Windows 10: Border around my Chrome window

Discus and support Border around my Chrome window in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I recently noticed that there's this green border around my Google Chrome window but it's not on all 4 sides, just the top. Since my color... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by raniayas, Oct 20, 2019.

1. raniayas Win User

Border around my Chrome window

Hello,

I recently noticed that there's this green border around my Google Chrome window but it's not on all 4 sides, just the top. Since my color theme is green, the line border is green so I'm guessing it has something to do with my theme? I'm confused since I currently have window borders turned off in my settings, and this border does not show up for any other app or window that I open. It's just Chrome. I don't know how to get rid of it. Is this a Windows issue or Google Chrome issue?

Thanks,

Rania

:)

raniayas, Oct 20, 2019

2. black border

Hi Adele,

For us to isolate your concern with the black border on your computer, we would like to know the following:

• When did this happen?
    • Were there any updates made on your computer prior to this concern?
    • To make sure we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Send us a screenshot of the black border.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Oct 20, 2019
  3. Chrome glitch

Hello Ralph,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description on one of the three users Chrome is not working.
    I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• The account on which you are facing issue with Chrome, does it have the administrator permission?
    • Have you check with other browser? Was the result same?
    • Is the issue specific to only one application or facing issue with other application too?

First, I would suggest you to use Internet Explorer and see if it brings any difference.
    Here are the steps through which you can use Internet Explorer.

• Press the Windows key.

• Type Internet Explorer in the search box.

• Right click on Internet Explorer
      (Desktop app).

• Select Pint to task bar.

• Try to use Internet Explorer from there and see if it brings any difference.

If you still want to use Chrome then I would suggest you to open the application Chrome in administrator mode and see if it brings any difference. Here are the steps through which you can open Chrome in Administrator mode.

• Press the Windows key or click on Start icon.
    • Type Google Chrome.
    • Right click on Google Chrome and select the option to Run As Administrator.
    • If everything works fine by running chrome in administrator mode then you may pin it to the task bar.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Oct 20, 2019
  4. Smeed Win User

Smeed, Oct 20, 2019
Thema:

1. Border around my Chrome window - Similar Threads - Border around Chrome

2. The borders around all windows are too small.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The borders around all windows are too small.: The borders around all windows are too small. Old windows like 7 used to have resizers for everything. It was a dis-service to remove all of that! Is there any way to expand the borders of windows in win 10? They are like 1 pixel wide! I can hardly grab a window border....
  3. 1 pixel border around menus and thick borders

in Windows 10 Customization
    1 pixel border around menus and thick borders: Hey,I recently got a problem where my taskbar menus got a 1 pixel border, and the Windows Settings menu has a very thick border. Control Panel menus are even weirder than the Settings menu. I've fixed this temporarily repeatedly by switching to another preset Windows theme...
  4. Border around Desktop

Border around Desktop: Hello all! I recently bought a GDP P2 Max mini laptop and am pretty surprised at how performant it is. My only problem however is that the Desktop has a border around the edges. It's dark grey and had a tiny rectangle in the upper right corner of the screen. Does anyone...
  5. border around active window

in Windows 10 Support
    border around active window: I have been working on this for two days now. I upgraded from w7pro to w10pro. As soon as I did I am left with a one inch border around my screen. I have tried various settings and troubleshoots and can not get rid of the border. Last resort is changing the registry...
  6. Black border around my monitors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black border around my monitors: i have black borders around both of my monitors, saw it abaout a week ago. Tried fixing it by looking at websites and stuff but found nothing that helped, it doesnt bother me but i want it gone, and i cant put my mouse on the black bar so i cant take a screenshot...
  7. Black border around monitor

Black border around monitor: I'm running Intel HD graphics on a Acer inspire 15.6", upon restart my monitor, 1366x768 aspect ratio, has two inch black bars on each side of the display and 1 inch black bars on the bottom and top. My drivers are updated and I know this is called a shrinked monitor but I...
  8. border around items in the taskbar

border around items in the taskbar: I have Windows 10 and I have Classic Shell installed. I like my taskbar items to be Uncombined, Showing labels. But no matter what settings I try, my taskbar no longer displays items with a border. If you see my screenshot, you'll see the items on my taskbar are...
  9. Pixel border around active window

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Pixel border around active window: Hi there - first post as a new Windows 10 user migrating (returning) from OSX. So far only two issues found on 10130: Orange active window border: I have this horrble orange colour around the active window. I have changed all the colour settings but bothing seems to...
  10. Border around window screenshot

in Windows 10 Support
    Border around window screenshot: After the Windows 10 Anniversary upgrade, the Alt+PrtScn combo captures a border of some size around a window, as in the screenshot below. Is it possible to have only the active window captured? [img] 65499

Users found this page by searching for:

1. white borders around google chrome when open

2. chrome glitch green border oh snap