Windows 10: bootrec not recognized by command prompt

Discus and support bootrec not recognized by command prompt in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Guys please help when I go to windows automatic repair an error pops out saying "Windows automatic repair could not fix your pc" so I tried going to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by dacoolmike, Nov 15, 2019.

1. bootrec not recognized by command prompt

Guys please help when I go to windows automatic repair an error pops out saying "Windows automatic repair could not fix your pc" so I tried going to command prompt running with admin of course and using the code bootrec /RebuildBcd and bootrec /FixBoot to fix it but a message pops out saying bootrec is not recognized so I don't know what to do. I tried searching bootrec.exe in drive c, windows, system 32 folder but I couldn't find it. How do i fix this and do I need a windows installation cd to activate bootrec and automatic repair or something? Please don't suggest using system restore points and system reset because I will not try those solutions for I already tried system restore and automatic repair still did not work and system reset for me will remove all my programs so I will not do it. I'm using windows 10 and with latest updates also tried sfc scan now with no issues and tried dism restorepoint already which completed successfully.

:)

dacoolmike, Nov 15, 2019
  2. lx07 Win User

Command Prompt didn't recognize one of the commands

It does sound like you should do it in case it gets worse and you can't boot..

If you follow this tutorial to easily get to a command prompt at boot time Advanced Startup Options - Boot to in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums (option 1 looks the easiest).

You then click on the "Troubleshoot" then "Advanced Options" buttons to get to the "Command Prompt" button.

When you get the command prompt enter the following (may as well do them all):

• bootrec /FixMbr
      [*]bootrec /FixBoot
      [*]bootrec /RebuildBcd

Details of these commands are here - they are the same in Windows 10 https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/927392

3. cwtech Win User
    command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, Nov 15, 2019
  4. Ztruker Win User

bootrec not recognized by command prompt

Access denied on bootrec /fixboot

These are the commands and how to run them. No reason you should get Access denied.
    Fix the MBR – Guide for Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10

Ztruker, Nov 15, 2019
Thema:

bootrec not recognized by command prompt

1. bootrec not recognized by command prompt - Similar Threads - bootrec recognized command

2. How to Fix “not recognized as an internal or external command” in Windows command prompt to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Fix “not recognized as an internal or external command” in Windows command prompt to...: I don't know what configuration was made to the laptop. I'm trying to follow steps to bypass the Bitlocker Recovery through the Command Prompt because I don't have the key. The other tips were to copy the full path of the file or something but I can't do that because I can't...
  3. How to Fix “not recognized as an internal or external command” in Windows command prompt to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Fix “not recognized as an internal or external command” in Windows command prompt to...: I don't know what configuration was made to the laptop. I'm trying to follow steps to bypass the Bitlocker Recovery through the Command Prompt because I don't have the key. The other tips were to copy the full path of the file or something but I can't do that because I can't...
  4. The command prompt cannot run the bootrec command to enter the bcd configuration

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The command prompt cannot run the bootrec command to enter the bcd configuration: Hi,When I set the easybcd boot entries for multi-hard drives in EasyBcd, I can then in the command prompt in the windows 10 installation media type bootrec /rebuildbcd for both a lagecy installed hard drive and a uefi installed hard drive. Because for the hard drive that has...
  5. The command prompt cannot run the bootrec command to enter the bcd configuration

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The command prompt cannot run the bootrec command to enter the bcd configuration: Hi,When I set the easybcd boot entries for multi-hard drives in EasyBcd, I can then in the command prompt in the windows 10 installation media type bootrec /rebuildbcd for both a lagecy installed hard drive and a uefi installed hard drive. Because for the hard drive that has...
  6. The command prompt cannot run the bootrec command to enter the bcd configuration

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Bootrec is not recognized as an internal command

in Windows 10 News
    Bootrec is not recognized as an internal command: [ATTACH]Bootrec.exe is a built-in tool in Windows operating system used to fix Windows startup issues. You will face startup problems on your Windows computer if the Master Boot Record (MBR), the Boot Sector, or the Boot Configuration Data (BCD) is/are corrupted. In such...
  8. Commands on command prompt are showing up as "not recognized"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Commands on command prompt are showing up as "not recognized": I executed some commands like ipconfig,netsh, cipher, etc etc but they all showed up as "not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file". I have worked with these commands before and they were working properly until today. What could be the...
  9. How to Fix “not recognized as an internal or external command” in Windows command prompt

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Fix “not recognized as an internal or external command” in Windows command prompt: How to Fix “not recognized as an internal or external command” in Windows command prompt .................. anyone intrested to contact please ping me...
  10. Command Prompt didn't recognize one of the commands

in Windows 10 Support
    Command Prompt didn't recognize one of the commands: This evening I tried to get into command prompt by right-click " run in administrator " This part had no problem but after this --it's not. What I am trying to fix MBR issue on my laptop. I found the link that I search on Google and tried it. Here is the link below: How...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bootrec not recognized

2. bootrec is not recognized

3. bootrec not recognized windows 10

4. bootrec.exe not recognized,
  5. windows 10 bootrec not recognized,
  6. bootrec is not recognized as an internal or external command,
  7. bootrec /fixboot not recognized as an internal or external command Windows 8.1,
  8. bootrec is not recognized as an internal or external command operable program or batch file.,
  9. suddenly bootrec not recognize in in command prompt,
  10. bootrec command not found windows 10,
  11. bootrec is not recognized as an internal or external command server 2012 r2,
  12. winpe bootrec not recognized,
  13. bootrec windows 10 not recognized,
  14. message erreur bootrec not recognized,
  15. command prompt doent recognize bootrec