Windows 10: Bootmgr for ssd missing

Discus and support Bootmgr for ssd missing in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a hdd and an ssdmain windows which both had a windows boot manager but I mistakingly installed my fedora onto my ssd with windows on it after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MD.2, Jan 20, 2021.

1. MD.2 Win User

Bootmgr for ssd missing

I have a hdd and an ssdmain windows which both had a windows boot manager but I mistakingly installed my fedora onto my ssd with windows on it after reclaiming space from the windows partition. So I’ve tried numerous solutions in cmd from bootable usb repair such as bootrec, which works with fixmbr but for the fixboot it says element not found and bootmgr i believe says the same thing. I have also tried using the full bootrec command which works perfectly fine but I still cant see my ssd boot manager in the boot options. I’ve tried solving the element not found problem by making the system partition in my ssd disk active but the disk is mot fixed mgr and changing from uefi only to legacy only asrock bios but that also doesnt work for some reason. Is there any hope to get boot manager back and keep my windows without having to reinstall anew?

:)

2. Snipe343 Win User

BOOTMGR missing???

yes it says the the BOOTMGR is missing when it goes to the boot screen and yes everything is set in the bios to boot from cd/dvd

Snipe343, Jan 20, 2021
  3. bjproc Win User
    Bootmgr is missing

it's my main desktop PC that won't boot up.
    from the bootable flash drive, i can get into the windows advanced troubleshooting menu, but nothing is working from there on, i can get command prompt to work

Bootmgr for ssd missing [​IMG]

it's an SSD if it makes any difference

I'll print off the replies & try the suggestions

cheers

bjproc, Jan 20, 2021
  4. Ravenas Win User

Bootmgr for ssd missing

BOOTMGR is missing.......

BOOTMGR is missing... I attempted to install Windows Vista and Windows Vista had an error occur and could not install... I waited 30 mins for it to exit the install but it never did... Consequently, I restarted the computer...

Ever since then I get this message...

"BOOTMGR is missing..."

"Press CTRL+ALT+DLT to restart."

Everytime I do nothing happens... Same message.

What do I do?? *Confused Bootmgr for ssd missing :confused:

Ravenas, Jan 20, 2021
Thema:

Bootmgr for ssd missing

1. Bootmgr for ssd missing - Similar Threads - Bootmgr ssd missing

2. BootMgr missing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BootMgr missing: The Windows 7 laptop upgraded to Windows 10 version 1803 is now totally inactive. The boot shows mgr missing. I don't have any installed device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bootmgr-missing/53116ad5-a0df-4ab2-bdc4-6f7515fb55a5
  3. BOOTMGR is missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BOOTMGR is missing: BOOTMGR is missing Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart How can I fix this? My laptop won't boot up. I have Windows 10 OS. IMPORTANT: I'm assuming it's because yesterday I went to disk management and merged disks D and C Delete Volume D, Extend Volume C. So now I only have 1...
  4. BOOTMGR IS MISSING

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BOOTMGR IS MISSING: Good afternoon folks. I have 500GB HDD. I wanted to boot my laptop and l was greeted with the above message, BOOTMGR IS MISSING. I was told told to press CTR+ALT+DEL to restart but this did not work when I performed the operation. I was forced to use my 160GB HDD rather...
  5. bootmgr is missing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    bootmgr is missing: Hello, I've been dealing with this issue since yesterday when I updated and shutdown my computer for the night. I tried all of the fixes listed in the suppport post about...
  6. bootmgr missing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    bootmgr missing: bootmgr missing. will not load. have win 10 as a free upgrade over win 7 (about 2 years). Stopped working a couple days ago. When I can occasionally get to the DOS prompt, I am back to DOS 6.1.76. That may be because I have used both the win 10 and win7 recovery disks in...
  7. Bootmgr is missing

Bootmgr is missing: I did the most recent beta update yesterday and my computer is still processing it, 24 hours later. Now I get the “bootmgr is missing” error msg on reboot and i don’t have and cant find a copy of windows 10 recovery disk.....
  8. BOOTMGR is Missing

in Windows 10 Support
    BOOTMGR is Missing: Hi, Having some issues with a desktop upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 and was hoping someone might be able to help. The PC was upgraded last Friday with no issues, and has been used and rebooted several times since then, again with no issues encountered. Last night I...
  9. Cloned Win10 drive to ssd, bootmgr missing

Cloned Win10 drive to ssd, bootmgr missing: I used TrueImage 15 to clone and shrink my win10 load to a new SSD. Original drive was a 1tb with 120g used in a 900g partition. I had TI clone and shrink that to the 240g SSD. However, the bootmgr was left behind. I used EasyBCD 2.2 to put the bootmgr back but now it seems...
  10. Bootmgr is missing

in Windows 10 Support
    Bootmgr is missing: I had my pc running last month, then when I was on my laptop it started crashing, turned out it was due to an update from malware bytes I eventually went to my main PC and all I get now is bootmgr is missing and all I get now is a black screen I've tried putting in a pen...