Windows 10: Bootloop win10 BCD after Windows update

Discus and support Bootloop win10 BCD after Windows update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After updating my windows to version 1809, and restarted my computer, my computer had been in boot loop. It would load onto the windows logo and then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Kary207, Mar 25, 2019.

1. Kary207 Win User

Bootloop win10 BCD after Windows update

After updating my windows to version 1809, and restarted my computer, my computer had been in boot loop.
    It would load onto the windows logo and then say undo the recent changes...and then I see cmd popping up and it would restart.

I have a media creation tool and booted from there.
    Also I don't know if my BIOS is in UEFI - I cant seem to find it in my BIOS. But I ended up booting from my USB using F12.
    I also cannot press F8 to go into safemode either.

Everytime I try to do a system restore it would say: To use System Restore, you must specify which Windows installation to restore. Restart this computer, select an operating system, and then select System Restore

And I ended up going into cmd and did the bootrec, but only bootrec /fixboot was had an error of element not found.
    I also tried the diskpart, nothing seems to work, I made them all active since nothing was working...

It seems like my bcd is damage or what not

What can I do to get out of bootloop and return to my computer?

Boot configuration data for my pc is missing or contains errors - is what it says as well when I start my computer now.

What can I do? Am I doing something wrong in these steps?
    Do I really need to clean reinstall my windows?
    Everything seems like a mess ):

Specs if needed:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz
    • Motherboard: GigaByte Z68A-D3H-B3
    • Intel 160GB SSD (Windows 10 installation on here)
    • WDC 1TB HDD, 7200rpm (DISCONNECTED)

:)

Kary207, Mar 25, 2019
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Mar 25, 2019
  3. Ikaruga Win User
    GeForce Hotfix driver 353.38 (Update: Win10 versions added)

https://forums.geforce.com/default/...vers/announcing-geforce-hotfix-driver-353-38/

Update: Windows 10 (international) versions below:
    Win10 - 64 bit desktop
    Win10 - 32 bit desktop
    Win10 - 64 bit notebook
    Win10 - 32 bit notebook

Ikaruga, Mar 25, 2019
  4. Bootloop win10 BCD after Windows update

Win10 updates

The initial one was KB3035583 to get the Get Windows 10 app (GWX). Though that particular update is probably pages upon dozens of pages down the list by now.

tabascosauz, Mar 25, 2019
Thema:

Bootloop win10 BCD after Windows update

1. Bootloop win10 BCD after Windows update - Similar Threads - Bootloop win10 BCD

2. Bootloop after Windows 11 Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bootloop after Windows 11 Update: I was prompted to do an update for windows 11, but after restarting my pc it got stuck in a bootloop with an BSOD. Following things happen, first it tries to automatically reset changes made and after a few minutes i get a Bluescreen with SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION and...
  3. Bootloop after Windows 11 Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bootloop after Windows 11 Update: I was prompted to do an update for windows 11, but after restarting my pc it got stuck in a bootloop with an BSOD. Following things happen, first it tries to automatically reset changes made and after a few minutes i get a Bluescreen with SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION and...
  4. Win10 Pro x64 BCD Not Working!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 Pro x64 BCD Not Working!: HiI ran out of space on my NVME drive so replaced it with a larger one.I manually copied the MSR and EFI partition as well as my Win10 partition.I know from previous experience when moving my backup partition that I need to boot into my installation media on USB then use CMD...
  5. Win10 Pro x64 BCD Not Working!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10 Pro x64 BCD Not Working!: HiI ran out of space on my NVME drive so replaced it with a larger one.I manually copied the MSR and EFI partition as well as my Win10 partition.I know from previous experience when moving my backup partition that I need to boot into my installation media on USB then use CMD...
  6. Win10 Pro x64 BCD Not Working!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Rollback bootloop after Windows 10 Update

Rollback bootloop after Windows 10 Update: Hi everyone, I'm kin of desperated.After several attemps of unsuccessful Windows Updates my PC ist stuck in a boot loop no Windows logo, just the mainboard logo.My Win10 is on an SSD.1 I downloaded the Windows Media Creation Tool and installed a recovery USB. The automatic...
  8. Infinite bootloop after Windows 10 Update

Infinite bootloop after Windows 10 Update: Hi, Please help me out with this. After a notification from Windows Update Manager, I selected 'Restart Now'. After it got switched off, it is in a constant bootloop. Here is what is happening: 1. Black screen 2. Alienware logo 3. A flash of a window (Seems like CMD)...
  9. Infinite Bootloop after updating to Windows 10 v1809

Infinite Bootloop after updating to Windows 10 v1809: Hi, I recently updated my device to windows 10 v1809 using the windows 10 update assistant. The update was went and i had to restart to complete it. After sometime the computer went to a infinite bootloop where i can see the hp logo of my laptop and thats it! Nothing else,...
  10. Infinite bootloop after updating to 10130

in Windows 10 Support
    Infinite bootloop after updating to 10130: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_install/infinite-bootloop-after-updating-to-10130/5d39228c-9dc5-4ef9-9a29-5d3076f37d22 Hi, I am using a Lenovo E530 notebook with a Kingston HyperX SSD and i updated from 10122 to 10130. When...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bootloop win10