Windows 10: Border around window screenshot

Discus and support Border around window screenshot in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After the Windows 10 Anniversary upgrade, the Alt+PrtScn combo captures a border of some size around a window, as in the screenshot below. Is it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by davidpage, Sep 30, 2016.

1. davidpage Win User

Border around window screenshot

After the Windows 10 Anniversary upgrade, the Alt+PrtScn combo captures a border of some size around a window, as in the screenshot below. Is it possible to have only the active window captured?

Border around window screenshot [​IMG]

:)

davidpage, Sep 30, 2016

2. Window borders/frames

Will it possible to have borders around the windows..? i.e. around the browser...

davidw1957, Sep 30, 2016
  3. i need help with my remote desktop connection screen it is really small.

Would be quite handy if you supply us the screenshot. Try stretching the window border as well and see if the size increases. Use Snipping tool to get the screenshot.

Sumit Dhiman2, Sep 30, 2016
  4. pepanee Win User

Can you take an Alt+PrintScreen shot of a File Explorer window, for example: "C:"

pepanee, Sep 30, 2016
  5. Bree New Member
    It doesn't on my AU. I'd check you still have the correct video drivers installed.

6. pcgeek11 Win User
    pcgeek11, Sep 30, 2016
  7. Bree New Member
    Or the built-in Snipping tool that does much the same. The OP's query though was regarding the use of Alt-PrtSc which is not working as it should.

8. davidpage Win User

Yes, the same thing happens.

I'll check with the other suggested options, thanks! I've set a 125% magnification though, not sure if it might be causing the problem.

davidpage, Oct 1, 2016
  9. pepanee Win User
    You're welcome.

And yes, try to reset your magnification down to 100% and try it out. If that doesn't work...

Try to uninstall your video drivers, and have Windows automatically re-install them with their most up to date versions.

pepanee, Oct 1, 2016
  10. pcgeek11 Win User
    Just giving the OP a better option.

pcgeek11, Oct 3, 2016
  11. pepanee Win User
    Alt+Print Screen is so much easier and faster than using a 3rd party software. I'm not saying anything bad against the software you suggested, I just think that it's more convenient to keep things very simple.

pepanee, Oct 3, 2016
  12. davidpage Win User
    It doesn't seem to be related to the magnification, and Windows detects that I'm already using the latest graphics drivers.

I'm actually already using a lightweight screenshot program that generates a png file when I press that combo. Just that it doesn't automatically trim the extra space around the window.

davidpage, Oct 3, 2016
  13. pcgeek11 Win User

Screenpresso works on the Alt + PrtSc command.

pcgeek11, Oct 4, 2016
  14. pepanee Win User
    Oh ya?

Hey original poster, you said you already use a 3rd party program that does this. There's an issue with the settings in there. You should take a look at the options of that 3rd party program/

pepanee, Oct 4, 2016
  15. davidpage Win User
    Yes, I finally figured out how to have it save the screenshot automatically in a numbered sequence. Thanks for the suggestion!

Ah right.. I did verify that (alt+prtsc then paste in MS Paint) but apparently I didn't turn the program off, which led me into thinking the combo doesn't work. I double-checked just now and it looks like the program is not getting the right size.

davidpage, Oct 4, 2016
Thema:

1. Border around window screenshot - Similar Threads - Border around window

2. The borders around all windows are too small.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The borders around all windows are too small.: The borders around all windows are too small. Old windows like 7 used to have resizers for everything. It was a dis-service to remove all of that! Is there any way to expand the borders of windows in win 10? They are like 1 pixel wide! I can hardly grab a window border....
  3. 1 pixel border around menus and thick borders

in Windows 10 Customization
    1 pixel border around menus and thick borders: Hey,I recently got a problem where my taskbar menus got a 1 pixel border, and the Windows Settings menu has a very thick border. Control Panel menus are even weirder than the Settings menu. I've fixed this temporarily repeatedly by switching to another preset Windows theme...
  4. Border around Desktop

Border around Desktop: Hello all! I recently bought a GDP P2 Max mini laptop and am pretty surprised at how performant it is. My only problem however is that the Desktop has a border around the edges. It's dark grey and had a tiny rectangle in the upper right corner of the screen. Does anyone...
  5. border around active window

in Windows 10 Support
    border around active window: I have been working on this for two days now. I upgraded from w7pro to w10pro. As soon as I did I am left with a one inch border around my screen. I have tried various settings and troubleshoots and can not get rid of the border. Last resort is changing the registry...
  6. Border around my Chrome window

Border around my Chrome window: Hello, I recently noticed that there's this green border around my Google Chrome window but it's not on all 4 sides, just the top. Since my color theme is green, the line border is green so I'm guessing it has something to do with my theme? I'm confused since I currently...
  7. Snapping causes small borders around windows

Snapping causes small borders around windows: When I snap one window to the left side of my screen, and snap another one to the right, it'll leave 1-3 pixels on any (not all) sides of the window, showing my wallpaper through. How come window snapping is not pixel precise?...
  8. Black border around monitor

Black border around monitor: I'm running Intel HD graphics on a Acer inspire 15.6", upon restart my monitor, 1366x768 aspect ratio, has two inch black bars on each side of the display and 1 inch black bars on the bottom and top. My drivers are updated and I know this is called a shrinked monitor but I...
  9. border around items in the taskbar

border around items in the taskbar: I have Windows 10 and I have Classic Shell installed. I like my taskbar items to be Uncombined, Showing labels. But no matter what settings I try, my taskbar no longer displays items with a border. If you see my screenshot, you'll see the items on my taskbar are...
  10. Pixel border around active window

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Pixel border around active window: Hi there - first post as a new Windows 10 user migrating (returning) from OSX. So far only two issues found on 10130: Orange active window border: I have this horrble orange colour around the active window. I have changed all the colour settings but bothing seems to...