2015) 9347

Users found this page by searching for:

1. boot loop after upgrading ram