Windows 10: border on monitor

Discus and support border on monitor in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have 2 monitors that are working. the Left monitor has a 2 inch border on the right side. the resolution is 1440x900. If use the recommended... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Stewart Dunsker, Dec 24, 2018.

1. border on monitor

I have 2 monitors that are working. the Left monitor has a 2 inch border on the right side. the resolution is 1440x900. If use the recommended 1600x 900resolution the windows icon disappears from the right side of the screen.

:)

Stewart Dunsker, Dec 24, 2018
  2. Dyan Rey Win User

Black borders on screen

Hi Lyn,

It is true that the challenges that you’re having with the black borders on your computer screen might be related to the Display Settings of your monitor just like what DaveM121 was suggesting. To better assist you with your concern, we need you to answer
    the following questions:

• Which type of display cable are you using? ( VGA, DVI, HDMI cable).
    • Were you able to update your display adapter drivers?
    Looking forward to your response.

Dyan Rey, Dec 24, 2018
  3. black border

Hi Adele,

For us to isolate your concern with the black border on your computer, we would like to know the following:

• When did this happen?
    • Were there any updates made on your computer prior to this concern?
    • To make sure we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Send us a screenshot of the black border.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Dec 24, 2018
  4. TeamK5 Win User

border on monitor

Black border around monitor

I tried the steps you suggested and it did not change anything regarding the black border. I am trying to come up with a better explanation, the information on my screen has a black frame around the information on my screen. The display does not go from
    corner to corner of my display monitor. There is a 1 inch thick black bar on the left and right sides and a 1/2 inch thick black bar on the top and bottom. I attached the screen shot per your request but it is only showing the information on the screen up
    to the black frame. I can get rid of the black frame by going to a lower resolution but I didn't think that is the right solution. I should be able to upgrade to windows 10 and still have the recommended resolution for my monitor.
    border on monitor c42c231f-af15-4761-9ce5-5f55905843b8.png

TeamK5, Dec 24, 2018
Thema:

border on monitor

1. border on monitor - Similar Threads - border monitor

2. How to fix an occasional flickering black border on active monitor?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix an occasional flickering black border on active monitor?: Several users at a firm I do helpdesk IT work for have been experiencing a problem with occasional black borders appearing around their "active" i.e. monitor displaying a word document actively being typed into. The black borders persist for approximately 1-5 seconds and...
  3. How to fix an occasional flickering black border on active monitor?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix an occasional flickering black border on active monitor?: Several users at a firm I do helpdesk IT work for have been experiencing a problem with occasional black borders appearing around their "active" i.e. monitor displaying a word document actively being typed into. The black borders persist for approximately 1-5 seconds and...
  4. I have a Lenovo monitor and there are 2 black borders at each side of the screen,what do I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a Lenovo monitor and there are 2 black borders at each side of the screen,what do I...: I have tried resetting it,updating,configuring but all wont work there's also 5 buttons on the bottom right of the monitor, should I buy another monitor? Can this be fixed?...
  5. I have a Lenovo monitor and there are 2 black borders at each side of the screen,what do I...

I have a Lenovo monitor and there are 2 black borders at each side of the screen,what do I...: I have tried resetting it,updating,configuring but all wont work there's also 5 buttons on the bottom right of the monitor, should I buy another monitor? Can this be fixed?...
  6. I have a Lenovo monitor and there are 2 black borders at each side of the screen,what do I...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. My monitor has borders when the resolution is suppose to fill

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My monitor has borders when the resolution is suppose to fill: I have to use a VGA to HDMI adapter, and after I increased the resolution and opened a game, borders have appeared for a resolution that should fill the screen. I do not how to fix this. I had a temporary fix after uninstalling all my drivers from NVIDIA and re-installing,...
  8. My monitor has borders when the resolution is suppose to fill

My monitor has borders when the resolution is suppose to fill: I have to use a VGA to HDMI adapter, and after I increased the resolution and opened a game, borders have appeared for a resolution that should fill the screen. I do not how to fix this. I had a temporary fix after uninstalling all my drivers from NVIDIA and re-installing,...
  9. Mouse without Borders - Multiple Monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse without Borders - Multiple Monitors: Mouse without Borders v2.2.1.0327 same version on both PC'sI have two monitors on computer 1 1a, 1b Mini PC with two external monitors.I have three monitors on computer 2 2a, 2b, 2c Laptop with docking station. Laptop monitor 2a and two external monitors 2b, 2cPhysical layout...
  10. Certain applications in fullscreen "bleed" over to my second monitor (white border)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Certain applications in fullscreen "bleed" over to my second monitor (white border): I've recently rebuilt my PC and installed fresh Windows. I have a dual monitor set up, mounted one on top of the other. I've noticed recently that numerous programs when full screen have a random white border that "bleeds" or overhangs onto the second monitor. I've tried...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. check monitor border