Windows 10: Border around Desktop

Discus and support Border around Desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello all! I recently bought a GDP P2 Max mini laptop and am pretty surprised at how performant it is. My only problem however is that the Desktop has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Artra., Apr 5, 2020.

1. Artra. Win User

Border around Desktop

Hello all!
    I recently bought a GDP P2 Max mini laptop and am pretty surprised at how performant it is. My only problem however is that the Desktop has a border around the edges. It's dark grey and had a tiny rectangle in the upper right corner of the screen.

Does anyone know how to get rid of it? I have the suspicion that it's due to the display having a touch capabilities, but since I don't use them, it's rather annoying.

Border around Desktop 7df52456-1a2e-4c66-9aee-2fbe5f78eafc?upload=true.jpg

It's easier to see against a darker background.

Thanks in advance!

:)

Artra., Apr 5, 2020

2. black border

Hi Adele,

For us to isolate your concern with the black border on your computer, we would like to know the following:

• When did this happen?
    • Were there any updates made on your computer prior to this concern?
    • To make sure we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Send us a screenshot of the black border.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Apr 5, 2020
  3. Disabling automatic black and white borders applied to photo thumbnails and native photo apps

Hi Jacob,

One of the possible reasons why you see borders on thumbnail previews is because of its
    image size. To better assist you with this issue, we need the answers to following questions:

• Do all of your pictures have the same image size?
    • Does the border also apply to videos in File Explorer?

In the meantime, you can try to change the icon size to see if the borders on images will disappear. To do this, simply follow the steps below:

• Right-click on your desktop and click on View.
    • Select Small icons.
    • Check File Explorer to see if the thumbnails still have borders.

We are looking forward to your response.

Jefferson Ore, Apr 5, 2020
  4. Border around Desktop

black border

I only turned my pc on. then plugged in my Clickfree to backup my files. Have no idea if there were updates.

AdeleMcLennan, Apr 5, 2020
Thema:

Border around Desktop

1. Border around Desktop - Similar Threads - Border around Desktop

2. White Border Around Snaped Apps on the Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    White Border Around Snaped Apps on the Desktop: Just moved to Win11, and Win10 did not add the white border. It only happens on snapped apps, not to apps that are unsnapped. Is this by design choice or an oversite?...
  3. White Border Around Snaped Apps on the Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    White Border Around Snaped Apps on the Desktop: Just moved to Win11, and Win10 did not add the white border. It only happens on snapped apps, not to apps that are unsnapped. Is this by design choice or an oversite?...
  4. White Border Around Desktop Icon

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    White Border Around Desktop Icon: Whenever I resize my desktop Icons a white border appears around it. Whenever I refresh , it disappears, but when I singe click an icon it reappears again. I need to restart Windows Explorer to get rid of it but in doing so, my system tray icons disappear and will appear...
  5. Display issues, black border around desktop background

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display issues, black border around desktop background: Hi I have just installed an LG 27" screen using a hdmi lead from my PC and I now have a black border around my desktop. I have checked the resolution and it is at max level. I previously had the screen connected using the older com lead and it was fine, it filled the screen....
  6. border around active window

in Windows 10 Support
    border around active window: I have been working on this for two days now. I upgraded from w7pro to w10pro. As soon as I did I am left with a one inch border around my screen. I have tried various settings and troubleshoots and can not get rid of the border. Last resort is changing the registry...
  7. Black border around monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black border around monitor: I'm running Intel HD graphics on a Acer inspire 15.6", upon restart my monitor, 1366x768 aspect ratio, has two inch black bars on each side of the display and 1 inch black bars on the bottom and top. My drivers are updated and I know this is called a shrinked monitor but I...
  8. border around items in the taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    border around items in the taskbar: I have Windows 10 and I have Classic Shell installed. I like my taskbar items to be Uncombined, Showing labels. But no matter what settings I try, my taskbar no longer displays items with a border. If you see my screenshot, you'll see the items on my taskbar are...
  9. Dotted Border Around Desktop Icon

in Windows 10 Support
    Dotted Border Around Desktop Icon: Every now and then I notice a dotted box around an icon on my desktop. When I reboot it goes away. It's not all that important, but my curiosity gets the better of me. Does anyone know what causes this and can it be prevented from happening again? [img] 99371
  10. Border around window screenshot

in Windows 10 Support
    Border around window screenshot: After the Windows 10 Anniversary upgrade, the Alt+PrtScn combo captures a border of some size around a window, as in the screenshot below. Is it possible to have only the active window captured? [img] 65499