Windows 10: Bootrec /fixboot → "Element not found"

Discus and support Bootrec /fixboot → "Element not found" in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Using Macrium Reflect, I cloned my system SSD to a larger SSD, but the new SSD won't boot. (error 0xc000000e; this is obviously after powering down and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Blaq, Oct 2, 2019.

1. Blaq Win User

Bootrec /fixboot → "Element not found"

Using Macrium Reflect, I cloned my system SSD to a larger SSD, but the new SSD won't boot. (error 0xc000000e; this is obviously after powering down and disconnecting the old SSD.)
    • This is on an old PC using BIOS booting and MBR disks.
    • I created a Windows 10 installation DVD, tried its Startup Repair, no go.
    • I then tried the following repair commands: (X: is the DVD drive; D: is the OS partition.)

Bootrec /fixboot → "Element not found" [​IMG]

What do you do when the standard boot-fixing online recipes won't work? What's my next step?

P.S. It's odd that the SSD's OS partition is being assigned the letter D. Should be C, no?

:)

Blaq, Oct 2, 2019
  2. sad-icus Win User

Error Code 0xc000000e “element not found” bootrec /fixboot

Error Code 0xc000000e

attempting Win10 Recovery from USB

Trying to fix corrupted “C” drive yet the recovery command prompt stars at “x:\Sources>”

“element not found” bootrec /fixboot

How to select the correct disk and make the Windows active and run the commands again?

If the commands are run from “x:\Sources>” or "x:\Windows\System32" it gives the same error.

here is what's been tried: [FIX] Windows 10 Master Boot Record Is Corrupted

• BOOTREC /FIXMBR (ok)

• BOOTREC /FIXBOOT (“element not found”)

• BOOTREC /REBUILDBCD (have not made it to this step)

sad-icus, Oct 2, 2019
  3. DAN
    Dan Win User
    BOOTREC /FIXBOOT => Element not found

So the other day, there is a post about this here but there have been some developments, I installed Linux Kali to dual boot and messed up the booting of my PC.

After messing around with the boot files I finally got it to boot the Windows 10 partition using this code

But it failed and I got a message similar to this.

Yes that is the one for Windows 7, I couldn't find the Windows 10 version. I believe the error code and extra information was different.

To fix the problem I followed these steps found here and here (the BurrWalnut answer)

The problem is when I enter the command BOOTREC /FIXBOOT the output is Element not found and when I enter the command BOOTREC /REBUILDBCD it scans for operating systems, finds windows, asks if I want to add a boot for it, I enter Y and then it gives the output Element not found.

I would really appreciate any help in fixing the problem

4. Ztruker Win User

Access denied on bootrec /fixboot

These are the commands and how to run them. No reason you should get Access denied.
    Fix the MBR – Guide for Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10

Ztruker, Oct 2, 2019
Thema:

1. Bootrec /fixboot → "Element not found" - Similar Threads - Bootrec fixboot →

2. can't resolve bootrec /fixboot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    can't resolve bootrec /fixboot: I've tried the official guides on how to curb the boot problem that you see black screen and only the mouse pointer that maps and loads ... When I get to do bootrec /fixboot it tells me access engaged, so I started looking for how to solve this problem, I tried all the guides...
  3. can resolve bootrec /fixboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can resolve bootrec /fixboot: I've tried the official guides on how to curb the boot problem that you see black screen and only the mouse pointer that maps and loads ... When I get to do bootrec /fixboot it tells me access engaged, so I started looking for how to solve this problem, I tried all the guides...
  4. can resolve bootrec /fixboot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    can resolve bootrec /fixboot: I've tried the official guides on how to curb the boot problem that you see black screen and only the mouse pointer that maps and loads ... When I get to do bootrec /fixboot it tells me access engaged, so I started looking for how to solve this problem, I tried all the guides...
  5. Bootrec /rebuildbcd gives "Element not found."

in Windows 10 Support
    Bootrec /rebuildbcd gives "Element not found.": Hi folks, Long story short, I moved my C:/ partition and now I can't boot into Windows. I get a 0xc000000f error when I try - boot configuration data is missing or contains errors, file: \Boot\BCD - and it is an MBR disk. I suspect what I need to do is rebuild the boot...
  6. Bootrec /fixboot access denied?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bootrec /fixboot access denied?: My boot record got corrupted, I am unable to start Win10. I did all of the auto recovery options none had work. I am at the CMD and tried bootrec /fixboot but get access denied. I reformated boot partition to FAT32, copied boot files using bcdboot from \windows directory...
  7. "bootrec /scanos" not working, "bootrec /rebuildbcd" not working, "bootrec /FixBoot" not...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "bootrec /scanos" not working, "bootrec /rebuildbcd" not working, "bootrec /FixBoot" not...: This answer from last year seemed to address the non-booting issue, but completely ignores the original problem statement, "Might be worth nothing that bootrec /fixboot returned as having denied access."...
  8. Access denied on bootrec /fixboot

in Windows 10 Support
    Access denied on bootrec /fixboot: Hello, I installed Windows 10 version 1809 recently. It crashed after a system restore and did not boot anymore. So I used the installation disk and tried out the inbuilt repair functions, which did not work. I also tried line commands, which worked expect bootrec /fixboot....
  9. Fix Element Not Found error for Bootrec /Fixboot on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Element Not Found error for Bootrec /Fixboot on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The Windows command line is a very useful utility for advanced users. Fixing system files, checking the disk for errors, and many other intensive tasks are made convenient with this. Another task that we carry out with the Command Prompt [...] This post Fix...
  10. bootrec /fixboot access is denied

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bootrec /fixboot access is denied: My Windows upgrade is failed and force the PC to power off while it is still writing to the disk, and appeared the blue screen error "INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE". and I run the command "bootrec /fixboot", however, I received the "bootrec /fixboot access is denied" error...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bootrec /fixboot element not found