Windows 10: BootMGR is missing - how to make SSD bootable without formatting

Discus and support BootMGR is missing - how to make SSD bootable without formatting in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So, I've got a situation. I bot a new SSD and cloned the original HDD to it with the samsung migration tool. What it didn't tell me is that there will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Simon Ralek, Dec 3, 2022.

1. BootMGR is missing - how to make SSD bootable without formatting

So, I've got a situation. I bot a new SSD and cloned the original HDD to it with the samsung migration tool. What it didn't tell me is that there will be problem in booting. So I ended up with both disks throwing errors that Bootmgr is missing. I tried my best to fix but nothing worked.So I reinstalled Windows on the HDD but still have the SSD with all the data and files that is unbootable due to the bootmgr missing. My question being, how can I make the ssd bootable without losing data?

:)

Simon Ralek, Dec 3, 2022
  2. bjproc Win User

Bootmgr is missing

it's my main desktop PC that won't boot up.
    from the bootable flash drive, i can get into the windows advanced troubleshooting menu, but nothing is working from there on, i can get command prompt to work

BootMGR is missing - how to make SSD bootable without formatting [​IMG]

it's an SSD if it makes any difference

I'll print off the replies & try the suggestions

cheers

bjproc, Dec 3, 2022
  3. Snipe343 Win User
    BOOTMGR missing???

yes it says the the BOOTMGR is missing when it goes to the boot screen and yes everything is set in the bios to boot from cd/dvd

Snipe343, Dec 3, 2022
  4. Ravenas Win User

BootMGR is missing - how to make SSD bootable without formatting

BOOTMGR is missing.......

BOOTMGR is missing... I attempted to install Windows Vista and Windows Vista had an error occur and could not install... I waited 30 mins for it to exit the install but it never did... Consequently, I restarted the computer...

Ever since then I get this message...

"BOOTMGR is missing..."

"Press CTRL+ALT+DLT to restart."

Everytime I do nothing happens... Same message.

What do I do?? *Confused BootMGR is missing - how to make SSD bootable without formatting :confused:

Ravenas, Dec 3, 2022
Thema:

BootMGR is missing - how to make SSD bootable without formatting

1. BootMGR is missing - how to make SSD bootable without formatting - Similar Threads - BootMGR missing SSD

2. How to format a new SSD and make it bootable?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to format a new SSD and make it bootable?: I would like to know on how to format a new SSD and make it bootable.Does anyone have any suggestions?Thanks in advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-format-a-new-ssd-and-make-it-bootable/85e69edd-d8c8-4369-a045-d00184c95b72
  3. How to format a new SSD and make it bootable?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to format a new SSD and make it bootable?: I would like to know on how to format a new SSD and make it bootable.Does anyone have any suggestions?Thanks in advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-format-a-new-ssd-and-make-it-bootable/85e69edd-d8c8-4369-a045-d00184c95b72
  4. BootMGR is missing - how to make SSD bootable without formatting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BootMGR is missing - how to make SSD bootable without formatting: So, I've got a situation. I bot a new SSD and cloned the original HDD to it with the samsung migration tool. What it didn't tell me is that there will be problem in booting. So I ended up with both disks throwing errors that Bootmgr is missing. I tried my best to fix but...
  5. BootMGR is missing - how to make SSD bootable without formatting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BootMGR is missing - how to make SSD bootable without formatting: So, I've got a situation. I bot a new SSD and cloned the original HDD to it with the samsung migration tool. What it didn't tell me is that there will be problem in booting. So I ended up with both disks throwing errors that Bootmgr is missing. I tried my best to fix but...
  6. BOOTMGR is missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BOOTMGR is missing: BOOTMGR is missing Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart How can I fix this? My laptop won't boot up. I have Windows 10 OS. IMPORTANT: I'm assuming it's because yesterday I went to disk management and merged disks D and C Delete Volume D, Extend Volume C. So now I only have 1...
  7. Bootmgr for ssd missing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bootmgr for ssd missing: I have a hdd and an ssdmain windows which both had a windows boot manager but I mistakingly installed my fedora onto my ssd with windows on it after reclaiming space from the windows partition. So I’ve tried numerous solutions in cmd from bootable usb repair such as bootrec,...
  8. Making Laptop's Internal HDD Bootable WITHOUT FORMATTING

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Making Laptop's Internal HDD Bootable WITHOUT FORMATTING: I have a SSD with bad health which is my default bootloader. I can not replace the SSD at the moment. Is it possible to make my laptop's internal HDD bootable without having to format it ?...
  9. how to fix bootmgr is missing without cd or usb

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how to fix bootmgr is missing without cd or usb: how to fix bootmgr is missing without cd or usb, I just restarted my pc, and this happened, I have tried all the method but failed please help....
  10. How to make SSD bootable

in Windows 10 Support
    How to make SSD bootable: I have an emachine desktop. I bought a Toshiba 1GB SSD that operates through a USB cord. My intention is to clone my emachine hard drive to the SSD portable drive and then plug it into a desktop computer and boot from the portable SSD so I have access to all my programs with...