Windows 10: Bootloop after Windows 11 Update

Discus and support Bootloop after Windows 11 Update in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I was prompted to do an update for windows 11, but after restarting my pc it got stuck in a bootloop with an BSOD. Following things happen, first it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Hai Hoang Tran, Feb 24, 2024.

1. Bootloop after Windows 11 Update

I was prompted to do an update for windows 11, but after restarting my pc it got stuck in a bootloop with an BSOD. Following things happen, first it tries to automatically reset changes made and after a few minutes i get a Bluescreen with SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION and Ntfs.sys. I also cant do an automatic Repair as i tried multiple times but it wont boot into the screen where i can go into safe mode. Any idea on how to fix this?

:)

Hai Hoang Tran, Feb 24, 2024

2. Windows 11 stuck in bootloop

Perform a hard shutdown two times during the Windows boot screen. On the third time, Windows should boot to the recovery environment, something like this.

Choose Options (winre.azurewebsites.net)

If you get a screen that says you would need to use Recovery tools, you would need to use another computer to create a recovery/installation media. You may also need to use Installation media if Windows Recovery environment says your password is incorrect.

How to Create Bootable USB Flash Drive to Install Windows 11
    Create a Windows 11 USB Flash drive - Your Windows Guide

Boot from the USB Flash drive-Make sure you have disabled Secure boot/Fast boot in BIOS Settings and changed the boot order if required.

When you have successfully booted from the Installation media, click Repair your computer at the first screen after choosing the keyboard layout.

1. Use Startup repair: The first option you can try is to use Startup repair, which automatically detects problems and fixes them. Depending on the severity of the problem, it may or may not be successful.

2.Uninstall Updates

• The second step you can try is to uninstall the latest updates if Windows 10 fails to start after installing updates.
    • Choose Uninstall Updates.
    • Uninstall the update based on what was installed – a feature update or a quality update. Usually, the former is responsible.
    3.CHKDSK:

If uninstalling did not help and is unrelated, the next step is to try using a Disk Check.

• Choose Command Prompt in the list of troubleshooting.
    • Get the Current Windows Installation drive letter, which is either C, D, or E, Type BCDEDIT, and Press Enter. Note the letter.
    • Enter the command given below:
      chkdsk X: /f /r (Replace X with the Current Windows Install Letter)
    • When done, you would see the output and restart the PC to check.
    4.Another try you can give to fix is SFC SCANNOW through Offboot switch. For this follow the steps below:

1. First, find the Windows Install drive letter using BCDEDIT command.
    2. Then, try entering the following command:
      sfc /scannow /offbootdir=C:\ /offwindir=C:\Windows
    3. After the scan completes you would see the results.
    4. You can also try using DISM: dism /image:C:\ /cleanup-image /revertpendingactions

5. Reset this PC or clean install.

The last Step is a Reset. The catch with Reset is, all applications would be removed and files would be kept(you would be presented with the option to erase everything). Also, for this step, A healthy Reset Image is required, which maybe would be affected by corruption. If you are using an Installation media, you can do a clean install after rescuing your files.

How to Reset Windows 11 - Microsoft Community

Clean Install Windows 11 - Your Windows Guide

Sumit (Volunteer Moderator), Feb 24, 2024
  3. 2wicked Win User
    Windows 10 Anniversary Update Bootloop

I successfully applied this workaround to install update 1607:

Windows 10 Upgrade reboot loop or error 0xC1900101- 0x20017

Workaround

The workaround is to not use the “English (Europe)” locale. Use the following steps to change this for all accounts:

• Go to Regional Settings
    • Change the Format to English (United States) – or anything other than “English (Europe)”
      • You can also select a different language or change any of the date/time formats per your needs
    • Select the Administrative tab and hit Copy Settings
    • Select the bottom two checkboxes and hit OK.
    • Reboot the PC and start the Windows Anniversary Update. Windows should upgrade.

2wicked, Feb 24, 2024
  4. 3Colors Win User

Bootloop after Windows 11 Update

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Bootloop after Windows 11 Update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Feb 24, 2024
Thema:

Bootloop after Windows 11 Update

1. Bootloop after Windows 11 Update - Similar Threads - Bootloop Update

2. I need help fixing my BSOD bootloop in my laptop, it occured after updating the latest...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help fixing my BSOD bootloop in my laptop, it occured after updating the latest...: This type or errors are being displayed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-help-fixing-my-bsod-bootloop-in-my-laptop/b7d9ce41-f5a0-4199-883e-cd864f0288d6
  3. I need help fixing my BSOD bootloop in my laptop, it occured after updating the latest...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need help fixing my BSOD bootloop in my laptop, it occured after updating the latest...: This type or errors are being displayed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-help-fixing-my-bsod-bootloop-in-my-laptop/b7d9ce41-f5a0-4199-883e-cd864f0288d6
  4. I was stuck in a bootloop after Windows Update Assistant completed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I was stuck in a bootloop after Windows Update Assistant completed: I update my computer using windows 10 update assistant and just after my computer crashed and was stuck in a crash loop. I tried putting the iso of windows 10 but it was still stuck in a crash loop...
  5. I was stuck in a bootloop after Windows Update Assistant completed

I was stuck in a bootloop after Windows Update Assistant completed: I update my computer using windows 10 update assistant and just after my computer crashed and was stuck in a crash loop. I tried putting the iso of windows 10 but it was still stuck in a crash loop...
  6. I was stuck in a bootloop after Windows Update Assistant completed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Bootloop after Windows 11 Update

Bootloop after Windows 11 Update: I was prompted to do an update for windows 11, but after restarting my pc it got stuck in a bootloop with an BSOD. Following things happen, first it tries to automatically reset changes made and after a few minutes i get a Bluescreen with SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION and...
  8. My Asus Laptop Went Into Bootloop After Windows Update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Asus Laptop Went Into Bootloop After Windows Update.: So I Updated My Asus Vivobook 15 Laptop. It Was Stuck at 94%. So I Force Shut Down As Per Instructions Found In Support Forum Of Both Microsoft And Asus. It Booted Into OS Normally.After a Day Now My Laptop Stuck in a Boot-loop.Here is The Video...
  9. My Asus Laptop Went Into Bootloop After Windows Update.

My Asus Laptop Went Into Bootloop After Windows Update.: So I Updated My Asus Vivobook 15 Laptop. It Was Stuck at 94%. So I Force Shut Down As Per Instructions Found In Support Forum Of Both Microsoft And Asus. It Booted Into OS Normally.After a Day Now My Laptop Stuck in a Boot-loop.Here is The Video...
  10. [Windows 10] [Notebook] [HP Zbook G8] Bootloop after last updates, no recovery works

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [Windows 10] [Notebook] [HP Zbook G8] Bootloop after last updates, no recovery works: I have a HP Zbook G8 with Win10 Pro installed and, after processing last updates they have not completed it is experiencing a continuous Bootloop.Motherboard seems ok, peripherals seem ok and detached, ssd is ok.I tried with HP book menu which brings to Win Troubleshooting,...