Windows 10: Bootnxt?

Discus and support Bootnxt? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; One of my PCs has the 1kb file BOOTNXT in the C: drive root folder. What is the purpose of this file? 130546 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Steve C, Apr 10, 2019.

1. Steve C Win User

Bootnxt?

One of my PCs has the 1kb file BOOTNXT in the C: drive root folder. What is the purpose of this file?

:)

Steve C, Apr 10, 2019

2. BOOTNXT and BOOTTGT What are they and what do they do?

Hi there

been trying to find this answer all night now, and if anyone knows the answer i'd appreciate it. Basically what is the BOOTNXT file and what does it do? all i know so far it interacts with BOOTTGT, which again i have no idea what it does. Can someone shed
    some light on this subject?

Cheers

Jon

jkksanders, Apr 10, 2019
  3. Window 10 old Factory set partition - delete or not?

I bought a Windows Vista installed laptop back in the dark ages:

I have upgraded it from Vista to Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and now it has Windows 10.

I'm confuse on statements that say "WIndows 10 no longer needs a recovery partition":

Do I leave it alone or can I get ride of it:

Partition Z: 200MB folders:

• $RECYCLE.BIN
    • Boot
    • Recovery
    • System Volume Information
    Files:

• bootmgr
    • BOOTNXT
    • BOOTSEC.BAK

Next here are the super hidden files on the root of my C: drive.

Are all of these required are are some left-over from older upgrades?

C drive Folders:

• Documents and Settings
    • EFI
    • ESD
    • i386
    • Recovery
    • System Volume Information

Files:

• bootmgr
    • BOOTNXT
    • hiberfil.sys
    • pagefile.sys
    • swapfile.sys

Updates Bite, Apr 10, 2019
  4. ahmedRQ Win User

Bootnxt?

There are some folders in my disk spaces (C and D) that cant be deleted and if they are somehow deleted they are restored.

* Original title: Deleting Folders

There are some folders in my disk spaces (C and D) that cant be deleted and if they are somehow deleted they are restored. The folders are named like "$RECYCLE.BIN, PROGRAMDATA, SYSTEM VOLUME INFORMATION". There are also some files like "bootmgr, BOOTNXT,
    hyberfil.sys, pagefil.sys, swapfile.sys". Please tell how to get rid of them.

ahmedRQ, Apr 10, 2019
Thema:

Bootnxt?

1. Bootnxt? - Similar Threads - Bootnxt

2. c:\bootmgr,c:\bootnxt..... and other errors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    c:\bootmgr,c:\bootnxt..... and other errors: this kind of error happened when i tried to set permission to full controlhow do i remove this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cbootmgrcbootnxt-and-other-errors/8d03727c-57d2-4487-a997-a433e79bc019
  3. c:\bootmgr,c:\bootnxt..... and other errors

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    c:\bootmgr,c:\bootnxt..... and other errors: this kind of error happened when i tried to set permission to full controlhow do i remove this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cbootmgrcbootnxt-and-other-errors/8d03727c-57d2-4487-a997-a433e79bc019
  4. c:\bootmgr,c:\bootnxt..... and other errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. C:\BOOTNXT

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    C:\BOOTNXT: HI what is BOOTNXT? in C:\> should i delete? in CMD https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cbootnxt/ad636351-ac09-4267-80a8-7a4b904f4585

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bootnxt

2. bootnxt file

3. bootnxt file windows 10

4. error when getting information for file bootnxt,
  5. bootnxt location windows 10,
  6. bootnxt,
  7. why can i find bootnxt on windows 10,
  8. bootnxt hidden windows 10,
  9. BOOTNXT file in c:/,
  10. bootnxt windows,
  11. bootntxt